What's new

Beware intransparency of the Spitfire Wish List Sale

chocobitz825

If you own everything in a bundle except for one product, that product (when bought within a bundle) should absolutely be cheaper than if you buy it individually. I'm really sorry if this doesn't appear correctly for you and even sorrier if you contacted our support team and they told you that it was correct. Perhaps I'm missing something but the first sentence in my reply is absolute fact. Can you contact support again and ask for Ben? Thanks, Ben.
and all is right in the world again

Denkii

I can see why someone would be upset if they already tried to figure it out directly but nice happy end.

The sass though :rolleyes:

SpitfireSupport

Customer Experience
I've done a bit of sleuthing and assuming you are who I think you are Friflo, I think I know where the issue lies. Please contact support again and we'll resolve it. Ben

Last edited:
OP
FriFlo

FriFlo

One thing I've noticed, is that things cost money, and that it's either worth it or not. Then, when a company offers a discount, it's worth whatever they are asking for it at that point, or it's not. Then with that knowledge, I either buy it or I don't. Then usually after that decision, my life goes back to thinking about other things, usually within seconds. Sorry, but we ALL have it TOO good almost ALL of the time. I understand bringing a miscalculation to the attention of a company, but if they make it clear that it "is what it is", then refer back to the part where I think about something else within seconds.

No hard feelings but life is short and sample libraries aren't life. Move along.....
And that is exactly why I never said ...
a) I cannot live any longer with this injustice.
b) my life has no meaning after this sale.
So, I don’t know where you take the wisdom from I would take it as serious ...
Further, that things come at a price, if they have quality goes without saying! I am actually really happy with companies that do not do any sales (or hardly any). This seems to be an idea of the past by today, which I find regretable!
Apart from that, I find it insulting, if I see strategies like this one which are just a bit deceiving, obviously trying to make you think something, that is not quite the case ...
I do not know about you, but when I get the feeling someone wants to deceive me, I get the immediate reaction of not wanting to do business with that person (or company) any more. At the same time, I feel the urge of warning other people before they fall into the same trap. Maybe I a just strange and I should cheer and love all day for the miracles these companies bring to my keyboard ... maybe you are right and I am a sick bastard spreading hate over the internet ... or maybe not ... :)

Garry

I've done a bit of sleuthing and assuming you are who I think you are Friflo, it looks like you don't own Alternative Solo Strings (you do own Solo Strings, which is perhaps where the confusion lies). I hope that helps, please feel free to contact support again in any case. Ben
:shocked:

OP
FriFlo

FriFlo

I've done a bit of sleuthing and assuming you are who I think you are Friflo, it looks like you don't own Alternative Solo Strings (you do own Solo Strings, which is perhaps where the confusion lies). I hope that helps, please feel free to contact support again in any case. Ben
Nope, I was in chat with Jack today. I told him two times, that I own both alt strings and LCO. And he (after asking for my name and account email) clearly confirmed that I own both products (I can also see them in my SF download app, by the way) and repeatedly told me that the discounts applied are correct and as mentioned.

chocobitz825

And that is exactly why I never said ...
a) I cannot live any longer with this injustice.
b) my life has no meaning after this sale.
So, I don’t know where you take the wisdom from I would take it as serious ...
Further, that things come at a price, if they have quality goes without saying! I am actually really happy with companies that do not do any sales (or hardly any). This seems to be an idea of the past by today, which I find regretable!
Apart from that, I find it insulting, if I see strategies like this one which are just a bit deceiving, obviously trying to make you think something, that is not quite the case ...
I do not know about you, but when I get the feeling someone wants to deceive me, I get the immediate reaction of not wanting to do business with that person (or company) any more. At the same time, I feel the urge of warning other people before they fall into the same trap. Maybe I a just strange and I should cheer and love all day for the miracles these companies bring to my keyboard ... maybe you are right and I am a sick bastard spreading hate over the internet ... or maybe not ... :)
But you're implying deceit without telling us if you ever gave the vender the chance to resolve a possible mistake. Error is not deceit. Policy is also not deceit. We cant really judge this either way because you've only provided your opinion, not fact. So your attempt to "warn others" is deceitful if you haven't gone through all the steps to confirm and resolve the issue with the vender.

