What's new

BERCEUSE, 3rd piano solo piece by Anthony Sylvestre (feat. Piano in Blue)

Hi ! I'm Anthony Sylvestre, french composer.
Last August, I have composed a new piece for piano entitled 'Berceuse'. I didn't thought of composing a new piece of piano soon because my previous piece 'Le Piano Supendu' was difficult for me to complete.
Finally, I'm happy to have completed this new one and also happy to share it with you. I hope that you will enjoy it too.
Thanks in advance for listening.
Duration : about 3'17"
MP3 and digital sheet music to download on the website :
https://www.asturiamusic.com

P.S. even if it is a lullaby, please : don't fall asleep before the end !!
smile.gif

Nice piece: sweet melody, nice harmonic progression. Fits well with a lullaby. I wasn't too fond of the thirds under the melody that enter around 0:30; the melody is better off without it, IMO.

Thank you TGV for giving your feed-back on my post. Regarding to the thirds, I consider your opinion about this, but I think they are important in this repetition of the first theme because it's a way to add a change.

Here is a recording of my friend Paul Barton performing my 'Berceuse', an wonderful artist that everyone should know :

Absolutely beautiful, a very lyrical and warm / intimate quality which I haven’t heard in a piano solo for quite a while. It flows nicely from beginning to end and really captures the mood you set out to achieve in this piece.

I’m currently composing an aggressive, emotionally bombastic piano work of mine own and this was such a nice release for me to hear this- got me back to a much needed tranquil state!

You sold me on getting the “Piano in Blue” for that intimate, close up sound which I can’t quite achieve in my piano libraries that I presently own. May I ask if you used any additional reverb on this or does it sound like this out of the box?

I’ll also add that you played with superb sensitivity which lends to the emotion impact this piece has.

Great piece! (and video!)

Cass

Very lovely composition and sound, Piano in Blue is my favorite piano library by far.

Hey Cass ! Thank you so much for your kind comment and impressions. I'm touched !
I'm happy that I have make you want to own Piano in Blue ! It's a wonderful plugin and you won't regret it.
No external reverb used, but only the builtin reverb (Berliner Hall preset). For this intimate sound, I have used the 3 mics positions but mainly the close mic put to the max. Best,
Anthony

Top Bottom