What's new

Between Worlds - Taking Strezov's Arva for a test drive

SymphonicSamples

Matt C Stevan
Hey, I haven't posted any music on VI for some time and thought I'd share this track. I recently took Strezov's Arva for a test drive after putting it into my template, really loving the sections / divisi. I thought I'd see what different musical settings it was capable of when used on it's own for all choir parts. As always any thoughts much appreciated.

Looking forward to hearing the solo voices soon hopefully :)

Last edited:
I listened to it as a listener (with my morning coffee) and that was a very fine moment to be honest. I enjoyed it and didn't actually listen carefully about the production or any feedback on that. I heard a very beautiful (and emotional) piece and it took me. Well done Matt.

It was good to hear Arva in this context. Thanks for sharing
Thank you Rod, Arva's rather diverse and allows for placing it in far more musical context than the standard Children Choir writing. You can get some great textural effect from it which I haven't been able to do in the past.

I listened to it as a listener (with my morning coffee) and that was a very fine moment to be honest. I enjoyed it and didn't actually listen carefully about the production or any feedback on that. I heard a very beautiful (and emotional) piece and it took me. Well done Matt.

Cheers Jaap, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, much appreciated. I trust it was an enjoyable morning coffee :)

I'm so glad you posted this Matt, I remember the first time I heard it being really blown away, especially the first 60 seconds which is in my opinion a genuine musical statement of originality and splendid colour.

Hey Zac, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and comment, much appreciated. It was one of those pieces I enjoyed writing and exploring the library as it progressed. I listened to some of your tracks recently, absolutely stellar sounding production quality Zac :)

Hey Matt,
As usual, you impress me every time with your devotion for music. I really love the strings. They have such a lush sound in completion with the choir. And your switches are bloody brilliant! I left you a comment on SC as well. Well done, Maestro!

Hey Matt,
As usual, you impress me every time with your devotion for music. I really love the strings. They have such a lush sound in completion with the choir. And your switches are bloody brilliant! I left you a comment on SC as well. Well done, Maestro!
Cheers Allen much appreciated, Arva can certainly sound lush indeed or amazingly powerful as well.

Hi Matt,
Definitely impressive orchestral writing, which also adds realism and musicality out of samples. Congrats !
Hey foxby, thank you !! Yeah very true, good orchestration can bring the best out of samples, and on the contrary the worst as well :) , which is much the same for real players.

Top Bottom