What's new

Bohemian Series Expansions Thread, Violin Expansion 2 Improv Video

Thanks. in this piece, was trying to showcase the sound from low to high range notes as well as performance playability in terms of doing runs and trills. Might not be the best effort but i have to say the playability in this update is really awesome.

Lovely track Constaneum, thank you for sharing. It is very nice to log in and listen to music.

We are preparing the Cello GUI tutorial to go live tomorrow . We are trying to make these as concise and to a point as possible (which means a lot of retakes of me going off topic ;) or random stomach rumbles :D We could probably make our very own Humble Stomach Rumble Library ) , so they are not any longer then they have to be, but at the same time give you useful tips/ideas. By the beginning of next week we will be updating the demo track list and hopefully get the last 2 tutorials out as fast as possible ;)

And the GUI Tutorial is now uploaded. We have tried to make it as concise and as to a point as possible, but it is slightly different to how we made videos in the past, so please let us know if this style of tutorial is going to work for you. As with everything we do, we are always happy to hear your thoughts and ideas :)

In the downloads area, is there any reason to download exp1 + the original? I'm assuming they both sound and work slightly differently, similar to the violin? I actually prefer the original violin content in some ways due to the lower latency.

In the downloads area, is there any reason to download exp1 + the original? I'm assuming they both sound and work slightly differently, similar to the violin? I actually prefer the original violin content in some ways due to the lower latency.

Definitely in the case of the cello. Unlike with the Violin, in case of the Cello Expansion 1 and it's future expansions we have replaced the original cellist to better fit with our vision and composer expectations, so the Base version prior to expansions are completely different samples, recorded with a different player on different instrument. Due to that fact, we have left the 2 versions there, so people who wish to use the original as well as the new one can always recover their base version in case of system failure or HDD failure.

Last edited:
Reactions: mac
@Virharmonic Thanks, and just to check I'm not going crazy, the violin exp1 contains the original doesn't it, it's not a separate download like in the cello?

Correct as ED sais above ;) - in Cello, the UFS files are made, so they can co-exist - ie you can have both UFS files in the same mounting folder. On the Violin we wanted things to remain easy, so we merged the original into the new UFS, but it caused few issues to some when they tried to open old projects (they had to redirect the violin to the new patch and it could slow down their loading and required resaving...), so to avoid these issues we left them as 2 UFS files which can be in the same folder and will still mount ok. Hope that helps.

I am super interested in getting this instrument but payday isn't until Friday. I was just wondering if you could give an info on how long the promo pricing would remain in place. Thanks and great work!

Are there any alternatives for downloading? I've tried downloading both the legacy and the new cello files, but each time they fail. I'm using Firefox on Windows 10, and am on a somewhat slow ADSL2 link at ~8Mbps.

I am super interested in getting this instrument but payday isn't until Friday. I was just wondering if you could give an info on how long the promo pricing would remain in place. Thanks and great work!

Hi Seiklos

The price will go up once we have uploaded all the tutorials and few more demos. It won't happen over night and small notice will be given prior to us ending the promo price ;) I think that Friday should be ok ;)

Are there any alternatives for downloading? I've tried downloading both the legacy and the new cello files, but each time they fail. I'm using Firefox on Windows 10, and am on a somewhat slow ADSL2 link at ~8Mbps.
Hi Mark,

I believe that Alex sent you an email in the morning to give you assistance, so I hope that his response has already solved the issue for you. If anybody has download issues, please contact us via email (we know that some people in some parts of Australia and Asia can have issues to connect to our EU servers, so if you email us we can assist you ;) ) - it allows us to allocate the best solutions for you ;)

Cheers @Virharmonic, I've been too busy with work to check; will look today. I should have contacted you directly, sorry. Nothing but good service and great products from you guys. :thumbsup:
I'm really looking forward to playing with the cello.

Please oh please tell me this has non-vibrato legato with various vibrato intensity layers controllable with an assignable CC? Also are the velocity layers controllable via CC?

I really like the soul capture concept which seems to have advanced script profiles to evoke the performance style of certain unique moods, and having the ability to keyswitch the moods in real time is a very powerful realtime performance feature for sure. This may be the future of this kind of thing and I look forward to a script editor allowing us to make our own moods using your instruments samples.

I do hope, however this soul capture series doesn't remove the option to go "old-school" and control everything via CC's and keyswitches to our hearts content as well. Though i agree the choices the advanced scripting makes are musical and sound natural, they may not be what the composer intended for our compositions.

Last edited:
Correct as ED sais above ;) - in Cello, the UFS files are made, so they can co-exist - ie you can have both UFS files in the same mounting folder. On the Violin we wanted things to remain easy, so we merged the original into the new UFS, but it caused few issues to some when they tried to open old projects (they had to redirect the violin to the new patch and it could slow down their loading and required resaving...), so to avoid these issues we left them as 2 UFS files which can be in the same folder and will still mount ok. Hope that helps.

Please be patient with me....
I own both libraries but I did not understand the "violin" thing.
So I would like to ask a question you can answer with "yes" or "no".

Does the "Bohemian Violin Virtual Performer Expansion One" include the "Bohemian Violin I" library ?

Does the "Bohemian Violin Virtual Performer Expansion One" include the "Bohemian Violin I" library ?
It is a separate download (e.g. two separate instruments), but owners of expansion one have download links to the original library as well as the new, "Expansion 1" library.

Hi Lucky,

Yes - The Violin Expansion 1 contains the original violin patch in the single UFS file.

It is a separate download (e.g. two separate instruments), but owners of expansion one have download links to the original library as well as the new, "Expansion 1" library.

Hi Storyteller

You are correct in terms of the cello - The Cello Expansion 1 contains all new samples (even for the original content, which was re-recorded for expansion 1), so it is separated into original library ufs (one download) and Expansion 1 version (another download).

As for all our Soul Capture libraries - You do not need the base versions to run the Expanded versions.

I hope that this clears up any possible confusion ;)

Top Bottom