What's new

Best Deal on Acoustic Guitar for the Money (and non guitarist)?

gsilbers

Part of Pulsesetter-Sounds.com
Im trying to find a decent well rounded acoustic guitar. I havent bought or looked too much into acoustic guitars since forever.

Is there are specific brand or line of acoustic guitars thats like the "Warm Audio" of Acoustic guitars?
Good price that sounds like double/triple the price.

Just need something i know will sound fine and have the most common "acoustic guitar sound" just to lay a few chords that sound pro and move on. So not exacly a career level guitar if that makes sense.

We bought our Son a Yamaha FGX last Christmas. Nice playing guitar for a good price. His cousin Wyatt picked up a Martin for 750 that sounds excellent as well

We bought our Son a Yamaha FGX last Christmas. Nice playing guitar for a good price. His cousin Wyatt picked up a Martin for 750 that sounds excellent as well

thanks. The bigger brother of that Yamaha seems very cool.
It’s more ringy of a sound if that makes sense. Maybe since Yamaha is
More known for live sound it’s better for that. Filling more the room. Maybe it’s just me. The martin and fender seem more forward focused.

Hi,

have a look at Eastman guitars.
I hear nothin but good things about them especially regarding your comment about the price. Guitars that have rosewood back and sides are a bit more on the sparkly side of sound which might be good for recording stuff that needs to cut through a mix, mahogany back and sides tend to have a bit more warmer, slightly mid forward sound.

Ilja

What is your target budget?

im a bit relectant to go that route. I think that question worked a while back.

but now between china and easy credit. i could go up to $2000 if i knew im getting smething that sounds like $6k.
Or $800 if i knew it sounds like a 2K.
Like warm audio. with $600 you get soemthig that sounds extremely close to an orignal SSL valued at Like $4k
Or Gibson vs Epiphone. I tried sveral models and i just had no idea why to choose the $1k over the episphone. value has changed dramatically in the past decade in gear.
So im trying to find out whats the warm audio of acoustic electric guitars.

Anyways, 600-800 would be ideal. but if i hear a comparison of a 400 vs 800 and they sound good enough ill take the 400 of course.

Hi,

have a look at Eastman guitars.
I hear nothin but good things about them especially regarding your comment about the price. Guitars that have rosewood back and sides are a bit more on the sparkly side of sound which might be good for recording stuff that needs to cut through a mix, mahogany back and sides tend to have a bit more warmer, slightly mid forward sound.

Ilja

oh. and speaking of china. here we go. interesting.

Speaking of China, years ago I bought a Blueridge BR-160 to use as a "beach guitar", meaning one that I could afford to have damaged at music camp or a party. But it rapidly became the guitar I play all the time. It's hard to tell from the sound that it's not a Martin D-28, the classic guitar it's meant to emulate. The current list price today is $1,600.

I may have been lucky, though. I would expect variation from one sample to the next to be greater in "budget" brands than in high-end brands.

Yamaha and Seagull punch well above their weight and have a very varied selection of models and prices.

Tried and true brands too.

I would go that route.

Good luck. :D

HI....

Speaking of China, years ago I bought a Blueridge BR-160 to use as a "beach guitar", meaning one that
I could afford to have damaged at music camp or a party. But it rapidly became the guitar I play all the time. It's hard to tell from the sound that it's not a Martin D-28, the classic guitar it's meant to emulate. The current list bpm counter price today is $1,600.

I may have been lucky, though. I would expect variation from one sample to the next to be greater in "budget" brands than in high-end brands.

I’ve owned a dozen or so intermediate to high-end acoustics over the years and the two that really stood out to me in terms of price/playability/sound were Eastman and Epiphone Masterbilt. I always think about how amazing the Masterbilt sounded when recorded. Mine was “the one that got away.”

The Yamaha red label guitars are very nice. So are Seagull (by Godin), and honestly those can be some of my favorite guitars out there. It would be worth going to a store that carries a few and try them out until you find one you enjoy playing.

Top Bottom