What's new

BBO Composer Contest

Along with VSLs big bang orchestra, are we allowed any 8-bit mario references in the competition?
As long as they originate from one of the BBO packages, why not :)
I would not even be mad if you somehow achieve this with the plugins in the Synchron Player!

I did not know how literally most of you would take the theme "Last hours" :shocked:
Thank you all for your contributions. @Guy Bacos and myself will listen to these within the next days and choose two winners from it.

And with that this little fun composition ends :)
Thank you all and good luck!

Ben, thank you for the contest! Having a deadline is always a stimulus to be creative. One might not be able to do all the polish, but at least is invited to explore the tools, and make the creative juices flow!

Paolo

Absolutely! I learned a whole lot about the BBO packs during this romp, although just scratching the surface at this point, and about working with Tutti samples in general, which I'm pretty unexperienced with. I really like how far the BBO libraries can already get you with close to no massaging and how much value they can add to an established orchestra teplate.

I'm currently also working on a mockup (just for fun), where I set myself the challenge to do as much as possible with the BBO packs. And I'm impressed how quick it is.

One might not be able to do all the polish, but at least is invited to explore the tools, and make the creative juices flow!
Exactly!
Btw, you wrote that you have worked on something but were not able to finish in time. Feel free to post it here as soon as you are finished. Even if it is not for the competition, I would like to hear it :)

Btw, you wrote that you have worked on something but were not able to finish in time.
Thanks to the added couple days, I was able to finish it, and deliver it five minutes before the deadline! :)

Paolo

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben
Oh, sorry. Of course, I even downloaded it and put it into the excel sheet...
Too much going on at the same time ;)

Hi,

Too late for the contest deadline, but I did some polishing to the submitted piece. Some more space, some more color, a bit of cleaning. I'll post it here, just as a show of an ongoing work with these tools.

Revised "Final Hours Before Dawn"

Playing with the mics does allow for several timbral combinations. It's as if each library contains an apparent set of tools (the patches), and then a second repository containing tool for finer tasks (the mics, focusing on separate sections and the peculiar way they implement that particular technique). I had noticed it in the early Free Basic library, but it is obviously even more apparent in the new, more detailed libraries.

Paolo

Last edited:
Thank you all for your contributions! @Guy Bacos and myself listened to all of your compositions, and it was not easy to pick just two winners. We heard a lot of creative ideas and have enjoyed listening to your music.

We have choosen the two winners based on how much we liked it musically, how good the performance/programming and mixing is, and if it fits the theme "Final hours".

Here are the two winners:

Please PM me your email-address of your VSL account, so I can add the licenses to your account :)

Again, many thanks to all of you!

Top Bottom