What's new

Berlin Orchestra Inspire 2: Discussion

ChrisSiuMusic

Hi all,

With the pre-order of Orchestral Tools’ newest library now available, I’m curious as to how many of you feel that this library would be a great addition to your arsenal.

Berlin Orchestra Inspire 2 is a library culling from OT’s reknowned Berlin and Metropolis Ark series, and this collection focuses on the softer and more emotional side of scoring. For a full walkthrough, feel free to watch my video here:
I personally think this library is a wonderful tool for sketching, but can also find its way into your final productions due to its sound quality and instant gratification.

Pre-order pricing ends on August 8th. Enjoy!

dcoscina

I haven't received my review copy yet (I write reviews for Film Score Monthly Online) but being a Orchestral Tools enthusiast and owner of several of their libraries, I'm sure it will be an amazing library.

I actually like this trend towards making libraries more economic. One, it forces the composer to become more creative. We must remember that film score greats like John Williams and Jerry Goldsmith came up in the tv world at a time when they had much smaller groups to write for which helped them maximize their creativity and resources. Given the quality of OT's libraries, there is no reason why someone could not create imaginative and stylistically diverse music using BOI series.

OP
ChrisSiuMusic

ChrisSiuMusic

I haven't received my review copy yet (I write reviews for Film Score Monthly Online) but being a Orchestral Tools enthusiast and owner of several of their libraries, I'm sure it will be an amazing library.

I actually like this trend towards making libraries more economic. One, it forces the composer to become more creative. We must remember that film score greats like John Williams and Jerry Goldsmith came up in the tv world at a time when they had much smaller groups to write for which helped them maximize their creativity and resources. Given the quality of OT's libraries, there is no reason why someone could not create imaginative and stylistically diverse music using BOI series.
Indeed! I feel that the library allows the composer to sit down and start writing right away without having to tweak. Plus the ensembles really are inspiring to play.

MaxOctane

Hey Chris!

Another great video. I really enjoy your work, both the presentations and your music.

Maybe you should do a Patreon for a new CPU. I'll pitch in if you do. I mean c'mon man, how many videos are you gonna keep apologizing for the crackles ;)

Question for ya: I have the full Spitfire range, but I'm on a laptop, hate loading large templates, and don't really enjoy balancing the instruments. Would you advise this library, or just make do with the wide SF range and trim down a workable template?

sostenuto

Big NKS Fan !
Indeed! I feel that the library allows the composer to sit down and start writing right away without having to tweak. Plus the ensembles really are inspiring to play.
For me _ BO-I 1 (BO-I 2 Pre-Ordered)__ are not only fine Libs as they stand, but strong gateway-drugs for main OT Orchestral products. :notworthy:

Various factors have delayed purchase of more costly Libraries, but a very positive BO-I 2 experience will make Berlin Series a stronger candidate. Somehow I'm believing this is part of astute marketing …..

OP
ChrisSiuMusic

ChrisSiuMusic

For me _ BO-I 1 (BO-I 2 Pre-Ordered)__ are not only fine Libs as they stand, but strong gateway-drugs for main OT Orchestral products. :notworthy:

Various factors have delayed purchase of more costly Libraries, but a very positive BO-I 2 experience will make Berlin Series a stronger candidate. Somehow I'm believing this is part of astute marketing …..
If I didn't already own the main collections, I could definitely see BOI 1 and 2 being gateway products, and I'd have a hard time resisting. As it is, I don't regret my purchases at all, as I use them in nearly every composition.

OP
ChrisSiuMusic

ChrisSiuMusic

Hey Chris!

Another great video. I really enjoy your work, both the presentations and your music.

Maybe you should do a Patreon for a new CPU. I'll pitch in if you do. I mean c'mon man, how many videos are you gonna keep apologizing for the crackles ;)

Question for ya: I have the full Spitfire range, but I'm on a laptop, hate loading large templates, and don't really enjoy balancing the instruments. Would you advise this library, or just make do with the wide SF range and trim down a workable template?
Hey, thanks so much!! You're right, I should set up a Patreon for that in the near future...the cracks are getting on my nerves :mad:

In terms of templates, I actually start with a blank session every time, so I would only load in the instruments I need one by one. You could do that in order to save on loading time. However, I do feel the Inspire series is from the very top drawer, and as I mentioned in quite a few videos, the sound quality of OT's samples makes me shiver every time. So I wouldn't blame you if you decided to sneak this into your palette :whistling:

dcoscina

Hey, thanks so much!! You're right, I should set up a Patreon for that in the near future...the cracks are getting on my nerves :mad:

In terms of templates, I actually start with a blank session every time, so I would only load in the instruments I need one by one. You could do that in order to save on loading time. However, I do feel the Inspire series is from the very top drawer, and as I mentioned in quite a few videos, the sound quality of OT's samples makes me shiver every time. So I wouldn't blame you if you decided to sneak this into your palette :whistling:
I do the same though I do have a BOI template that has all instruments per track. It’s really handy

KallumS

For someone in my position, this couldn't be more perfect. I only have one orchestral library - Inspire 1 - and since using it I found myself lacking a solo violin, solo cello, choir and taikos. I planned to buy these all as separate plugins at a cost of £400, and then Inspire 2 came around with a pre-order cost of £200! You get much more in Inspire 2, I can't wait to try the hymnium out.

OP
ChrisSiuMusic

ChrisSiuMusic

For someone in my position, this couldn't be more perfect. I only have one orchestral library - Inspire 1 - and since using it I found myself lacking a solo violin, solo cello, choir and taikos. I planned to buy these all as separate plugins at a cost of £400, and then Inspire 2 came around with a pre-order cost of £200! You get much more in Inspire 2, I can't wait to try the hymnium out.
Amazing! Have fun :dancer:

MillsMixx

Production Director/Sound Designer
It was either this or Ark 2 but I can't justify the price of the latter so I caved and just per-ordered Inspire 2. Great intro price. That Hymnium patch sounds pretty darn cool too!

Seriously thou Chris how you get the privilege of an advance copy? I ask out of respect, and maybe a little bit of jealousy. :)

OP
ChrisSiuMusic

ChrisSiuMusic

It was either this or Ark 2 but I can't justify the price of the latter so I caved and just per-ordered Inspire 2. Great intro price. That Hymnium patch sounds pretty darn cool too!

Seriously thou Chris how you get the privilege of an advance copy? I ask out of respect, and maybe a little bit of jealousy. :)
Glad you purchased it! I’m sure you’ll have a blast.

I’ve been doing reviews for a little while now (since April), and reached out to OT offering to review their Symphonic Harps when they had just released them. They watched my videos and enjoyed my reviewing style (I was so happy), so they were very kind in sending me a copy to review. I then offered to review this library as well. The rest is history! I had owned and used all of the main collections and all the Arks before reviewing anything, so I was into OT way before.

I will also be releasing a review of the Muted Brass sometime next week! Stay tuned for that :2thumbs:

Top Bottom