What's new

Best Small / Medium size Brass Ensemble Libraries

I don't know if you remember Big Bob on this forum (RIP), but he was a master Kontakt programmer who either created or had a hand in the creation of a series of scripts designed to give life to older instruments. He created some scripted legato that sounds excellent on the legacy VSL brass. Can it compete with other libraries? Not really. But you could make it work if you tried.

Search the forum for SIPS and WIPS. You'll find more info.
Awesome, thanks. And I am not sure i remember Big Bob, but sad to know he's passed.

Apparently you don't need any RAM or OS for that one.

Why are so many of these web sites lacking in a wide variety of ways?

Thanks for the info. Doc!

I've just purchased Concert Brass 2. I liked the sounds in the demo's, and the price comes out at £38 for those in the UK. I'm hoping (sort of) the purchase will help ward off GAS rather than be a gateway drug!

BTW the download comes as 30 rar files!

It’s a Kontakt instrument. It runs in any DAW on any OS.
1 - Believe it or not, not everyone lives and breathes Kontakt 24/7. No company should assume everyone visiting the site knows that.
2 - I don't see a Linux version; so much for any OS.
3 - You still didn't address the RAM thing.

Do you work for them? You seem to have the same approach to providing information (or not).

But hey…. you’re right. Sorry I tried to help you. I won’t do that again.
? I dared to point out that what you said didn't address my issue w/their site, so that's a good reason to get into a snit and stomp away? Whatever. I'll try to get over not getting your "help" any more.​

Thanks for the info. Doc!

I've just purchased Concert Brass 2. I liked the sounds in the demo's, and the price comes out at £38 for those in the UK. I'm hoping (sort of) the purchase will help ward off GAS rather than be a gateway drug!

BTW the download comes as 30 rar files!
How are you finding concert brass 2? I'm only starting to play around with orchestral stuff and don't want to spend big. For 50 quid this seems like great value, I have kontakt 5 so guess I it'll keep working on that.

Top Bottom