What's new

Birth of a Planet /dramatic orchestral trailer

AlexanderSchiborr

Thank you for sharing. Well my opinon..
for a planet that was a quick birth, right?.. ;)
For me there is hard to make kind of intention with the track.
The vocals in the beginning are bit very loud in comparison the rest. But that is a technical kind of nature. Put them 2-3 db quiter..and that it works better with the build up.
Your idea on the vocals is nowhere again in the track, so the intro becomes obselete to me, maybe as an effect what you were after?
Atmosphere is good. The Dm tonality feels not really going somewhere..you are setting that vibe there and the french horns are blasting..ending on the A major which liked. You could maybe wrap that structure a bit up.
Apart from that: Keep on going.

OP
AdamSold

AdamSold

Thank you for sharing. Well my opinon..
for a planet that was a quick birth, right?.. ;)
For me there is hard to make kind of intention with the track.
The vocals in the beginning are bit very loud in comparison the rest. But that is a technical kind of nature. Put them 2-3 db quiter..and that it works better with the build up.
Your idea on the vocals is nowhere again in the track, so the intro becomes obselete to me, maybe as an effect what you were after?
Atmosphere is good. The Dm tonality feels not really going somewhere..you are setting that vibe there and the french horns are blasting..ending on the A major which liked. You could maybe wrap that structure a bit up.
Apart from that: Keep on going.

I agree. The vocals in the beginning are a bit loud, and its mixed with a single solo boy voice and a bigger children choir. Sounds crap. I will change the entire intro of the track. Maybe with chello or some other solo strings.
And yes its too short but it is only a kind of teaser. I have a limitation due to hardware features but...im gonna set up a strong slave pc soon :)

Anyway thanks for the comment!

tehreal

Nice job. Great percussion, too. Not sure about the "vibraslap" sound that comes in later but that's just my tastes :)

I agree with @AlexanderSchiborr about the vocals being too loud. Maybe they should also be more distant sounding as well as a touch quieter? (if you keep them, I mean)

You're really good at building. Would be nice if you could extend this into a more complete piece.

Top Bottom