What's new

Berlin Orchestra Inspire - Released!

OrchestralTools

BERLIN ORCHESTRA INSPIRE

When musical ideas flow, being quick is crucial. That's why we designed a virtual orchestra that combines a phenomenal sound with the capabilities of a fast writing tool. Berlin Orchestra Inspire is based on the Berlin Series, which was developed over the last 5 years. Today it is one of the largest and most detailed orchestral sample collections in the world, which is used by many composers around the world and in countless Hollywood productions.
Recorded with world-class musicians from Berlin in the beautiful-sounding Teldex Scoring Stage, this collection of virtual orchestral instruments allows for the most believable-sounding MIDI productions.

With Berlin Orchestra Inspire we bring the sound and power of the Berlin Orchestra to smaller and mobile systems.

Berlin Orchestra Inspire - Trailer

A Symphony Orchestra in one box:
  • Strings
  • Woodwinds
  • Brass
  • Percussion
  • Grand Piano
  • Harp

NOT TOO WET, NOT TOO DRY - JUST RIGHT

All instruments of Berlin Orchestra Inspire are recorded at their natural seating positions; articulations and instruments are in natural balance to each other. This is the best basic requirement to achieve a sonic impression where all the instruments are blending together to a full orchestral body. Not too wet, not too dry – the perfect acoustics of the Teldex Scoring Stage allow to stay flexible for any kind of production.
The carefully merged microphone blend convinces with a powerful and shimmering sound.
Simple to use – right out of the box.

Berlin Orchestra Inspire - Screencast

A FLASH OF INSPIRATION - YOUR ARRANGEMENT JUST MINUTES AWAY.
Berlin Orchestra lnspire is a layout orchestra for quick and stunning results. Use Berlin Orchestra Inspire where ever you want to be creative - All you need is a single machine with 8GB of RAM and the free Kontakt Player.
Berlin Orchestra Inspire is based on CAPSULE for Kontakt and equipped with our innovative Adaptive Legato System.

Find the full articulation list https://orchestraltools.com/resources/documents/BO_Inspire.pdf (here.)

Pre-Order now for just 249€ + VAT.
Normal price will be 399€ + VAT.
Release Date: July 14

150€ OF VOUCHERS

With your purchase of BOI you will receive two special vouchers that can be used in the OT Store:
  • a 50€ voucher, good for any purchase
  • a 100€ voucher, good for any purchase higher than 600€
The vouchers can not be combined in the same order.
Vouchers will be sent upon release of Berlin Orchestra Inspire and are not refundable.

Find all details on our https://orchestraltools.com/libraries/berlin_orchestra_inspire.php (product page.)

Experience true excellence in sampling.
www.orchestraltools.com

@OrchestralTools Nice. A couple of quick questions if you don't mind;
  • Are the ensembles (trumpet and horns for example) recorded together, or are they a mix of two existing sample sets?
  • If someone were to already own both Ark libraries, does this offer much new?
  • How does the mic blend sound compared to the rest of the OT libraries?

@OrchestralTools Nice. A couple of quick questions if you don't mind;
  • Are the ensembles (trumpet and horns for example) recorded together, or are they a mix of two existing sample sets?
  • If someone were to already own both Ark libraries, does this offer much new?
  • How does the mic blend sound compared to the rest of the OT libraries?

1. Check the Video -> from the sample pool of Berlin Brass
2. Check the Articulations
3. Check the Video

Intro Video is enough to block purchases about to be made !! :P
Pricing is most attractive !:thumbsup: 18GB _ not bad.

Last edited:
1. Check the Video -> from the sample pool of Berlin Brass
2. Check the Articulations
3. Check the Video

1. I checked the video. It doesn't say whether these are pre-baked or not.
2. I checked the video. I see some similar articulations. I'd like to hear the developers thoughts on it.
3. I checked the video. You can't make a comparison judgement from it. Is it 30% close and 70% tree? You tell me, you must have amazing ears.

Very useful, and sounds great ! Will most likely buy it, even though I have many of the full Berlin Libraries.

Thanks Orch. Tools, it was a very wise decision to develop this library.

Very useful, and sounds great ! Will most likely buy it, even though I have many of the full Berlin Libraries.

Thanks Orch. Tools, it was a very wise decision to develop this library.

Even if owning several Berlin libraries, I see this "Inspire" as a very smart way to focus on composing and leave all the programmation-related details for after (All the CCs / MIDI massage, etc).

Once you're done with the main sketching process, start from here, open your Berlins / Arks and start going crazy, but knowing where you're heading. :)

@OrchestralTools Just to add, I also checked out the manual you have online, but it seems to have a few errors in there - 268GB library size, screenshots of articulations which aren't in the library etc.

Solo trumpet!! with legato too? hmm this might be a very good way to get what I need without spending 700 on Berlin Brass...

It's only 18 GB !

That's refreshing, especially coming from OT ;)

They are also giving out two vouchers. Thanks OT.

Last edited:
Q. Did they just use a subset of the original Berlin Orch. Libraries to develop this library (no new sample content) ?

i.e. Did they actually record some of the new combinations especially for this library ?

Not very clear on this.

1. I checked the video. It doesn't say whether these are pre-baked or not.
2. I checked the video. I see some similar articulations. I'd like to hear the developers thoughts on it.
3. I checked the video. You can't make a comparison judgement from it. Is it 30% close and 70% tree? You tell me, you must have amazing ears.

was I offensive?

1. The whole library is build on the Berlin Series, and there seem to be no pre-baked patches.
From the Website: "Berlin Orchestra Inspire is based on the Berlin Series"
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the whole Berlin Series consists of Single Instruments and Ensembles of the same Instruments?

2. The articulation list in combination with the Screencast shows you everything there is. At least you don't buy the same samples repacked (if you only own the arks). The big difference between Ark1-2 is the full dynamic range of BOI. But some instruments and patches overlap a bit.

3. I'm sorry, I find those clean Screencasts very helpful to get a feeling for the sound and the sonic material in the samples, I don't care about the exact percentage of the mic's.

Its based on the recordings we did for the Berlin Series.
Everything is carefully blended and pre-mixed for a fast workflow and to be able to load everything on a regular 8GB laptop. Also all the sections are in natural balance to each other, so you just have to ride the modwheel.

Its based on the recordings we did for the Berlin Series.
Everything is carefully blended and pre-mixed for a fast workflow and to be able to load everything on a regular 8GB laptop. Also all the sections are in natural balance to each other, so you just have to ride the modwheel.

everything is in natural balance with each other..... I should've chosen Berlin over Spitfire long ago.

Top Bottom