What's new

BF2018: The cigarette after it. How do you feel?

Didn't really get much this year. Concentrated more on studio things : Sonarworks reference 4 w/mic , VEPro and TC Electronic VSS3. Waiting for Cinematic Studio Brass, Audiobro Brass and LASS3 and Fabfilter Pro Q 3 though.

Berlin brass
Berlin strings
Berlin woodwinds
Berlin Percussion
fabfilter pro q
waves chamber reverb
waves plate reverb
waves f6 dynamic eq

Last edited:
How do I feel? Well the cigarette after it was more of a cigar and several large wines. I won the Spitfire Everything bundle! :faint::dancer:
(The 'Gift On' items are already dealt with before anyone asks).

In all seriousness, am still in a state of shock. As the draw was being made I was bemoaning to myself how I never ever win in such events. When it came to the final ticket I decided to force myself to expect to win, a sort of joke within my own mind as to the "power of positive thinking". Christian had already said "green", "one", "eight"... before I even realised what was happening. When the last number came out, after an involuntary yelp of delight, I literally froze for about 10 minutes not knowing what to do.

I walked into the lounge and my wife said jokingly "did you win anything then...?" :rofl::shocked:

All I can say is I already have a title for my first composition; "Green 182" :2thumbs:

How do I feel? Well the cigarette after it was more of a cigar and several large wines. I won the Spitfire Everything bundle! :faint::dancer:

In all seriousness, am still in a state of shock. As the draw was being made I was bemoaning to myself how I never ever win in such events. When it came to the final ticket I decided to force myself to expect to win, a sort of joke within my own mind as to the "power of positive thinking". Christian had already said "green", "one", "eight"... before I even realised what was happening. When the last number came out, after an involuntary yelp of delight, I literally froze for about 10 minutes not knowing what to do.

I walked into the lounge and my wife said jokingly "did you win anything then...?" :rofl::shocked:

All I can say is I already have a title for my first composition; "Green 182" :2thumbs:

Hello more hard drives. Congrats!

Wow! That's amazing! Congrats. Can't imagine how you must have felt. I was hoping we'd hear from the winner. Caveat: No more excuses for putting out anything less than stellar quality music. ;)

Nice! Congrats.

The Power Of Positive Thinking? I have to try that with the New Years Eve state lottery. ;)

I also went for The Ton (already owning the felt piano and having eyed the Evo 3 library for so long that it became almost indecent). Together with the Trackspacer plugin that was it. There were a couple of other things that caught my attention, but in the end they didn't excite me enough to buy them. Still thinking about Fingerpick 2.0 though (that is, if the intro price is still on).

I did buy new speakers and a new amplifier (plus a piece of audio furniture) a couple of weeks ago and they arrived last Monday. So it's probably going to be more music listening than music making anyway.

Man i somehow missed Spitfires The Ton...for some reason i thought the sale was through the end of the week. Bummer! :(

Incredible luck, congrats mate!

Forza Horizon 4
Gran Turismo Sport
Thrustmaster T80 racing wheel and pedals
Synthmaster Player upgrade to Synthmaster
Synthmaster crossgrade to Synthmaster One
Marcus Bonna double case for soprano and alto saxophone

Also bought a PlayStation 4 Pro and about a dozen games in late October/early November. Not really related to Black Friday, but definitely a strong contributor to my relative restraint when it came to actual BF stuff. Still considering picking up some VSL saxes since they're basically the only option when it comes to classical applications, and it would be nice to have a full band. Euphonium as well. Not sure if I can justify the expense, though, considering how little I actually use my sample libraries.

Kontakt 6:
I never had full kontakt before. It's the most boring purchase ever.
likely to be one of the most boring - - and *valuable* purchases you'll ever make!
*eventually*, you'll find *dozens* of things that you can do with "full", that you can't even get near in "Player". Some of those things will just be fun, but many of them will become invaluable.
Then you'll be glad you made such a "boring" purhase!

As one who has too many DAWs, I caved on S1v4 upgrade because it was under $70 with discounts. Presonus is very agressive trying to get their DAW in everyone's hands.
BF seems to be getting more lackluster as there is so much competition these days. Most often you find the same deals throughout the year by EW and Waves.

likely to be one of the most boring - - and *valuable* purchases you'll ever make!
*eventually*, you'll find *dozens* of things that you can do with "full", that you can't even get near in "Player". Some of those things will just be fun, but many of them will become invaluable.
Then you'll be glad you made such a "boring" purhase!
Oh I know you're right. And that's why I bought it. It's rare that I put future me ahead of present day me, but this is one of those times. ;)

Top Bottom