What's new

Black Friday 2019

Kontakt libraries are certainly my prime weakness at that time for years now, but this year I've had quite a few scheduled and unscheduled expenditures, including the recent building of a new DAW system, albeit with only half of the max. RAM amount so far and without new SSD for libraries storage with at least twice the capacity than the present one. So these two circumstances will (hopefully) lead me toward the abstinence this year. ;)

There is one major obstacle, though. Spitfire. If they cook up another "The Ton" offer priced about 99 EUR, I'll probably bite after all. Especially if it includes "British Drama Toolkit", "Glass and Steel" and some other Spitfire products I'm interested in and still don't have.

I was really looking forward to Project Sam Pandora but what they have clued so far is not very appealing to me.
Being broke as I am, I really hope the Tarilonte Eras I don't have will be on sale cause I will probably buy them anyway...

Probably going to upgrade Spitfire Studio Orchestra to the Pro version (or at least the brass part, which sorely needs the close mics...)
Sarah, I did this before.
While adding mics to SStB opens new possibilities, it doesn’t solve the shortcomings (volume inconsistencies across articulations, horns too soft, tuba a bit too thin, etc.).
Maybe someone can confirm this too, because I’m not a pro user.

For BF / Xmas, I’ll be looking for offers on :
CSB and maybe CSS
SF Solo Strings
A good piano library
Maybe one of those lovely Arturia mini hardware synth (Microfreak, etc)
And maybe a PA system for my band.

Not too much since I plan to invest on laptop + hub + audio interface in 2020.
And this will be a lot of money...

Only really looking at the Spitfire Studio Orchestra Pro upgrade. I've wanted Tundra for the longest time but I can wait another year for it.

Best to set some money aside for those no-brainer deals (such as Soundtoys 5 + Arturia V Collection 6 bundled together at 66% off last year)

-I will probably either get Joshua Bell or Bohemian Violine.

-I am also looking into a keyswitchable string library with all 5 sections and a hall sound (8Dio Adagio, Spitfire Studio Strings and HW Strings do all only cover part of that and thats the aspects I mostly pick them from. So something covering all 3 points would be great. Spitfire Symphonic maybe?)

-Maybe another software synth (u-he Diva most likely)

A certain Broadcasting network library cleaned me out pretty much, so hopefully nothing.. I'm waiting on CSWW.. although maybe dominus pro if there's a deal..

(Puts dream generator on...)
The John Williams One Bar MIDI Generator:

- input any triad
- select what section(s) to arrange
- select style for each section: chord, arppegio, run
- what function: harmony, transition, modulation,
- complexity: smooth, surprising, complex, ultra complex...
- click "Generate"

and repeat as needed...

(Takes dream generator off...) :grin:

Failing the above, I'd love some Cinesample stuff. :)
The BBCSO sounds tempting, but my funds are severely depleted.

For BF / Xmas, I’ll be looking for offers on :
CSB and maybe CSS
SF Solo Strings
A good piano library
Maybe one of those lovely Arturia mini hardware synth (Microfreak, etc)
And maybe a PA system for my band.
Two of Sampletek's pianos are on sale as a bundle for under $40 right now at APD. i missed the last time they were on sale. And, I think they were more than this each when I was looking at them. I'm still downloading, so I can't confirm how they sound. But others who are much better at piano than I am have recommended them as good pianos. Demos sound good. And? May want to double check these are the right pianos, as there seems to be a few versions. https://audioplugin.deals/deal-2/

I initially was planning on buying BBCSO, but I think that ship as sailed.

Will get instead: Embertone Herring Clarinet
Joshua Bell Violin
more RAM

Still looking for: A good solo flute (recommendations are appreciated)

Haushka if Spitfire does a sale on it.
Arturia V collection
Devious Machines Texture
Zynpatiq Intensity
Slate and Ash new Instrument
Moonkits / Imogen Heap Toolbox
Waverunner Celestial Guitars
Shaper Box 2

OK gosh... I feel bad writing this.

Top Bottom