What's new

Best Granular VSTs?

I still miss audioease's Riverrun.
That one was dead simple to use and sounded great.
Can't believe they didn't upgrade it and left it to die.

Hm. I'm specifically looking for a Granular sampling tool that can crossfade its granules. Google directs me to MaxForLive which I currently can't use.

Anyone know about something that isn't MaxForLive?

Hm. I'm specifically looking for a Granular sampling tool that can crossfade its granules. Google directs me to MaxForLive which I currently can't use.

Anyone know about something that isn't MaxForLive?
What do you mean with crossfading grains?

Alright, so, in the tools I use, if you use larger grains stuff sounds pretty bad. I actually want to use large grains but have them cross-fade into each other.
Did you try Emergence ?

emergence_0_2_0.png

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/emergence-by-daniel-gergely

SILO is indeed one of UA’s finest
I noticed just now from other vi posts of yours you have a number of UA vsts.
And, I see that Devine is big on its SpecOps plugin.

I am curious to know if you landed on your UAs as a bundle, individual PA sales, or, or, or. In other words, what is the slickest purchase route you found for a gaggle of these UAs? I'm not in any rush, thus would be good to know if PA does wonker-bonker discounts on UA from time to time.

Last edited:
I noticed just now from other vi posts of yours you have a number of UA vsts.
And, I see that Devine is big on its SpecOps plugin.

I am curious to know if you landed on your UAs as a bundle, individual PA sales, or, or, or. In other words, what is the slickest purchase route you found for a gaggle of these UAs? I'm not in any rush, thus would be good to know if PA does wonker-bonker discounts on UA from time to time.
Apparently (The good doctor mentioned this in another thread) Plugin Alliance likes giving out vouchers which you can use on top of sales prices. So that's what I'm now waiting for.

Apparently (The good doctor mentioned this in another thread) Plugin Alliance likes giving out vouchers which you can use on top of sales prices. So that's what I'm now waiting for.
Correct. I have been able to grab all of UA’s stuff. Some of the cheaper ones were really cheap (literally a few bucks) on KVR and I was able to pay the transfer fees with a free voucher. So Sandman Pro, Dent, Indent, G8 - which are all great.

Then I decided I wanted the BYOME effect, and got that on a $39.99 sale (“weekend warrior”) with a 25 voucher. Hearing its awesomeness I wanted LION which basically is a highly modular digital sounding synth with unique oscillators and BYOME as built in fx. And from there onwards, I got Bass-Mint, TRIAD (multi band BYOME), and the rest. All of which are great. There’s a reason why true sound design guru’s like @Empty Vessel made presets for BYOME and LION. And why Richard Devine talks about their stuff ;)

I’ve never seen them bundled. Again, Buy/Sell fora, KnobCloud and sales (which are frequent) and some patience is all one needs. I usually wait for the price to drop to $39.99 and use a $25 voucher (which they start sending on a monthly basis once you’re a regular spender hehe).

Last edited:
I don’t know if this helps. I am probably misunderstanding you but this is a cool tool anyways. It allows you to import 4 of your own samples and crossfade via joystick through all four that are being played back in a granular engine. Very underrated if you ask me.

After picking up Omnisphere, I thought its granular engine was kind of boring and dumb until I realized that you can modulate every parameter...don't be like me! Seems like if you put the time in it's the most full featured granular synth I've tried so far.

What do you mean with crossfading grains?
I think he means the attack and release phase of each grain (not the AMP env) to make smoother sustain transitions while scrolling through the sample, It's why I use the Mangle for this type of thing..don't know anything else that has those parameters.

Cheers.

I got Pigments over Christmas, I must say it's easily the best granular engine I've ever tried, so easy to get great results, yeah the cpu can get wild at times, but for what it gives back...man its amazing! - Between Absynth, Mangle, Pigments and Paul stretch---Definitely don't need anything else!

Cheers.

Well it IS tiny!
bass player fingers for scale...

So far so good, very intuitive
Next will load up SD card with my own sounds...

Would be nifty if this exact same device (with touchscreen, 2 knobs, 4 buttons) could be switched to 'controller mode' to remote control any plugin!

Nanobox_IMG_6357.jpg

Well it IS tiny!
bass player fingers for scale...

So far so good, very intuitive
Next will load up SD card with my own sounds...

Would be nifty if this exact same device (with touchscreen, 2 knobs, 4 buttons) could be switched to 'controller mode' to remote control any plugin!

Nanobox_IMG_6357.jpg
... I honestly wish it was larger XD.

Top Bottom