What's new

Berlin Strings First Chairs 2.0 - Free Update & Special Offer!

OrchestralTools

- Update Special Offer for new users -

Get the principal players of Berlin Strings and enter the world of a first rate string quintet for finest, most intimate compositions. With Berlin Strings First Chairs 2.0, we offer a completely overhauled update of the previous instruments (Violin 1, Violin 2, Viola, Cello). We made sample fixes and improved the legato performance for better playability.

On top of this we are proud to announce that we backed up our ensemble with a brand new, wonderful solo Bass. We were able to win one the best solo Bass players from Berlin who created an amazing, characterful tone for our collection - the missing piece of the puzzle. Enjoy the Screencast!

Use the ensemble to add life and definition - just layer them them on top of large string arrangements. It forms an integrated whole when using it with the Berlin Strings or Metropolis Ark Collections.

But also on their own
the first rate players work together perfectly as a chamber string section - listen to Sascha Knorr’s „Flying Across the Gallery", a demo made exclusively with First Chairs 2.0.

- Update Special Offer -
This update is free for all existing users of Berlin Strings First Chairs.
For new users, we offer an attractive special pricing:
199€+VAT instead of 299€+VAT until April 20.
Check our https://www.orchestraltools.com/libraries/bst_exp_d.php (product page) for detailed information.​

Based on CAPSULE for Kontakt.
IMPORTANT: You need the Kontakt 5.5.1 full version sampler to run this library!
First Chairs works as a stand alone collection and does not need Berlin Strings main, like all other Berlin Series collections.

Last edited:
Hey folks,

update links have been sent and should arrive shortly.
I'm getting a number of mailer daemons from people who have changed their email. If your download email does not arrive within a few hours, please contact support at ot dot com.

best
Tobias

It's funny, I was thinking of putting down some dough for this a couple of days ago. Glad I waited.

The new bass sounds terrific. The varied attacks make all the difference. I'd love to hear the improved other instruments also if any new "walk-through" is planned.

The bass sounds great! I agree with jamwerks, it would be nice to hear the other instruments and the improvements, especially legato.

Excellent update.. still downloading. Hope this is the begining of a new policy at OT regarding updates. Very wise I might add. Looking forward to Woodwinds exp. A update.

Awesome. Any chance that prospective buyers will get to hear examples of the updated legato from the other instruments?

Reactions: JF
Does the new update include non-vibrato legatos that allow you to crossfade into progressively intensifying vibrato layers? That was the only thing missing when I was looking at this library in the past. An excellent sounding library!

Hi Orchestral Tools,

Thank You Very Much for updating/improving your OT-FC library, and adding the Bass. The FCs are imho. a very important part of your strings libraries, and add a lot to Berlin Strings, and now can also work as a Quintet Library. Which is Awesome ! :2thumbs:

I got the download code email. So, I'm really excited to use ver. 2.0 as soon as I have the time to get it installed.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

It's hard to tell with strings, but definitely seems OT is getting better and better at legato and cross-fading . Don't hear any phasing there.

Sounds like you have a delay on that sample. I'd be interested to hear it without any reverb or delay as dry as possible to hear what the sample is doing and not your effects.

Hey Kaan! I forgot that was you! Hope things are great with you. Curious to hear the same example with just the close mic. Difficult for me to evaluate with all those Teldex reflections swimming around which i'm guessing are coming from the tree mics.

I'm really enjoying listening to Sascha Knorr's demo of the new OT-FC ver 2 they are impressive , they sound so natural, and realistic !

Another great demo by Sascha! Looking forward to downloading the free update. Thanks OT!

I am very new to OT with only BO_Inspire now.
Is Updated FC 2.0 a 'solid' addition to use with BO-I ?? This is a vastly larger Library than my previous FC consideration !!

Last edited:
Hi,

Just wanted to check on the download before I go ahead with it.

Do I just download the OT-FC version 2. to the same folder of the original OT-FC , the new files will replace the older ones, and add the Bass to the same folder , or is this a fresh download of the whole FC-2.0 which includes the new Bass, as a fresh new install of the whole library that can be downloaded to a new folder ?

Update :

OK, I read the install notes/instructions in the email from OT, so I can install it in a new folder as a new library.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Last edited:
Top Bottom