What's new

Behringher X Touch One and Cubase

Sadly it does not.
Can anyone tell me how to update the firmware in the X Touch One? I have downloaded V1.07. My unit came with V1.04 but I can't seem to figure out how to get the sysex file on the hardware. I have the MIDI-OX program that was suggested and I have followed the little info I have found (video on firmware update for the regular X Touch) but the file won't transfer.

The instructions are in the ReadMe file in the firmware zip and it's pretty quick and easy - it worked first time for me. Maybe check your settings in MIDI-OX (Options/MIDI Devices...) to make sure it's configured correctly to send to the X-Touch?

1. Press and hold the small CHANNEL REC button (at the upper right corner) during power-up
2. Display will show "UP" (unit is now in "firmware UPDATE mode")
3. Open your MIDI Dump software (e.g. "MIDI-OX" on a Windows computer)
4. Select the firmware file for updating (file name ends with ".syx")
5. Dump the file via USB to the X-TOUCH ONE
6. The 7-segment display will show progress
7. The unit will show "donE" when finished
8. Now power off / on again
9. Display will show the firmware version, shortly, while booting

Curious @jononotbono what did you end up with, if anything?

Well, I'm currently using a Raven MTI2 which is pretty cool. I'm setting up a new Music Lab in New York at the minute and getting into Video Editing as well so regarding physical faders, I'm likely going to get an Avid controller. Can double up for Audio and Video.

I still want to try the Steinberg CC121 but I've not ordered one as every time I thought about it, I had other things to buy. Problem is with that unit is that it only works with Steinberg and Nuendo so it means, yet again, more controllers all plugged in which is just a bit ridiculous.

Didn't bother trying the Behringher X Touch because of the banking issue.

Unrelated to audio but still regarding physical faders, for Midi CCs I've actually bought a secondhand Korg NanoKontrol2 (again - I have one collecting dust in the UK and didn't realise I was leaving the UK for this long so didn't bring my JLCooper Fader Master Pro or Kenton Control Freak) and although it's a cheap as chips, it's fine. For what it is. I mean, I could never complain about it because of the price and like anything, if you get used to it... yeah. No Fireworks with that thing!

I have an X-touch Compact I use for midi CCs and I love it (I’m also in Cubase).
I don’t use it for automation, but the one time I heard it, the motor noise was unreasonably loud for my preference.

I have an X-touch Compact I use for midi CCs and I love it (I’m also in Cubase).
I don’t use it for automation, but the one time I heard it, the motor noise was unreasonably loud for my preference.

The Compact is definitely the physical fader unit to use for CCs now. The JLCooper is great and so is the Kenton Kontrol but they are 5 pin which means another interface to plugin (I have a Motu Midi 128 back in U.K.) and discontinued now so the Compact will definitely be the physical fader unit I buy for CCs. Just gotta stop buying Samples to buy one haha!

Top Bottom