Beware intransparency of the Spitfire Wish List Sale

Discussion in 'Drama Zone' started by FriFlo, May 9, 2019.

1. lucianogiacomozzi

lucianogiacomozzi Active Member

May 26, 2013
    London
    No idea, not that it matters to me anyway as I've bought my share, but maybe that lower price was the glitch!!!

2. Mike Greene

Mike Greene Administrator

After this post from Ben, most of us would assume the next post from FriFlo would be something along the lines of, "Okay, so I contacted Ben and here's what happened ..."

Instead, we got this:

It's one thing to start a thread that will obviously create drama. (If anyone doesn't see why it's obvious that a thread like this would cause drama, then you really shouldn't be starting threads. Seriously, it's not my job to teach people social skills and self-awareness. That takes too much of my time. Banning is much more efficient.)

Anyway, once that thread is started, when there is the possibility of ending the drama, it is up to the OP to IMMEDIATELY take appropriate steps to solve the issue, not engage everyone else in silly side drama about their emotions or laziness.

Damn, I can't believe I have to actually say that.

This thread belongs in the Drama Zone. Or deleted entirely.

3. ProfoundSilence

ProfoundSilence Active Member

Dec 10, 2018
    It's incredible how sales completely warp people's sense of value...

4. chocobitz825

chocobitz825 Senior Member

Aug 7, 2018
    lol isn't that almost precisely the purpose of a sale?

5. chillbot

chillbot Sock Muppet

Feb 6, 2014
    La Canada Flintridge, CA
    What I think would be fun, @Mike Greene, is next time you are going to ban someone don't ban them from the entire site, just block them from every forum EXCEPT the "drama zone". It could be like purgatory for a bunch of riff-raff posters with no internet/social skills. So much drama! Plus think of how some posters wind up [unintentionally] spending most of their time here anyway. I'll volunteer to go first if you need a test run!

creativeforge, chimuelo and reid like this.
  6. ProfoundSilence

Dec 10, 2018
    no, it's supposed to make the consumer think they are getting a bargain.

Instead - people seem to automatically adjust the baseline to whatever the lowest sale price was - and it's not worth a penny more, to the point that they'll kick and scream for the last few % even if it's negligible in the end.

7. ProfoundSilence

Dec 10, 2018
    :rofl:

8. BlackDorito

BlackDorito Member

Oct 16, 2017
    It's well documented about human nature that if a product is $600 "retail" and a consumer gets it "on sale" for $300, they will feel pretty damn good. Then if they find out that someone else got it for $295, they will suddenly feel pretty damn terrible.

9. pderbidge

pderbidge Senior Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Utah
    Mike, does this mean you banned Friflo? If so, I disagree with that decision but it's your call and none of us are going to agree with every call you have to make and I can still respect your position, however I'd still like to point out a few things.

First- did FriFlo seem to jump to conclusions that Spitfire was somehow purposefully being nefarious in their actions? Yes he did and he should have had better judgement. Nevertheless, in his mind he did reach out to support first before posting and it was later realized that Spitfire support did miscalculate the numbers. Of course, any discount should be appreciated but there's nothing wrong with double checking.
    Second- Spitfire could have been a little more careful in some of their responses, though they weren't bad by any means, to ensure that FriFlo "felt" he was an appreciated customer for all he has spent with them in the past. I could give a couple of examples if you like.I know I'm sounding a little too PC here but as a salesman I'm very careful to make sure when I have upset customers that they know I care, even if they are currently not in their right mind due to their frustration.
    Third- there were many posters who were more than happy to post things like (and I'm paraphrasing) "Oh no, drama zone, here we go" and "Dude, you should be happy for any discount so stop your wining" but adding nothing of value to the situation, so why not reprimand those people as well? Even if the OP is having a bad day and a little jaded in their thinking it is still not cool to gang up on them. On the other hand I was pretty impressed with other posters who obviously disagreed with FriFlo's conclusions but still offered some good advice on how to move on from the frustration and managed to treat him respectfully in his obvious time of frustration. We need more of this kind of community spirit IMHO and I commend all those members who took the high ground.
    Fourth- Banning FriFlo just sends a message to the other mindless posts that they were justified in their ridicule (some of them were funny, but that's beside the point. At what expense?). Just my two cents. I don't really have a dog in this fight so I'm not sure why I'm taking the time to write this other than I'm procrastinating a big load of work I need to get caught up on but I also think another point of view "might" be useful.

PS- Now that I know there's a drama zone, I'm never going to get anything done. NOOOOOOO!

10. chillbot

chillbot Sock Muppet

Feb 6, 2014
    La Canada Flintridge, CA
    Hey! So I got no dog in this fight either, so we can be dogless together.

