What's new

Best Electric Guitar Vst for 100 dollar or lower?

OP
Lionel Schmitt

Lionel Schmitt

aka DarkestShadow
True, and I'm a pianist and can't find any realistic sampled pianos. So I guess it's about what's in our blood and what we just know.
Haha, for me almost every sampled piano sounds realistic. :D
Piano : Keyboard
Midi-Keyboard : Keyboard

While there is no totally convincing orchestral library I know. I guess we all have different sensitivities for instruments.

OP
Lionel Schmitt

Lionel Schmitt

aka DarkestShadow
Back on topic for a minute:...
(didnt leave the whole text, obviously :P )
Yea, this more expressive and virtuous guitar lines sure gonna be difficult to do realistically. I can't read notes (and dont plan to learn it) so I'd have to listen to real guitar performances and then see how I best bring that to the keyboard.
But generally my approach to vst's is getting them to sound right for what I'm working on, not necessarily realistic. Of course they mostly sound best when they sound close to the real thing, but if something wouldn't be done or wouldn't work in the real world but it sounds cool I go with it. Its never my first and foremost aim to be mimick the real thing - I stop at the point at which I'm happy with how it sounds in the project I'm working on. :) But of course real performances are a great guideline and inspiration.

Inductance

And no, I don't understand why someone would say "just learn to play the guitar".

Agreed. Another thing we have working against us is that we do need the proper equipment or software to get a good guitar sound. Some people getting started don't have that yet.

I am a guitar player with several guitars, amps, and VST amp sims. But sometimes setting everything up, doing re-takes, cleaning up the audio, etc., just becomes a pain. Sometimes it's much more inspiring to simply load a guitar sample library and get to creating.

chimuelo

Star Of Stage & Screen
Indigenous is a good start.
But as a former Guitarist turned synthman (Emerson, Tomita & Wakemans fault) you’ll want/need Orange Tree and Prominy.
I cover Acostic and Electric live all the time.
Not sure if Guitarists bringing both to perform exists anymore.
They’re lazy or guys like me give them good reason.

OP
Lionel Schmitt

Lionel Schmitt

aka DarkestShadow
Hmm...
Is the new NI guitar phrase based and loops.? Can you play single notes?
kinda hard to find info. They write it features a "playable guitar" but then they mostly bang on about their amazing phrases. I definately won't buy until I found clear info - no money left at the moment anyway. :P

OP
Lionel Schmitt

Lionel Schmitt

aka DarkestShadow

MillsMixx

Production Director/Sound Designer
Well, this might well be loops unfortunately. Gonna have to check that.

Yeah it pretty much programs itself. More so for someone like me who doesn't play all that well. You can get these instruments to sound pretty good and sort of realistic but nothing like the real thing. A bit overly quantized sound at times. Nothing like the true character of a real guitar.

madfloyd

Yeah it pretty much programs itself. More so for someone like me who doesn't play all that well. You can get these instruments to sound pretty good and sort of realistic but nothing like the real thing. A bit overly quantized sound at times. Nothing like the true character of a real guitar.

You have this (i.e. you’ve tried it)?

MillsMixx

Production Director/Sound Designer
You have this (i.e. you’ve tried it)?
No but I have the other Native Instruments acoustic guitar from that series that has the same engine so it functions the same only as electric. I got to say I really like the acoustic one and for the price I think it's a great guitar. this one looks really good and sounds good in the demos.

Top Bottom