What's new

Bohemian Series Expansions Thread, Violin Expansion 2 Improv Video

OP
Virharmonic

Virharmonic

:D

Thanks guys.

Thanks for pointing out the error. Populating website at 3am is never a good idea :D , but we wanted to get all the info out asap. If anybody spots other mistypes or errors please let us know and we will fix it. We are checking all the text now as well for any potential spelling errors.

EvilDragon

KSP Wizard
No worries :)

BTW, the library will work in Falcon naturally (since you programmed it in there), no need for UVIW, correct? Just making sure before I preorder this baby.

EDIT: Oops, I couldn't wait. Preordered :D

Last edited:
OP
Virharmonic

Virharmonic

Correct :) You won't need UVI Workstation if you prefer to use Falcon.

Rob Elliott

Just to check - I am on UVI 2.5.8 x64 - will this run on that? I just haven't had time to get my head into Falcon (I am sure I'll like it - but it may be Jan before I upgrade.) I guess the million dollar question is, will I lose anything running this VI on my current edition of UVI?

Jaybee

Preordered. Have been sitting on the fence regarding the purchase of solo strings but that walkthrough was amazing and the promise of further development of the Violin (and an additional Cello, Viola etc in the same series) sold it to me.

OP
Virharmonic

Virharmonic

Just to check - I am on UVI 2.5.8 x64 - will this run on that? I just haven't had time to get my head into Falcon (I am sure I'll like it - but it may be Jan before I upgrade.) I guess the million dollar question is, will I lose anything running this VI on my current edition of UVI?

The Library is made for UVI 2.6.+ so we would strongly recommend updating your free UVI Workstation to the highest version (new version is on the way before the release of Bohemian Violin, so you can wait for that if you want), but to make sure that all the features work as they should we always recommend newest UVI Workstation for new products as that is the station we test on. Falcon is not required to run Bohemian Violin or any of our soul capture series and you will not miss out on any of the library functions or usability by running it in the free UVI Workstation. Falcon is great though if you want to use some of the specific Falcon sound design features :)

P.N.

Some libraries offer playability out of the box, but this is a completely new world...
Very impressive, guys! Congratulations.

OP
Virharmonic

Virharmonic

Thank you guys for all the kind words. We are overwhelmed by the support and reactions. The work on the expansion one has already began. The work on the Cello is also in full swing and we expect the delivery for Cello to be shortly before expansion one for the violin.. We have very busy Christmas ahead of us, but we are loving the options and possibilities of where we are taking this project. The base violin has also received a final update before release version goes out. The performer now know what string you are on at all times as you play, so releases are used according to how you change strings in your passage. This becomes very useful in runs of course as you change strings quite often on spicced run, so one more thing not on the site yet, but already added to the performer before release.

EvilDragon

KSP Wizard
Can you perhaps share some RAM/CPU consumption info on your dev machine (including dev machine specs if it's a PC)? :D

Long wait till Xmas... I hope it won't bog down my CPU, like some Falcon patches can... Shame it doesn't do multicore processing like Kontakt does (I know, I know... I won't say a word about Kontakt anymore :P)!

OP
Virharmonic

Virharmonic

Can you perhaps share some RAM/CPU consumption info on your dev machine (including dev machine specs if it's a PC)? :D

I have i7core 3.2Ghz with 32GB ram and a EVO SSD. The memory varies if I use my SSD placed copy or the one I have on a normal HDD. If I use the normal HDD version it is around 1.4GB, if I use the SSD it is under 1GB in the current version. Of course your streaming settings will have large effect on this as I know that I could take the memory uptake even lower, but I'm using the defective Samsung SSD which even after their patches still seems to have some speed issues after the item is stored for longer periods.

In terms of CPU I see it at around 5-6 % most of the time when playing and during fast runs it can go up to around 7-8% so nothing to worry about. I would say that our choral series have higher CPU demand then the violin.

Don't be shy to ask further questions if I've missed anything off ;)

EDIT: I run Win7 Pro 64bit. I plan to update to Win10 after the release...

Ondrej

EvilDragon

KSP Wizard
Yep, W7 x64 over here as well.

CPU over here is i5-2380 at 3.1 GHz (4 cores, no hyperthreading). No SSD, but 7200 RPM WD Blacks for sample drives. I guess I should be fine then. I do want to upgrade to i7-3770K at some point (that's the last one I can put in here before I have to change the mobo and everything... but I think I'll do that when Skylake-E is out, so sometime in 2017 when it gets a bit cheaper :P

This is a single mic position product I assume, sampled very close, so that we can use our own verb and place it however we want?

Last edited:
OP
Virharmonic

Virharmonic

Yep that will work fine. Anything with at least dual core and 2.8+ per core should work ok. As long as they have at least 4GB ram and fast drive.

The main difference between HDD and SSD is that if you use SSD UVI really knows how to use it and the loading is lightning fast and the library has lower memory uptake. In sample world I would rather update my drive first before I would look at upgrading a CPU. I rarely if ever spike my core (even on large orchestral templates), but I used to spike my hdd often before I've upgraded, but I'm getting off topic here :)

Edit: Yes it is dry, so the reverb is your choice ;) We have used SparkVerb in the library, so the users can control how dry or wet they want it in the concert hall, but they can also turn it off completely and use their own reverb. I've tested it with few external reverbs and the sounds is superb as well.

EvilDragon

KSP Wizard
Yeah trouble is I have way too many libraries (something you earn by being a developer - don't we all love NFRs? :D) and I hate to prioritize... I'd need to get 3 TB of SSDs to cover them all, hah.

Anyways, thanks for all the info. Anxiously awaiting to play the violin!

OP
Virharmonic

Virharmonic

Oh I know what you mean :D, but what I did is have a large drives for all my libraries and one 500GB SSD for my "used" libraries if that makes sense. And the ones I use more rarely are on my large drive

Top Bottom