What's new

Berlin Symphonic Harps - install just one?

omux

Hi all,

I'm looking at getting Orchestral Tools' Berlin Symphonic Harps as it seems absolutely unsurpassed in terms of realism and sound. However, as always, SSD space is at a premium and that whopping 79GB of samples is not insignificant!

Does anyone know if it's possible to just install one of the two included harps to save space? Or better still, install one on one drive and the other on another?

As soon as it is available on Sine,
you will be able to store only the microphones you need or a mix of any of them you prefer. However, SSD space should become less and less of a concern as time goes by … there are 4 TB drives you can get for around 300€. But an enclosure for some of them and you can easily have all of your libraries on SSDs.

It's a kontakt library so i imagine it would be fairly easy to install it all and then delete an instrument.

It's a kontakt library so i imagine it would be fairly easy to install it all and then delete an instrument.
Depends if the samples are mixed between the monolith files. Having to look through and figure out what goes where is probably not ideal.

Hi all,

I'm looking at getting Orchestral Tools' Berlin Symphonic Harps as it seems absolutely unsurpassed in terms of realism and sound. However, as always, SSD space is at a premium and that whopping 79GB of samples is not insignificant!

Does anyone know if it's possible to just install one of the two included harps to save space? Or better still, install one on one drive and the other on another?
But yeah as constaneum said that 79GB number is pre NCW compression so it will actually only take 40GB on your hard drive

Thanks for your responses!

My mistake - 40GB is a bit more stomachable. And of course I would like to have access to both harps if possible, I was just wondering how possible it would be to spread it across different drives... But I guess it's not exactly an ideal setup.

Overall SSD space is not all that limited, I was just thinking about having it in my laptop's internal SSD, which is a bit more of a pain to upgrade/replace. But at 40GB I can probably stop whining. :)

Everything has to be in the same folder for OT Symphonic Harps. Also, the folder is right at 43.5GB on my system.
Thanks - that's about as concise as it gets!

For an instrument this detailed I guess that's to be expected. CineHarps sits at a more manageable 12GB according to their website, but just hasn't impressed me as much, and I feel like I'd ultimately regret not going with the OT alternative, especially given they are the same price.

Top Bottom