What's new

BF2018: The cigarette after it. How do you feel?

They just reduce the prices and still sell them. Sonnivox is doing that making money of those will small budgets. All of those Waves $29 plugins haven't had real updates despite slapping the v10 label on them. There's so many products out there that were developed well enough not to need updating they still make money off them.

Well of course if you have those products, and they've been out for years, you still want to be making money off of them. But, that's what clutters up the market and will make it tough for a developer to sell new products as the market matures.

What I also expect to see happen is major platforms buying up the content of developers, and just bundling it in with their platforms. Similar to what Apple did with Camel Audio. Camel Audio's software and content is now just part of Logic Pro X (and those who owned Logic Pro X got it as a free update to an already inexpensive application).

Instruments/Samples:
Era II Vocal Codex
Spitfire Solo Strings
(just few days before: Musical Sampling Trailer Bundle)

Effects:
Fabfilter Simplon

Liquidsonics Seventh Heaven

Softube Tape
Softube Drawmer S73

Overloud Gem Dopamine

Waves Abbey Road Chambers
Waves Abbey Road Vinyl
Waves H-Reverb
Waves Aphex Aural Vintage Exciter
Waves Scheps Omni

Other:
Samsung Evo 860 1TB

Still wondering between A or B?

Geez....Forgot Output Complete Bundle, Acon Reverberate, Tube Tech Upgrade to Mk ii, Lexicon MPX....
What did your wife think of that?

Well of course if you have those products, and they've been out for years, you still want to be making money off of them. But, that's what clutters up the market and will make it tough for a developer to sell new products as the market matures.

What I also expect to see happen is major platforms buying up the content of developers, and just bundling it in with their platforms. Similar to what Apple did with Camel Audio. Camel Audio's software and content is now just part of Logic Pro X (and those who owned Logic Pro X got it as a free update to an already inexpensive application).

There are new and small developers who also price their products lower. Many of them don't clutter up the market and were for those who only want to make a small investment in something they may not use a lot. I don't think someone is going to say, "Hey Spitfire, Sonivox sells their libraries for $8 each and you should do the same". How is it any different than any other market? I can get a Merlot for $2.99 but it doesn't stop people from buying higher priced ones. It's never easy to sell a product to begin with. It's the nature of the beast.

How do I feel? Pretty good actually. :)

I bought Embertone Jubal Flute and Shire Whistle for 21 bucks. I didn't really need any more sound libraries anyway, since I recently bought MOJO 2 in the intro sale just a few weeks ago.

I also picked myself up a RME Babyface Pro. It wasn't really on sale per se, but it had a small discount and I was going to buy one either way anyway. So far I'm very happy with this little unit.

I was almost tempted to buy Seventh Heaven Pro. It's a great price atm for $179, but I just couldn't stomach the fact that it requires a hardware iLok. I have lots of soft iLok software on my machine, so I'm not entirely iLok averse. But for live gigging, I don't want to have to worry about losing the dongle or having it stolen. Also since I intend to gig with a Surface Pro, USB slots are at a premium, with the Babyface Pro taking up the only available slot. I suppose I could just use a USB hub, but then that is something else that I would have to cart around with me. So it's not really a practicable solution. It DOES sound fantastic though, I'll give them that.

I also picked myself up a RME Babyface Pro. It wasn't really on sale per se, but it had a small discount and I was going to buy one either way anyway. So far I'm very happy with this little unit.

I was almost tempted to buy Seventh Heaven Pro. It's a great price atm for $179, but I just couldn't stomach the fact that it requires a hardware iLok. I have lots of soft iLok software on my machine, so I'm not entirely iLok averse. But for live gigging, I don't want to have to worry about losing the dongle or having it stolen. Also since I intend to gig with a Surface Pro, USB slots are at a premium, with the Babyface Pro taking up the only available slot. I suppose I could just use a USB hub, but then that is something else that I would have to cart around with me. So it's not really a practicable solution. It DOES sound fantastic though, I'll give them that.

My recent RME Babyface Pro acquisition is one of my top buys of the last couple of years.

I had a firm resolve not to buy anything! And that worked out really well, apart from a few little things, such as:
-Hollo delight 2 for omnisphere.
-PSP mixpack ($29 who can resist)

Hi el - I picked up Delight 1 and like it. How different is Delight 2? Will it add much to 1 or is it pretty much the same vibe?

Have you had a chance to play around with the PSP stuff yet? If yes, how is it? I'm a fan of their Vintage Warmer and debating grabbing the mixpack.

thanks -

Last edited:
I spent way too much money this time around. I'm done for a while hopefully.

East West Hollywood Orchestral Percussion
Samsung Evo 860 SSD
Kawai MP11
Akai MPD 226

I would have picked up Pianoteq but they only had a discount on their Pro version.

I picked up Novo and Forzo last night. Still trying to figure out how I'm going to incorporate them into my workflow. I only bought them for their horror elements, except Forzo sounds so good it might become my go-to brass lib.

Hi el - I picked up Delight 1 and like it. How different is Delight 2? Will it add much to 1 or is it pretty much the same vibe?

Have you had a chance to play around with the PSP stuff yet? If yes, how is it? I'm a fan of their Vintage Warmer and debating grabbing the mixpack.

thanks -
Hi I love the sound of the PSP plugs, the saturator and the compressor slotted into a mix i had quite nicely.Love Delight 2, and it takes it into a real nice cinematic vibe. It's definitely not "more of the same" anything by Joseph Hollo is totally amazing, not just the patches, but how USEFUL many of them are. The patches here are nicely themed to work together, and the demo midi's show that really nicely. I'm a bit of a synth-patch enthusiast myself, and I think JH is the pick of the crop of designers, I have a few patch libs from other, better known devs, so I have plenty to compare to.JH often just uses the stock components of Omnisphere and crafts beauty from them.

Hi I love the sound of the PSP plugs, the saturator and the compressor slotted into a mix i had quite nicely.Love Delight 2, and it takes it into a real nice cinematic vibe. It's definitely not "more of the same" anything by Joseph Hollo is totally amazing, not just the patches, but how USEFUL many of them are. The patches here are nicely themed to work together, and the demo midi's show that really nicely. I'm a bit of a synth-patch enthusiast myself, and I think JH is the pick of the crop of designers, I have a few patch libs from other, better known devs, so I have plenty to compare to.JH often just uses the stock components of Omnisphere and crafts beauty from them.

Thanks for getting back el.

I'll have to revisit both -)

I bought the unused licence from a forum member two weeks ago and everything went very smoothly. However, while registering it, it turned out that I had actually paid 216 € for Play 6 software (retail price $ 29). Lucky for me, the seller was as puzzled as I was and contacted the shop who sold it to him. The shop promised to get back to him, but it's been rather silent since.

It's now been three weeks since I paid for this mistake. The seller (who is yet unnamed a semi-active forum member) hasn't been online since nov. 20 and the shop mentioned (namely JRR) doesn't get back to me despite of my contact requests. I cannot even call the shop due to the fact that none of the phone numbers seem to work. Any idea what should I do before I start fantasizing about violence?

EDIT: The seller had certain personal issues which kept him offline for some time, and contacted me today providing the new and working code JRR had given him. So all is fine now. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom