BLISKO - expressive textural strings in motion

Hi guys! I'm excited to introduce the Blisko strings collection. Inspired by the works of John Luther Adams, Henryk Górecki, Ben Frost and Ben Salisbury & Geoff Barrow, even the simplest, softest patches have a sense of constant motion, that gets denser and more emotional as you move through the dynamic layers.

You have a control over the number of players - from one, all the way to three.

It's designed with the ROLI Seaboard in mind, but is also compatible with standard MIDI controllers.

The library was recorded through a beautiful collection of hand-made microphones, going into vintage Neumann, Telefunken and REDD-style tube preamps. The kit was hand-picked for it’s character.

You choose between two close and two room signals and blend between them to your liking. And since we recorded in a dry studio, even the room mics are tight.

Viola:
https://feltinstruments.com/Blisko-Viola

Cello:
https://feltinstruments.com/Blisko-Cello

Violin:
https://feltinstruments.com/Blisko-Violin

Last edited:

Niah2

Absolutely outstanding ! Your instruments are amazing and this is no exception, so psyched for this and can't wait the violin and cello. Keep it up you are doing incredible precious musical gems here.

Absolutely outstanding ! Your instruments are amazing and this is no exception, so psyched for this and can't wait the violin and cello. Keep it up you are doing incredible precious musical gems here.
Thanks so much! It's a crazy project on every possible level :)

This sounds fantastic. I picaked up your earlier two releases and they’re really inspiring to write with.

Could you provide more information on what the MPE controls do in Blisko? In Leuko and Jasno I believe it was used only on the sound design patches and it doesn’t look like there are any of those in Blisko. Thanks!

This sounds fantastic. I picaked up your earlier two releases and they’re really inspiring to write with.

Could you provide more information on what the MPE controls do in Blisko? In Leuko and Jasno I believe it was used only on the sound design patches and it doesn’t look like there are any of those in Blisko. Thanks!
Sure! The library is split into two parts - Shapes and Moments. Shapes are controlled by velocity, so for example, the harder you hit the note, the longer and more expressive the ark is. Moments, on the other hand work by crossfading between different playing techniques (up to three layers). They're MPE compatible so you can do the crossfade per individual note. It's pre-mapped for Slide on the ROLI Seaboard.

Is the intro price for the Collection also Only good until 4/16?
Ok, this one is a bit complex to answer. Yes, on 4/16 the viola will go up 10GBP in price and the Collection will, too with the same amount. Then, when the next library is out, the Collection will get a bit more expensive, until it reaches the full price by the end of the intro offer of the third and final library. So early adopters can get a nice deal, but it takes a bit of trust. Does that make sense?

zadillo

Ok, this one is a bit complex to answer. Yes, on 4/16 the viola will go up 10GBP in price and the Collection will, too with the same amount. Then, when the next library is out, the Collection will get a bit more expensive, until it reaches the full price by the end of the intro offer of the third and final library. So early adopters can get a nice deal, but it takes a bit of trust. Does that make sense?
makes sense! I love Jasno and Leuko so willing to take a chance here too

sathyva

Just came acroos your website ! I think i'll buy all the three available instruments !
Any ETA regarding the violin and cello ?

cheers !

Last edited:
Just came acroos your website ! I think i'll buy all the three available instruments !
Any ETA regarding the violin and cello ?

cheers !
Sounds good to me ;) They're already recorded and the software is written so it's a matter of editing really. I'd say three weeks to a month for the cello and the same for the violin sounds real.

BradHoyt

Sounds good to me ;) They're already recorded and the software is written so it's a matter of editing really. I'd say three weeks to a month for the cello and the same for the violin sounds real.
Sounds good! I was wondering though, If I do not have a Roli controller, is there any functionality I an not recreate with a standard controller and faders for modulation, etc ?

Sounds good! I was wondering though, If I do not have a Roli controller, is there any functionality I an not recreate with a standard controller and faders for modulation, etc ?
Sure! The instrument works great with standard monophonic MIDI CC. In fact, the demo from the first post (the animated one) was mostly written in about 15 minutes using one patch, CC1 and automating the Players knob. So no MPE there.

If you have an MPE controller, though, you'd be able to crossfade between different layers on a per-note basis which adds yet another layer of expression.