What's new

Blimey... 67% OFF Palette Orchestral collection by Red Room Audio

reutunes

AWESOME deal on one of my favourite orchestral products:

67% OFF Red Room Audio Palette collection, including Melodics, Orchestral FX and Runs & Arps.

Was $600 - now $199... or you can buy each individually for 60% off at $79 each (normally $199)

The whole collection has recently been updated to version 1.2 and includes new instruments and vastly improved legato performance. The best thing about these collections is that the multiple mic positions and reasonably dry hall allow them to integrate with pretty much any other orchestral libraries. I've worked with them extensively and can vouch for their flexibility.

Claim an additional $20 off if you already own Symphonic Sketchpad (a previous APD deal) using voucher code at checkout: apd-3182-524-ptb

DEAL HERE

1200x627.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds nice.
The voucher code did not work here unfortunately (and I own Sketchpad from the earlier APD Deal)

Anything particularly distinctive or stand-out about the Melodics lib vs other developers? My template is largely OT symphonic + Ark libraries plus a smattering of expressive solo instruments from Fluffy, Spitfire, Virharmonic.

I don't have a lot of coverage in the FX and Runs/Arps territory, so it seems like I might be able to make use of the Palette bundle, but curious for opinions on how well this would integrate with my current libraries and if I'd be gaining much for my "normal" (mostly classically influenced) orchestral writing too.

The only thing I was missing was the fx and for 79$ I struck. Too bad that the 20$ voucher is only valid for the package. Money well spent.

Anything particularly distinctive or stand-out about the Melodics lib vs other developers?

I'm actually wondering the same. I'm missing Ark1 and out of funds right now and I was wondering how Melodics compares to Ark1 as it sounds it could be somehow in same territory.

It is a bit strange, all patches of the fx load correctly and are played, only the choirs are not. In the FX builder on the other hand, the choirs work. Very strange ... :thumbsdown:

Edit:

Cool support at redroom. My mail was answered promptly.

If someone has a similar phenomenon, here is the solution:

This seems to be a quite simple error that slipped through the cracks: all the samples are purged even though the decca mic shows as activated. To reload the samples, simply hit the round button beneath the Decca slider to turn it off, then back on. The patch then load the samples, and if you save the patch you won't ever have to toggle it again.

:emoji_thumbsup:

Last edited:
Seems a very compelling deal. In considering the deal I feel I would need to grab the Sketchpad as well to have the "complete" product. This puts it in line with Nucleus from a cost perspective which I have also been considering. Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations with respect to comparing the two?

So no interest in this deal? Almost no traffic here...

Posted (2) and deleted. RRA Bundle seems great opportunity, yet running right in parallel with VSL - BBO new-release promos ..... VSL ~ 30% vs RRA ~ 60% for SSketchpad owners. Quite different paths in many respects, yet both attractive imho.

If I already had Sketchpad I’d be in for sure. And while $400 for all of it isn’t a bad deal by any stretch I just can’t do it right now. I wish they had offered this price as a pick 3 or 4. So those without Sketchpad could get it plus addons and those without ... well you get the idea.

Have you heard walkthroughs of VSL _ BBO to compare and comment ?? Interested in what you hear by comparison and if VSL _ BBO sounds are also not to your liking ....

It is a bit strange, all patches of the fx load correctly and are played, only the choirs are not. In the FX builder on the other hand, the choirs work. Very strange ... :thumbsdown:

Edit:

Cool support at redroom. My mail was answered promptly.

If someone has a similar phenomenon, here is the solution:

This seems to be a quite simple error that slipped through the cracks: all the samples are purged even though the decca mic shows as activated. To reload the samples, simply hit the round button beneath the Decca slider to turn it off, then back on. The patch then load the samples, and if you save the patch you won't ever have to toggle it again.

:emoji_thumbsup:

Not so pleased with things 'falling through the cracks', but understand 'perfection' escapes us. Followed Your advice(s) and trust all is well now. Strange how these 'trivial' issues impact larger decisions, e.g., current RRA Bundle promo.
Oscillating ..........

I already own the "Melodics" volume, and I think that for the price, it's a pretty good deal!... Unfortunately, I don't own the original Sketchpad library... It would have been nice to be able to get it at the same price as the expansions.

Likely waaay off base ..... but choosing to compare and decide on continuing with VSL BBO, given new Perc libs (Dorado & Eridanus) OR jumping ship and adding Palette Bundle. Key issue involves RRA-SAGA, and ease of decent results for non-percussionist / keyboardist. Costs are comparable, but have LADD and concerned that SAGA may not be more useful. VSL - BBO is feeling more 'fun' to use ...... RRA - Palette / SAGA may be more effective 'long-term' ??

Last edited:
I like it, but without the main Palette library included that I think is a must, there are other alternatives as @mjsalam said...
I am looking for Metropolis Ark II and or Spitfire BBCSO that in the next sales will have a similar price. If they include the 4 libraries in the bundle I will buy for sure.

I like it, but without the main Palette library included that I think is a must, there are other alternatives as @mjsalam said...
I am looking for Metropolis Ark II and or Spitfire BBCSO that in the next sales will have a similar price. If they include the 4 libraries in the bundle I will buy for sure.

I don't quite agree that you need the "main" Palette library to make the best use of the others. FX could be a completely standalone library for many people, and Melodics meshes with other libraries quite nicely due to the pretty dry hall they recorded in.

I tried to showcase how you can mix and match libraries from various developers (Cinesamples / Spitfire / Cinematic Studio Strings) with one or two of the "Quickie" videos I did. Be aware the Melodics video below uses the 1.1 patch - the legato has been improved a lot since then.

Top Bottom