What's new

Bernard Herrmann Composer's Toolkist at 30% off

It was on my wish list as well, but ended up only getting the Symphonic Woodwinds. BHTK definitely seems like a really unique and awesome library tho. Glad you're enjoying it!

Oh man it was on my wish list too and I got that extended it until today...well now there’s a 30% off and then I have another 40% off on top of that so it’s really really cheap but I don’t think I really need itor would you still do much but this is the true gas situation

Oh man it was on my wish list too and I got that extended it until today...well now there’s a 30% off and then I have another 40% off on top of that so it’s really really cheap but I don’t think I really need itor would you still do much but this is the true gas situation
you lucky bastard ;)

I don't think you can combine discounts in this case...

On the contrary, code worked on top of January price, but i don’t think I would have used it much so passed.

That seems a bit strange, combining 2 discounts like that. I was looking at this library for ages trying to decide on it with the 40% off from the Christmas wish list offer. Then I tried again late on New Years Day and the discount code has expired.

How did you manage to get yours extended?

70% off seems amazing and would be a no brainer for me. Not saying you are wrong here, but I wonder if it was a hiccup their end?

I have had this library for a while. I really love the sound of it, and how it makes you re-think how you usually orchestrate. But it also hardly ever finds it's way into my work, mostly because of the way instruments are grouped. (makes it less flexible)
I reckon if you plan to use this as a tool for making sketches and breaking out of your comfort zone, it's great. But probably don't measure the validity of your purchase by how often it ends up in a project.

That seems a bit strange, combining 2 discounts like that. I was looking at this library for ages trying to decide on it with the 40% off from the Christmas wish list offer. Then I tried again late on New Years Day and the discount code has expired.

How did you manage to get yours extended?

70% off seems amazing and would be a no brainer for me. Not saying you are wrong here, but I wonder if it was a hiccup their end?

Well, not really 70%, they have 30% and then another 40% on the discounted price, so it's 58%. They messed up and initially didn't give me any wish list codes, so I had to contact support and they sent them a couple of days later and was nice and then also extended it a couple of days. Might have been a hiccup, the 30% they have now is not a sale with code, so if you put that in your cart you can still enter a code. I did and it worked, just didn't push the purchase button.

I agree that prob this wasn't the intended use, and after posting here it seems like the codes stopped working one day earlier than stated. They're lurking around...

I have had this library for a while. I really love the sound of it, and how it makes you re-think how you usually orchestrate. But it also hardly ever finds it's way into my work, mostly because of the way instruments are grouped. (makes it less flexible)
I reckon if you plan to use this as a tool for making sketches and breaking out of your comfort zone, it's great. But probably don't measure the validity of your purchase by how often it ends up in a project.

Yea, my feelings about this library too, without owning it. Fun but I already have too much to dive into (got Ark 1&2 during the sale, and now just got CSB), so getting it would lower my productivity...

Don’t be scared off by the combination patches, there is a lot in this library that stands on its own or you can blend yourself. It’s a great collection of dry spitfire stuff, and some of the Extended Technique content is just amazing. Many of the combination patches can also be pushed stronger to either side of the combination using the mic mixes, celeste and harp for example.

It is a good library. Loads of great content, and it sounds great.

But I find the same as @Tice, it tends not to get much use from me. Except for the horns patch, which is great, and occassionally the chords patches.

There are some annoying selections of articulations & instrument mixes that detract from its usefulness. For example, just when you think, "oh, this is great, I'll use the shorts of this patch," you find they recorded mutes for the shorts instead, so the longs don't match the shorts. Grrrrr. So yes, I find the library idea is great, but in practice it is too limiting for normal use, even using the different mics. I don't think they sorted through the articulations well enough before recording.

Kinda disappointing after persuading myself that Wishlist BHCT would be more useful than SCS.
Still ~ $120. cheaper; more instruments than Strings, but maybe just another large, 'mid-range' lib to sort through. Oh well ………. :unsure:

Kinda disappointing after persuading myself that Wishlist BHCT would be more useful than SCS.
Still ~ $120. cheaper; more instruments than Strings, but maybe just another large, 'mid-range' lib to sort through. Oh well ………. :unsure:
I don’t think so. But mess around with it and compose some pieces using it.

don't take too much to heart of others. Dig in deep and find out for yourself! Everyone's different. Get in there and use it in a few tracks then see what you think.

don't take too much to heart of others. Dig in deep and find out for yourself! Everyone's different. Get in there and use it in a few tracks then see what you think.

Not negative or concerned in terms of value for $$$. Just facing reality … that SCS is one of best String libs out there, and talked myself out of it. BHCT will definitely help supplement other orchestral libs.
No question; plenty of time and effort ahead to work through BHCT massive content.

40% off through May. What are peoples experience with the library? Been on my list for a long time.

One of my favorite libraries of all time!

The strength of the BHCT is that many instruments were recorded together at the same time, more realism is almost impossible.

My favorites: Low Strings + Horns / Low Strings + Trombones

Last edited:
Top Bottom