What's new

Big Dorico news coming! Dorico Live Stream

It's a paid upgrade, even for 3.0 users (while 3.0 was only released sep 2019)
€30 for the Elements upgrade, €60 for the Pro upgrade
This is what frustrates me to no end with Steinberg. They gouge users for every little update. I love their products but sheesh.. almost every other developer doesn’t have paid incremental updates.

Saw this video just now and it's great how they've made it possible to write in either mode, but have the "play mode" auto-adjust CC lanes based on the "engrave / score mode" :O :D
Some very good stuff in there - they are integrating the notation and playback ever closer!
I like it a lot :)

I also love the "search" function - there are so many settings / properties etc. in Dorico that it's hard to keep track at times... mind you REAPER has had that for a while!!!

It's a paid upgrade, even for 3.0 users (while 3.0 was only released sep 2019)
€30 for the Elements upgrade, €60 for the Pro upgrade

Classic Steinberg..they'd charge 0.1 updates if they could

Is that background music new or an existing piece? Sounds very much like John Adams. Anyone know what it is?

Dorico Prelude by Segun Akinola - I think it was sponsored for the Dorico 3 release:

BTW congrats on making it to the BBCSO list of demos!!! :dancedance:

Jesus. $60 for a basic functionality update and improvement of existing features. Dorico is gonna end up being EXPENSIVE so Im out for now.

Sticking with Sibelius for now.

Not to mention that some of us bought Version 2 at full price, then upgraded to 3... now this?
Seems unfair for people that have been supporting the project from the beginning. Meanwhile for a first time buyer, it's the same price.

Not to mention that some of us bought Version 2 at full price, then upgraded to 3... now this?
Seems unfair for people that have been supporting the project from the beginning. Meanwhile for a first time buyer, it's the same price.
But the first time buyer hasn’t used it for the period which you have paid to use it. They are just stepping onto the ladder now. Seems fair to me. There is always the option to not upgrade until you feel new features added make it worth it. Personally I think the price is fine.

Top Bottom