Berlin Strings v Afflatus - Drama Spinoff

Discussion in 'Drama Zone' started by Simon Ravn, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Simon Ravn

Simon Ravn Senior Member

<<MODERATORS NOTE>> The first two posts in this thread (from Simon and Cory) also appear in the original thread here. (We "copied" them over to here.) Those are both fair posts, as are the posts after that (mostly, at least), however the drama got to be a little much, so the posts after that are not in the original thread and appear only in this new thread. (Those posts were "moved" to this thread.)

Cory is obiously biased towards Afflatus. He has put down a lot of competing libaries along the way, including CSS, and often being wrong about each libraries' strengths/weaknesses. And sugarcoating Afflatus quite a bit including comments like "Afflatus' stereo image is fine for all sections" in this very thread, despite obvious stereo imaging issues that I heard in pretty much all demos.

That is not very credible, knowing he is in bed with Strezov. Certainly people should keep that in mind when reading Cory's comments.

Have myself being close to pulling the trigger on Afflatus - each time too many things I heard just slapped my hand and stopped me from doing it. It would obviously be easier to take part in these talks if I owned the library, which again almost made me make the purchase. But then I tell myself why I shouldn't. As mentioned earlier, I will surely pick it up at a sale but at the current price I just think I'll regret it.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2018
  2. Cory Pelizzari

Cory Pelizzari (Solonoid Studio)

Nov 19, 2017
    Sydney, AU
    Claiming lies about me on this thread is spurious and disgusting. I have never put down CSS, and anyone with a brain who has seen my video on it knows this. Also, I don't even need to defend myself regarding my videos and my thoughts on Afflatus, as those who know better will know the truth. If you are in league with others on this site who hold a grudge against me and are attempting to hijack this thread the same way someone else did earlier, then you should be ashamed of yourself. End of discussion.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2018
  3. HBen

HBen Active Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Cory, we know what you are talking about with other libraries, and you have just focused on some of the facts out there. I have bought both of Berlin Main libraries and Afflatus this time, and I am going to use them a lot.

4. Cory Pelizzari

Nov 19, 2017
    Sydney, AU
    My thoughts on the library are true and not coloured in any way, as I am not the only one who feels the way I do about the library. What I would like to point out though, is that people generally will argue in circles just to de-credit another person's opinion - they get the library for free, and people will say "they got it for free so they aren't seeing the faults" - they pay for the library, and people will say "they're just trying to justify their purchase". This has happened to me on both occasions with Con Moto and now Afflatus. Anyone who is subbed to my channel will know that libraries I've both been given and have bought are not immune to any opinions I have about flaws, such as Mile McPherson Drums, Steven Slate Drums 5, United Strings Of Europe, Hollywood Choirs and others.

I'm not even the subject of this thread, so I find it strange the thread would suddenly go off topic in that way. I'm done with me as a subject so I'll only be posting about the OP's subject from now on.

Mike Fox and chocobitz825 like this.
  5. Cory Pelizzari

Nov 19, 2017
    Sydney, AU
    Not quite sure what that means...

6. HBen

HBen Active Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Yes, Cory, that's good, let's not derail the thread. People have opinions, and they surely feel free to keep it. So, not a big deal at all to me. I bought both, and I am happy. Much better than my experience with Synchron Strings 1.

Cory Pelizzari likes this.
  7. HBen

HBen Active Member

Apr 1, 2018
    What I means is please keep posting your reviews on your Youtube channel, and we have our ears and brains to make final decision. :2thumbs:

8. OP
    OP
    Simon Ravn

Simon Ravn Senior Member

I am not in any "league with others". The comment regarding CSS that I mostly thought was not true at all was this, from another thread where a user asked about different aspects of CSS vs Afflatus: "Playability - CS takes a lot of practice, whereas Afflatus is user friendly and has time saving polyphonic legato and divisi switching." I think CSS is very easy to use out of the box. I always considered CSS (and also CSSS) the most easily playable and consistently programmed string library. Which is why I don't understand your comment.

Also consider that in pretty much all of Afflatus' demos, the legato suffer from the "suction effect", whereas CSS performs very well legato wise. You just tend to bring forward the positives of Afflatus and ignore the negatives...

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  9. Cory Pelizzari

Nov 19, 2017
    Sydney, AU
    Seriously, CSS takes practise, and even Alex Wallbank says it in his video. This is ridiculous making such a big deal over such a general sentence. I'll no longer be replying to your comments because you're only here to cause trouble from the looks of things. Have all the last says you want, go nuts.

10. Cory Pelizzari

Nov 19, 2017
    Sydney, AU
    Apologies to the OP for any drama or detours that have unfolded on this thread. I seem to be a hot topic for very specific people of late.

Mike Fox likes this.
  11. MaxOctane

MaxOctane Active Member

Mar 23, 2017
    Time to post another Koala picture!

12. Cory Pelizzari

Nov 19, 2017
    Sydney, AU
    Dated and old sounding because it's from another country. Wow. Just, wow man.

13. OP
    OP
    Simon Ravn

Simon Ravn Senior Member

Keep on twisting the conclusions - seems to work great for you.

14. HelixK

HelixK Active Member

Nov 10, 2018
    :confused:

:whistling:

15. chocobitz825

chocobitz825 Active Member

Aug 7, 2018
  16. Cory Pelizzari

Nov 19, 2017
    Sydney, AU
    I'd like us to be done, but it seems there are a couple of people here who just won't let go and keep picking on my posts and claiming that I'm lying. I think it's disgusting behaviour.

17. Cory Pelizzari

Nov 19, 2017
    Sydney, AU
    I own Intimate Strings by Embertone. Whenever I hear "Intimate Strings", that's what I think of. Sorry.

18. Cory Pelizzari

Nov 19, 2017
    Sydney, AU
    Your words, your responsibility. You may want to think about that next time you tell someone that their country makes dated sounding recordings.

19. HelixK

HelixK Active Member

Nov 10, 2018
    Dude, we're talking about sample libraries, stop calling people "disgusting" because you do not agree with them. Just like you did to Nick yesterday and are doing the same to me and Simon. That's very immature.

How can someone take your opinion seriously as a reviewer if you are going to have a meltdown and start calling people names?

Boo :thumbsdown:

20. Cory Pelizzari

Nov 19, 2017
    Sydney, AU
    After some thought, I've decided not to post on this thread from here on out, and hopefully it will prevent anymore personally targeted posts. This argument has gotten beyond simple comparisons to libraries and is now going in the route of people attempting to win arguments that don't even matter, and I'm seeing more posts that are attempting to debunk what perspectives and examples I've contributed to this thread in some convoluted way, and a few posters are displaying more and more negative language.

If the thread goes back to normal after I leave, I'm happy. If it doesn't, then we all will know who the firestarters are. Over and out.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018