What's new

Be Kind - orchestral

rudi

Sorry I don't have any suggestions on building-up harmonically. It's a beautiful piece - the balance and development are great. I particularly like the build-up from 1:40 onwards.
Thank you for sharing

PaulieDC

1967 Bizzarini GT 5300 Strada
Wow, great piece. It has a John Williams-esque feel and then bumps into Bartok along the way. I have ONE suggestion: at about 0:57, these lush strings enter in and I want them to fill the scene but they stay buried behind the piano and it doesn't quite scratch that itch. It you re-leveled that one section, it's a total winner.

OP
borisb2

borisb2

thanks everybody..

these lush strings enter in and I want them to fill the scene but they stay buried behind the piano and it doesn't quite scratch that itch
good point - matches pretty much what jbuhler said .. will have a look tonight :)

OP
borisb2

borisb2

vi-control was of course right :P . I moved the piano in the background in that region to let the lush strings shine a bit more in the foreground .. works nicely for me

Thanks for that feedback - probably wouldn't have done it myself

purple

Hey,

quite a simple theme (more underscore) - just wanted to explore how much I can build (vertical) and harmonically on it

.. Let me know what you think
The brass feels somewhat artificially quiet to me relative to how high the mod wheel(i assume it's mod wheel here) is. I'd either turn that down a bit or turn up the brass in the mix. It feels generally dynamically squashed because of this and I think highlighting this difference would make it feel like more of a build.

For an underscore, It's fine for the majority. If you wanted more activity above the strings you might consider some woodwind or upper brass interjections (horn, trumpet). Nothing too crazy but something to give it some life.

Top Bottom