What's new

Big Band Arranging Gig

FredericBernard

I would need an arranger, experienced specifically with big band/jazz band arranging, to collaborate on orchestrating a song project. I do a lot of orchestrating and live scoring by myself, but am opposed not actually experienced with jazz arrangement.

Your job would be turning a 2-3 minutes piano/vocal sketch song into an orchestrated version. The harmonic style is a lot in the twist of Aladdin's "Friend like me", but I would be absolutely open for any potential changes in the creative direction. Meaning we could also potentially add strings, orchestral percussion (timpani) etc., to lend the cue some more orchestral colours. Also an approach into a more Dixiland-based style, like "When we're Human" (Princess and the Frog), could work out, so I am very open for experiments. :) Though we'd need a distinctive jazz signature as basis for sure. The music is is thought to be recorded in a live setting, meaning we would need someone having already experience in scoring with a live jazz ensemble.

To anyone who might be interested, I'd love to know via private message. Please add how much you would approx. charge. Demos of any previous projects would be appreciated.

Best,
-https://fredericbernardmusic.com (Frederic)

Last edited:
I would need an arranger, experienced specifically with big band/jazz band arranging, to collaborate on orchestrating a song project. I do a lot of orchestrating and live scoring by myself, but am opposed not actually experienced with jazz arrangement.

Your job would be turning a 2-3 minutes piano/vocal sketch song into an orchestrated version. The harmonic style is a lot in the twist of Aladdin's "Friend like me", but I would be absolutely open for any potential changes in the creative direction. Meaning we could also potentially add strings, orchestral percussion (timpani) etc., to lend the cue some more orchestral colours. Also an approach into a more Dixiland-based style, like "When we're Human" (Princess and the Frog), could work out, so I am very open for experiments. :) Though we'd need a distinctive jazz signature as basis for sure. The music is is thought to be recorded in a live setting, meaning we would need someone having already experience in scoring with a live jazz ensemble.

To anyone who might be interested, I'd love to know via private message. Please add how much you would approx. charge. Demos of any previous projects would be appreciated.

Best,
Hey Frederic,

I saw your post looking for a big band arranger. I've been a professional big band arranger for over 10 years. I've done three albums and worked with lots of clients.

Here's some recent samples:
-- produced this 3 minute track for a video game, hired all the musicians and produced the recording

-- live in the studio with the Tyler Mire Big Band

I'd love to hear more about the project and what your budget is like.

You can DM me here (I'm new to this forum and having trouble figuring out how to send a DM) or we can take this to email: tm0135 at gmail dot com

Looking forward to hearing back!

Best,
Tyler

Hi Frederic,

I don't know if you found someone for that big band arrangement yet but I figured I'd send you a message anyway.
I'm a recent jazz school graduate from Australia and am interested in doing some arranging for you.

Here's some examples of my big band work:

To clarify, you're looking for someone to only create some arrangements (as in music charts), and not someone to either do mockups or book live musicians to create a recording? I do have experience conducting and working with live musicians so if you do need someone to create a live recording that's something I am quite capable of.

The cost for arrangement by itself would be $110 USD per minute of music. The cost for the live recording would be $300 USD per musician (for a big band that would be 5 saxes, 4 trombones, 4 trumpets, piano, bass, guitar, drums & a conductor (myself) to run the session) and $300 USD to book the studio for a half day. The cost of mixing and mastering is variable and would depend on the number of tracks you're wanting and how long they, but it shouldn't be more than $200 USD per track. So for a 3 min big band arrangement the total cost for the live recording would be at least $6200 USD with some additional costs on top of that (printing charts etc.).

If you wanted a smaller jazz ensemble the individual costs would stay the same (still $300 USD per musician).

Let me know what your thoughts. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Regi Ashman

Hi Regi,

I am afraid I already found an arranger. Many thanks although for your proposal.

Cheers!

Top Bottom