What's new

BF2018: The cigarette after it. How do you feel?

jtnyc

Hi I love the sound of the PSP plugs, the saturator and the compressor slotted into a mix i had quite nicely.Love Delight 2, and it takes it into a real nice cinematic vibe. It's definitely not "more of the same" anything by Joseph Hollo is totally amazing, not just the patches, but how USEFUL many of them are. The patches here are nicely themed to work together, and the demo midi's show that really nicely. I'm a bit of a synth-patch enthusiast myself, and I think JH is the pick of the crop of designers, I have a few patch libs from other, better known devs, so I have plenty to compare to.JH often just uses the stock components of Omnisphere and crafts beauty from them.
Thanks for getting back el.

I'll have to revisit both -)

Henu

I bought the unused licence from a forum member two weeks ago and everything went very smoothly. However, while registering it, it turned out that I had actually paid 216 € for Play 6 software (retail price $ 29). Lucky for me, the seller was as puzzled as I was and contacted the shop who sold it to him. The shop promised to get back to him, but it's been rather silent since.
It's now been three weeks since I paid for this mistake. The seller (who is yet unnamed a semi-active forum member) hasn't been online since nov. 20 and the shop mentioned (namely JRR) doesn't get back to me despite of my contact requests. I cannot even call the shop due to the fact that none of the phone numbers seem to work. Any idea what should I do before I start fantasizing about violence?

EDIT: The seller had certain personal issues which kept him offline for some time, and contacted me today providing the new and working code JRR had given him. So all is fine now. :)

Last edited:

MartinH.

It's now been three weeks since I paid for this mistake. The seller (who is yet unnamed a semi-active forum member) hasn't been online since nov. 20 and the shop mentioned (namely JRR) doesn't get back to me despite of my contact requests. I cannot even call the shop due to the fact that none of the phone numbers seem to work. Any idea what should I do before I start fantasizing about violence?
Shouldn't @jrrshop be able to confirm / deliver proof of whether or not they sold that exact serial to that person, and if they did, it's their fault, and if they didn't, you've been scammed? I'm sure they wouldn't want to be complicit in someone scamming vi:c members by buying play engine licenses and selling them fraudulently as spaces licenses.

axb312

Try contacting Eric over on KVR. He's usually pretty helpful. Although I'm not sure what he can do. If it was an unused license, shouldn't the seller just give you a code to put into the EW Installation center (that's how I bought a Play 6 license on KVR)?

If you bought through Paypal you should have buyer protection and be ok.

Link to JRR/ Eric's profile on KVR:
https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=92

LowweeK

Loïc D
Not so much for me :
Waverunner Vibraphone/Cello/Trumpet (30 GBP)
Soundtoys 5 suite (update was 99 USD)
Softube Tape (39 USD)
Loopmaster Traditional Brazilian loop package (8.5 EUR)

Mostly financed by selling gear.

I’m saving for SCS and maybe Infinite Brass.

Zoot_Rollo

Throbbing Member
Just added

Damage

Gravity

Ensemble Metals

Natural Forces

Just under the sales wire.

Great deal at 50% off plus an additional 10%.

Love my HOs.

Now i'm done.

;)

bonebones

I've only tried Scaler briefly, but I had issues with it triggering another instrument and it annoyed me a bit that I couldn't lock it to a scale, so whenever I auditioned another 'song' I would have to change it back to the scale I was working in.
Pluginboutique have a few Scaler videos on YouTube in case you haven't seen them.
It can lock to scale, bind your chords and select scale lock (true scale or to white notes) and assign to external instruments!

R. Soul

It can lock to scale, bind your chords and select scale lock (true scale or to white notes) and assign to external instruments!
Am I doing this wrong then... For example, I hit 'detect' - 'start', play a C major and it detects that scale. Then I press 'lock to scale'. Presumably, now all songs should lock to C major scale, right?
However, I pick 'EDM 1' and Eb, Bb and Ab major are all present.
If I pick 'Acid jazz' I see G# minor 11 amongst other things, which are not C major at all. :confused:

redlester

The UAD sale has been extended until December 31st, so I will probably use the offer of four for £299 after December pay day! Still hoping they have a sale on Satellite units in the new year.

elpedro

Am I doing this wrong then... For example, I hit 'detect' - 'start', play a C major and it detects that scale. Then I press 'lock to scale'. Presumably, now all songs should lock to C major scale, right?
However, I pick 'EDM 1' and Eb, Bb and Ab major are all present.
If I pick 'Acid jazz' I see G# minor 11 amongst other things, which are not C major at all. :confused:
Lock to scale refers to the virtual keyboard. Here’s a walkthrough to watch.

joyneski

Metric Halo's Dirty Delay and ChannelStrip 3 - using both very extensively.
Polyverse Gatekeeper - ditto.
Mike Verta's Composition 1 - a total indulgence as I have neither the time, equipment or talent to compose film music, but the basic principles he teaches are useful/encouraging.
Rast Sound Kemane String - not used yet but pretty sure I will soon. Love its tone.
Audiority Pre X7 + iZotope Neutron Elements - haven't yet looked at either of them.

Still spent more than I meant to (money's a bit tight atm), but overall I think these are the most useful VSTs I've picked up for a while.

Top Bottom