What's new

BBO: L & M goes strings!

Yes, you can use them together. They blend perfectly imo (just tried it out ;) ).

1. Sound. You will not get the same sound if you record the sections seperatly.
2. The idea of BBO: Quick and instant. Just load the section and play. No need orchestrate everything in score during your creative process.
3. Cost. It's a BBO installment, and we try to keep each installment below 100€. You get libraries without compromises in quality for just ~ €65 (after intro: ~ € 95).

It's not primarly designed as sketching tool, nor as orchestration tool for the notation first approach imo.
You can use these libraries for these use-cases, but the main strengths are the sound and work-speed to achieve good sounding music.
But you can also use them to thicken up or complement the sound of your other libraries, be it Synchron, SYNCHRON-ized, VI or libraries from our colleagues.
And then there are the BBO installments with sounds and effects you will not get in any other libraries.

We try to design our libraries to complement each other, so you get something new and useful, even if it is a new string library :)
Kopernikus, Jupiter, Hercules, Lyra and Musca are a nice bunch of programs. Now I just need the BBO woodwinds and this is a cool sketching orchestra that can also definitely be used to final mixes too.

Once I jumped on the train... there must be strings. Even if they are "only" in octaves.
For the sections, I have the other synchronized versions.
I'm convinced by the sound, so let's go for it.

Reactions: Ben
Just downloaded it and its gorgeous!
very playable, great sound, many possibilities to tweak. very inspring.

Best modules so far!
just to say that the other ones are great too!
highly recommended...

Hey Ben!

I also encourage VSL to release demos of L and M.

When BBO first released I ponied up $29 for the dongle. Downloaded the Free and liked it. Got busy, missed the sale on Andromeda, and until H,J,and K caught my ears, didn't bite on B ... G because the vid walkthrus didn't sell me.

But I'm a brass guy, so I perked up for H,J,K. But walkthrus and vi comments left me on the fence. Then demos launched, I downloaded and 3 hrs later bought H,J,K with no doubts or hesitation. Those were my first VSL library purchases.

So help me get off the fence on L and M.

Fwiw ...

Last edited:
Hey Ben!

I also encourage VSL to release demos of L and M.

When BBO first released I ponied up $29 for the dongle. Downloaded the Free and liked it. Got busy, missed the sale on Andromeda, and until H,J,and K didn't bite on B ... G because the vid walkthrus didn't sell me.

But I'm a brass guy, so I perked up for H,J,K. But walkthrus and vi comments left me on the fence. Then demos launched, I downloaded and 3 hrs later bought H,J,K with no doubts or hesitation. Those were my first VSL library purchases.

So help me get off the fence on L and M.

Fwiw ...

Agreed.

I've been a bit gun-shy since Synchron Strings, but being able to demo Hercules was helpful, and I plan to buy it. The videos for Musca and Lyra sound great, but a downloadable demo might seal the deal.

I'm not a fan.

But based on the videos, Musca and Lyra sound very good. More of this, please, VSL (and a downloadable demo)!
That's a bit disappointing to hear. I haven't used them in a production yet, but am planning on it soon...so far I thought the sound was quite nice. What issues do you have with it?

Since this is a commercial thread about different products (products that seem very promising IMO), I'll just say there are other threads here on VI Control about Synchron Strings, and I agree with most of the issues raised there.

Off-Topic: imo most of the issues were solved with the updates for SY Strings I, especially the Cantabile update with new articulations and reworked legatos. So if you initially did not like them, you should re-visit them imo.

Regarding demo: we'll see what we can do about it :)
(don't forget that if you buy in our store you can return the library within 14 days, if you don't like it)

Regarding demo: we'll see what we can do about it :)
(don't forget that if you buy in our store you can return the library within 14 days, if you don't like it)

I loved the fact that I could demo the brass in my own studio and A/B against my other libraries to see how they hold up against what I already use. In fact, that is was ultimately sold me on them! I was truly hoping you were going to offer demos of all products going forward, and hopefully past BBO's as well, as thats the only way to truly know what you can do with a library is if you can get your own hands on it.

I do understand its probably not feasible for the larger products, but I really hope you are able to offer demo periods for at least the BBO & smart orchestra lines.

Last edited:
Don't worry, like I said we will see what can be done. The sale is lasting for this entire month, so no need to rush anything :)

(please keep in mind that we have to monitor our download infrastructure, and our paying customers should get the best experience possible, including decend download speeds)

Top Bottom