SpitfireSupport

Customer Experience
Nope, I was in chat with Jack today. I told him two times, that I own both alt strings and LCO. And he (after asking for my name and account email) clearly confirmed that I own both products (I can also see them in my SF download app, by the way) and repeatedly told me that the discounts applied are correct and as mentioned.
Ok, no problem. As I said, please contact support again and we'll sort it out. I've now appraised the whole support team about your situation because I myself will be leaving the office in about an hour.

OP
FriFlo

FriFlo

But you're implying deceit without telling us if you ever gave the vender the chance to resolve a possible mistake. Error is not deceit. Policy is also not deceit. We cant really judge this either way because you've only provided your opinion, not fact. So your attempt to "warn others" is deceitful if you haven't gone through all the steps to confirm and resolve the issue with the vender.
Chocobitz, you have to read what I already wrote ... I contacted support and explicitly mentioned everything as I did hear. I was told there is no mistake and that they will consider my criticism ... Chance given, I’d say ...

chocobitz825

Chocobitz, you have to read what I already wrote ... I contacted support and explicitly mentioned everything as I did hear. I was told there is no mistake and that they will consider my criticism ... Chance given, I’d say ...
well they've offered more support so i hope you find a satisfying resolution.

Sean

I don't know what I'm talking about
I hope this isn't adding fuel to the fire but just my take for whatever its worth:

If everything FriFlo says is true (which I'm not doubting), then he has every right to be upset. Even if there is some user error on his end, can we really blame him? As a web developer my opinion is the Spitfire website, while looking pretty, is not the most UI/UX friendly website I've used and I've had some issues navigating and using it myself. It's also not outside the realm of possibility that there is some technical error on Spitfire's website. I doubt they are intentionally, maliciously raising the bundle price but after the whole way they handled the Loegria thing so nontransparently who knows.

I will also say I don't think Spitfire Support's response was the best way to handle it, basically saying "we tried digging to figure out who you are, and we don't think you're telling the truth." If you really thought maybe they owned SoloStrings instead of Alt Solo, then address this in a private channel. Regardless of how a customer is conducting themselves, this is not an appropriate response in my opinion. Unless you know 100% this person is lying, it's just not acceptable to address a customer in this fashion.

I'm not trying to shift blame on any one party, I think both could've been better in this scenario. I will say I would hold the Spitfire support to a much higher standard than a random person on the internet though.

jtnyc

Similarly I can update my "Starter" bundle (as I owned everything before they updated the new Solo Strings) for £257.41 but Solo Strings alone are now £131...?
Are you saying that Solo Strings as an individual product in you wishlist is 131 pounds? That seems very cheap. I’m in the States and here it’s $239

SpitfireSupport

Customer Experience
I will also say I don't think Spitfire Support's response was the best way to handle it, basically saying "we tried digging to figure out who you are, and we don't think you're telling the truth." If you really thought maybe they owned SoloStrings instead of Alt Solo, then address this in a private channel. Regardless of how a customer is conducting themselves, this is not an appropriate response in my opinion. Unless you know 100% this person is lying, it's just not acceptable to address a customer in this fashion.
I understand. I have edited my previous post. We made a mistake in the chat with Friflo and for that I apologise. @FriFlo please contact support and we'll resolve the problem.

Sean

I don't know what I'm talking about
I understand. I have edited my previous post. We made a mistake in the chat with Friflo and for that I apologise. @FriFlo please contact support and we'll resolve the problem.
Thank you for the response and acknowledging it, everyone makes mistakes, support staff are human as well :)

Top Bottom