I would point out that FriFlo used the words "beware" and "low ethics" and "intransparency" (which isn't even a real f*$%ing word). All this, posted with some sense of entitlement for what he thought he was entitled to during a free and voluntary sale. All this, posted while Spitfire is getting a bit raked through the ashes in a number of other threads at the same time. (Have a bit of awareness, man.) All this, because he was a tiny bit annoyed about something that may or may not have been his own mistake or may or may not have been a website glitch about a product that he may or may not have even been considering purchasing, while it could have been easily handled via support or privately. This reeks of "hey I found a glitch in the system let me make sure everyone is made aware of how smart I am". For such a minor thing, resorting to calling out "low ethics" is really inane. Like honestly Spitfire is intentionally trying to screw you out of the sale that they are voluntarily offering you. OK sure.

So that's how I feel. But, you misinterpret my post if you think I was one of the ones deriding FriFlo. I was not responding in any way to his post, but responding solely to Spitfire to say "hey, if this guy doesn't like your sale, tell him to stuff it." That's what I would have done, anyway.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    Karma, thesteelydane and Tatu like this.
  11. Sean

Sean I don't know what I'm talking about

Apr 5, 2019
    Agreed that all the "to the drama zone," "here we go again," type posts were not helpful and if anything just making the situation worse. Obviously OP was not in a good mood, but saying things like this is not going to help anything. It will probably just aggravate him more. Comments like that just feel kind of snide.

pderbidge likes this.
  12. pderbidge

pderbidge Senior Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Utah
    Not trying to pick a fight with anyone Chillbot. In fact, I did chuckle a little when I read your post but the point is I doubt that FriFo laughed at it in his state of frustration. I understand that he "may or may not" have had ill intentions here but I just chose to give him the benefit of the doubt just as I would have chosen to give Spitfire the benefit of the doubt if I were FriFlo, although from his point of view he did that when he originally reached out to support. I'm just saying we should ask ourselves if our comments are in line with "Musicians helping Musicians" and if you felt that his post was ill intended then ignoring it and focusing on other posts where you can contribute would keep these posts from going to the drama zone. I feel I'm getting a little bit "holier than thou" here which is not my intent because I'm certainly no saint and don't always have a track record of making the most fruitful posts. In fact, humor like yours is usually very welcomed and that in and of itself can bring a lot to the table for those reading through these posts. In fact I think 100% of other posts I've read from you have all been useful or in good humor so you do bring a lot of value to the forum. Please don't read my comments as directed toward you but rather just my opinion of what we should aim for when commenting on others threads.

chillbot likes this.
  13. chocobitz825

chocobitz825 Senior Member

Aug 7, 2018
    Well...that was probably a less than satisfactory resolution....

For what it’s worth, I was not a fan of spitfire products at first, but these kind of sales got me into trying them out and I can finally understand the benefits of their products. Got chambers strings this time and I’m already throwing them into a project now.

14. gpax

gpax Senior Member

Oct 22, 2013
    I do not suffer from amnesia.

15. Daniel James

Daniel James Senior Member

Jan 9, 2008
    Well epic is my forte.

-DJ

Dominik Raab, ism and KallumS like this.
  16. KallumS

KallumS Active Member

Jul 26, 2018
    Camden, London
    Epic is your fortissimo!

17. OP
    OP
    FriFlo

FriFlo Senior Member

Jun 13, 2011
    There are so many presumptions again ... including you, Mike! I am already talking with SF support! But - guess what! - there simply is no solution, yet, as they did not find any Alternative Strings in my account. However, I have send them a copy of my order, so - again ... it is not my mistake ...
    The other thing is, you realize that Ben has edited his post before you quoted him ... before he wrote that I probably own solo strings instead of alternative ... he just corrected his assumption later.
    And now the thread is in the Drama Zone ... t be honest! It is where it belongs! But not due to my thread and intentions! Rather due to all of those self-righteous €&@“&s&ckers on Vi-Control, who still think a majority opinion must be right. I think I once more cured from further posting here ... wasn’t it for the fact that not ALL of the replies here were written by sheep ...

18. Strezov

Strezov Active Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Maybe calling fellow musicians "€&@“&s&ckers" and sheep is not the best way to get into a productive conversation...

19. OP
    OP
    FriFlo

FriFlo Senior Member

Jun 13, 2011
    You forgot self-righteous before €&@“&s&ckers. And self-righteous your are, too! Have I called anybody that before being attacked on all sorts of ways? Get the facts right, Strezov! After that matter, you may judge someone ...

20. Strezov

Strezov Active Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Internet is a different place than the "real world", so people are not able to get the sub-meaning of body language and thus judge you only by your words. Your initial post(s) was/were written in a very passive-aggressive way which is what "triggered" most of the people here - and then you just continued amplifying that language till the post above, which is making me sad about this community. I have been on the other side of the fence for quite some time and I can say that a) there are always tons of unique circumstances in each customer's case which can/may result in personal deals; and b) even though they declined you your right for a bigger discount (and your right for a personal deal), this wouldn't be a part of a massive conspiracy, more of a case of having either lots of orders, user accounts and website backends that might result in confusion in the employees or just a policy of the current sale. I am sure that with so many custom xgrade deals calculations would be off somewhere...

And even if myself, along with a lot of the people here, are self-righteous, has anyone in this thread called you a €&@“&s&cker?

creativeforge and chocobitz825 like this.