What's new

Bioscape - A Sonic Kaleidoscope of Found Sound Cinematics

There's a Bioscape give-away event on the Luftrum Facebook page, you can win a license of Bioscape ($159) to you and up to three of your music / producer / composer friends, all you have to do is to tag those who deserve to enrich their DAW with found sound cinematics. The friends-pack will be drawn February 17.

I got this today with a little discount, and my whole morning has been ruined. @Luftrum and his people truly have something amazing here.

With this, I can do anything for video game ambience, impacts, passing electrical and environmental effects, and awe-inspiring sound shaping with the included or my own sounds.

This is terrifying. Yesterday, I wouldn't have know how to do the things I'm hearing with the degree of control I now can exercise.

Throw the output into DearVR, and I'm sitting on the couch making environments that sound like triple-A. Holy wow. Sounds are exercising the sub, whizzing around my head. Thanks, you guys! And I haven't even begun playing with this plugin. Best purchase this year.

I got this today with a little discount, and my whole morning has been ruined. @Luftrum and his people truly have something amazing here.

With this, I can do anything for video game ambience, impacts, passing electrical and environmental effects, and awe-inspiring sound shaping with the included or my own sounds.

This is terrifying. Yesterday, I wouldn't have know how to do the things I'm hearing with the degree of control I now can exercise.

Throw the output into DearVR, and I'm sitting on the couch making environments that sound like triple-A. Holy wow. Sounds are exercising the sub, whizzing around my head. Thanks, you guys! And I haven't even begun playing with this plugin. Best purchase this year.
Thank you. Really glad to hear Bioscape ruined your morning, your first line made my heart skip a beat or two. 😅

Maybe I can surprise you with an update coming March 31 when Bioscape will be updated to v1.2. The update will add a larger user interface so you can switch between standard size and larger size via the preferences (the little question mark ? in bottom right of the interface).

We also included an option to change color, from standard blue to a complementary green. Just click the Bioscape logo in the interface to change color.

Dual-color-change.jpg

It's really easy to get lost in all the possibilities. I remember making huge impact sounds, but I forgot how I did that. Anyway, it's great to hear about the resizing.

My favorites are the low, ominous ambiences, pulsing, suspenseful sounds. Nature stuff is fantastic. Cacti, even. There's a page of free sounds on the Luftrum site that got me started. Pretty neat! I donated to the wildlife fund, so I then received a link to grab all of them. Good stuff!

Throw the output into DearVR, and I'm sitting on the couch making environments that sound like triple-A. Holy wow. Sounds are exercising the sub, whizzing around my head. Thanks, you guys! And I haven't even begun playing with this plugin. Best purchase this year
My getting Bioscape precipitated me picking up a few gigs of environmental samples to drag and drop into the interface. I’ve been amazed at the ease and beauty I’ve been able to achieve using the built in processing. One of the best things I bought last year.

I hope it's okay to blither on about this, but I've been sitting on the couch with a MIDI controller, bringing sounds into "A" and making small filter adjustments, playing with the reverb, adding some pulsing modulation, and most of all, dreaming. So many applications for this. FOUR HOURS today.

It sort of feels like Absynth, but with crunchy and imperfect sounds, and easy to "program." A few times I added a "B" with the same sound, because I want to detune it a few cents and fatten up a tonal patch like an ARP Odyssey. We'll see, haven't figured out anything but semitones yet.

It's not going to beat JB Violin, but this thing is my favorite blockbuster plugin of its type.

EDIT: Oh, yeah. RTFM. Tune Knob Steps in Preferences can toggle between semitones and cents. Makes cents.

The one thing that would make it even more perfect would be to have the four layers on one page. Imo
That would be information overload considering the number of parameters, plus it's already using the available screen real-estate pretty completely, so not gonna happen. UI design is often art, and cramming everything available all at once is hardly a perfect way of doing things.

This might be the wrong place to ask but any chance there will be a rent-to-own option similar to Lunaris? Bioscape sounds incredible and I would love to have this option to pay over time.

This might be the wrong place to ask but any chance there will be a rent-to-own option similar to Lunaris? Bioscape sounds incredible and I would love to have this option to pay over time.
I also went looking for that, last week ;)

Sure you can ask here, no problem at all. I don't plan a rent-to-own for Bioscape as with Lunaris, but I will have a sale soon: Starting April 5 and running for ten days, there will be a Luftrum Spring Sale and Bioscape will be discounted with 30% ($111).

Sure you can ask here, no problem at all. I don't plan a rent-to-own for Bioscape as with Lunaris, but I will have a sale soon: Starting April 5 and running for ten days, there will be a Luftrum Spring Sale and Bioscape will be discounted with 30% ($111).
No doubt you have solid reasons for not going down that route again, but for me it's definitely a shame. Still, I doubt this kind of instrument will go out of style. Might get it next year :2thumbs:

It sort of feels like Absynth, but with crunchy and imperfect sounds, and easy to "program."
THAT was the sentence I was waiting to read :) Absynth's sound has always been top of my list but programming it? Someone made of stronger stuff than me needs to do that. So thanks, that is really useful. Sale tomorrow I think?

Got it up and running. Yup, this is kind of like all I wanted Kontakt to do in the first place. Thanks Luftrum.
Of course the presets are excellent as I knew from the walkthrough videos, but when I threw in one of my own field recordings I realised this thing has great design and thoughtful choices. It just does what you hope it will do in terms of sound design and has that great workflow thing where you can get lost down a rabbit hole of immersion.

And a proper pdf manual should also get a mention! I appreciate it, as I know it can be a pita to do.

One question. User samples and looping: not sure how to get the loop point and crossfade set up on my own stuff (Native button?). I don't have the full version of Kontakt 6, only 5, so is that something that can only be done in Full 6?

Last edited:
Top Bottom