What's new

Beyond the orchestra - 73% off!

So, from what i got from other people/reviews up until now is:

The Percussion is great and could be its own library
The Brass really shines in this
The woodwinds is a highlight
The strings sound lovely

And now the organ is worth the price alone? People also says that it has its ups and downs, but it seems like every section has something great to offer. I would love to hear some opinions from people though, as i am very interested in this by now.
Yeah, I think the organ is great. I've yet to hear one that sounds so huge.

The rest if the library is is definitely good, and definitely chamber sounding. Not every patch/instrument is a winner (some are too noisy to use), but there are so many instruments in this library that you're bound to find something you like.

I also like that the samples are dry, which gives you quite a bit of flexibility.

Be sure to check out the different walktrhough videos. They are a great representation of how the library sounds.

I've been low-key wanting VSCO 2 Pro for a while now; I would have jumped on the $99 deal for that library alone. Add in the Psaltery and Strumstick (both of which I've also been interested in) as well as the brand new Gayageum, and this was an instant buy for me. I downloaded it all last night, and very much look forward to playing with it over the coming days.

Thanks for posting the deal, and thanks to everyone that provided feedback about the library!

I checked out all the walk-throughs... Looks like this may work well with my other libraries! I think the Percussion and Section Instruments will get a fair amount of use. The Euphonium I & II also sound promising... I was looking for something that would be useable for Wind Ensemble and Marching Band Mock-ups... Yay!

Purchased & Downloading now...

After experimenting with the stomach flu, sorry I forgot to sample the sounds, I started messing more with this. The thing that I think will either really interest you or turn you off is the variety and eclectic nature of the instruments. When I peck out a melody and then use my chord flow chart to make some officially approved harmony, I tend to pick a very nice 'generic' lead instrument and the 'generic' appropriate backup instruments and create the piece that sounds like regular instruments playing the piece (OK so sampled, poorly mixed instruments cause of my limited skillz). These sound distinct. They are unique. Some have one mic position, some have many, some have basic articulations, some have exotic and effects ones. Even the sustains sound different. So this is kind of anti-homogeneous. It makes me want to try my little 49 keyboard and make melodies on different instruments and try different articulations just to see how different the third tenor trombone sounds from the second tenor trombone.

After experimenting with the stomach flu, sorry I forgot to sample the sounds, I started messing more with this. The thing that I think will either really interest you or turn you off is the variety and eclectic nature of the instruments. When I peck out a melody and then use my chord flow chart to make some officially approved harmony, I tend to pick a very nice 'generic' lead instrument and the 'generic' appropriate backup instruments and create the piece that sounds like regular instruments playing the piece (OK so sampled, poorly mixed instruments cause of my limited skillz). These sound distinct. They are unique. Some have one mic position, some have many, some have basic articulations, some have exotic and effects ones. Even the sustains sound different. So this is kind of anti-homogeneous. It makes me want to try my little 49 keyboard and make melodies on different instruments and try different articulations just to see how different the third tenor trombone sounds from the second tenor trombone.
I tend to agree with you. This is a unique library, distinct from the regular standard orchestral libraries. It complements well any other one.

Top Bottom