What's new

BBO: T-X - String Sections

Ben

VSL

Now with the release of Big Bang Orchestra: Tana, Ursa, Vega, Wallia and Xenia we are close to the release of BBO: Z - so stay tuned!

For just 65 € (regular 85€) you will get a string section with selected articulations of our very successful Synchron Strings Pro - btw, thanks for all your awesome feedback!
You can check out the included articulations as well as a comparison table with the content included in the Synchron Strings Pro here: https://www.vsl.co.at/BBO_Map/BBO_Tana
Like always with BBO, all mic-positions are included, and if you want to upgrade to the Synchron Strings Pro later on, you will benefit from the upgrade prices.

If you ask yourself: “Do I need these new BBO installments?”
Yes, you do :). Only exception: If you are already proud owner of Synchron Strings Pro, you can skip these libraries.
If you are still on the fence - this is the perfect opportunity to check out the sound of of the most talked-about string library on the market yourself!
BTW: Synchron Strings Pro will stay available at introductory pricing until our Black Friday kicks in.

Last edited:
What's the actual content difference between these volumes and Synchron Strings Pro? If I were to purchase all of these section volumes, what content would I be missing from SSP? Any missing dynamic layers / articulations / features?

And so on, once again, The Choice: all the articulations, or the extra mics?

These libraries are great additions to the BBO sketching orchestra, with more flexibility than Lyra+Musca. At the same time, they are just one step from the full thing…

Paolo

I think BBO is far more than a "sketching" orchestra. In fact, it seems to have evolved into some kind of general orchestral framework for VSLs current/future catalogue, and also fulfills a similar role the Special Editions had for the old VI line. The Synchron Percussion & Strings selections in BBO are basically the same idea: a good subset of the most important content and features, more affordable, but might also already be everything one needs. And if one's interested in going even deeper, there are the "big" Synchron libraries the material was derived from.

I think BBO is far more than a "sketching" orchestra.
Yes. It was never intended to be a sketching orchestra in the first place.
Of course you can use parts of it for this purpose, but the main intent from the beginning on was an easy to use, production ready sound - for both professionals and beginners :)

Not to derail - but it was fairly recent news to me that Brussels sprouts are a big deal in New York. Apparently you haven't tried them until you've tried them in NYC. I must go and investigate! Don't know where you are in the US Virtuoso but if in New York then please confirm and report back.

Anway... sorry for the off-topic ramblings... I'm supposed to be working!!

Seattle. I had Brussels Sprouts just last weekend and they were AMAZING. Fish & Chips and Cottage Pie are both miles better here than back home, but I've yet to find a curry to rival Manchester or Birmingham!

Back on topic, the new String Sections come with a very reasonable upgrade to Synchron Strings Pro (65 Euros off for each section I think), but what about those of us who already have SSP and have been steadily building the BBO collection?! It's going to really bug me to have a 5 letter 'black hole' near the end of the alphabet!! o_O

Top Bottom