Beware intransparency of the Spitfire Wish List Sale

Discussion in 'Drama Zone' started by FriFlo, May 9, 2019.

1. chocobitz825

chocobitz825 Active Member

Aug 7, 2018
    and all is right in the world again

whiskers likes this.
  2. Denkii

Denkii Member

Mar 15, 2019
    I can see why someone would be upset if they already tried to figure it out directly but nice happy end.

The sass though :rolleyes:

3. SpitfireSupport

SpitfireSupport Customer Experience

May 8, 2017
    I've done a bit of sleuthing and assuming you are who I think you are Friflo, I think I know where the issue lies. Please contact support again and we'll resolve it. Ben

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    Garry likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    FriFlo

FriFlo Senior Member

Jun 13, 2011
    And that is exactly why I never said ...
    a) I cannot live any longer with this injustice.
    b) my life has no meaning after this sale.
    So, I don’t know where you take the wisdom from I would take it as serious ...
    Further, that things come at a price, if they have quality goes without saying! I am actually really happy with companies that do not do any sales (or hardly any). This seems to be an idea of the past by today, which I find regretable!
    Apart from that, I find it insulting, if I see strategies like this one which are just a bit deceiving, obviously trying to make you think something, that is not quite the case ...
    I do not know about you, but when I get the feeling someone wants to deceive me, I get the immediate reaction of not wanting to do business with that person (or company) any more. At the same time, I feel the urge of warning other people before they fall into the same trap. Maybe I a just strange and I should cheer and love all day for the miracles these companies bring to my keyboard ... maybe you are right and I am a sick bastard spreading hate over the internet ... or maybe not ... :)

Diablo3 likes this.
  5. Garry

Garry Senior Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Switzerland
    :shocked:

6. OP
    OP
    FriFlo

FriFlo Senior Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Nope, I was in chat with Jack today. I told him two times, that I own both alt strings and LCO. And he (after asking for my name and account email) clearly confirmed that I own both products (I can also see them in my SF download app, by the way) and repeatedly told me that the discounts applied are correct and as mentioned.

7. chocobitz825

Aug 7, 2018
    But you're implying deceit without telling us if you ever gave the vender the chance to resolve a possible mistake. Error is not deceit. Policy is also not deceit. We cant really judge this either way because you've only provided your opinion, not fact. So your attempt to "warn others" is deceitful if you haven't gone through all the steps to confirm and resolve the issue with the vender.

8. OP
    OP
    FriFlo

FriFlo Senior Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Garry, you are clearly getting ahead of yourself! :) Look at my last reply ... I do have LCO and Alt. Strings (as well as solo Strings).

9. Denkii

Denkii Member

Mar 15, 2019
  10. SpitfireSupport

May 8, 2017
    Ok, no problem. As I said, please contact support again and we'll sort it out. I've now appraised the whole support team about your situation because I myself will be leaving the office in about an hour.

Polkasound likes this.
  11. OP
    OP
    FriFlo

FriFlo Senior Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Chocobitz, you have to read what I already wrote ... I contacted support and explicitly mentioned everything as I did hear. I was told there is no mistake and that they will consider my criticism ... Chance given, I’d say ...

12. chocobitz825

Aug 7, 2018
    well they've offered more support so i hope you find a satisfying resolution.

13. ag75

ag75 Active Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Nantucket
    God this forum is such a snake pit sometimes.

14. reid

reid Member

Jan 7, 2007
    :rofl:

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not chocobitz, but you made me giggle like a fool with this one

15. Sean

Sean I don't know what I'm talking about

Apr 5, 2019
    I hope this isn't adding fuel to the fire but just my take for whatever its worth:

If everything FriFlo says is true (which I'm not doubting), then he has every right to be upset. Even if there is some user error on his end, can we really blame him? As a web developer my opinion is the Spitfire website, while looking pretty, is not the most UI/UX friendly website I've used and I've had some issues navigating and using it myself. It's also not outside the realm of possibility that there is some technical error on Spitfire's website. I doubt they are intentionally, maliciously raising the bundle price but after the whole way they handled the Loegria thing so nontransparently who knows.

I will also say I don't think Spitfire Support's response was the best way to handle it, basically saying "we tried digging to figure out who you are, and we don't think you're telling the truth." If you really thought maybe they owned SoloStrings instead of Alt Solo, then address this in a private channel. Regardless of how a customer is conducting themselves, this is not an appropriate response in my opinion. Unless you know 100% this person is lying, it's just not acceptable to address a customer in this fashion.

I'm not trying to shift blame on any one party, I think both could've been better in this scenario. I will say I would hold the Spitfire support to a much higher standard than a random person on the internet though.

Dominik Raab, Diablo3 and FriFlo like this.
  16. jtnyc

jtnyc Senior Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Are you saying that Solo Strings as an individual product in you wishlist is 131 pounds? That seems very cheap. I’m in the States and here it’s $239

17. SpitfireSupport

May 8, 2017
    I understand. I have edited my previous post. We made a mistake in the chat with Friflo and for that I apologise. @FriFlo please contact support and we'll resolve the problem.

Gaffable likes this.
  18. Sean

Sean I don't know what I'm talking about

Apr 5, 2019
    Thank you for the response and acknowledging it, everyone makes mistakes, support staff are human as well :)

19. chillbot

chillbot Sock Muppet

Feb 6, 2014
    La Canada Flintridge, CA
    @SpitfireSupport you are so nice. I think it would be funnier if you said "oh you don't like our discounts? no problem! no discount for you!"

20. SpitfireSupport

May 8, 2017
    Thanks, I think you're nice too x

whiskers and chillbot like this.