What's new

BBO Composer Contest

Ben

VSL
Original Thread/Post: https://vi-control.net/community/threads/vsl-bbo-whats-next-guess-and-win.89169/page-13#post-4576234

Hi there!

You are really quick guessing names and already got the names... And because we have some time left, I thought it would be fun to extend this competition: we will give away 2x2 additional licenses (BBO L and BBO M):

- Compose a short original piece with the any of the BBO libraries (including the free Big Bang Orchestra).
- Only BBO libraries are allowed, but feel free to make use of the included features of the Synchron Player like FX, time-stretching, ...
- Post it here in the thread (attachment, Soundcloud-Link, YouTube-Link...)
- one submission per person.
- Deadline is the 1st July 13:00 CET.
- Guy Bacos and myself will evaluate all compositions and choose 2 winners from the submissions (as was the will of the people)
- The theme for the composition in this round is "Final Hours".

Have fun!

Last edited:
only the last note had to be "melodyned" down a whole tone
1592751531398.png

You can click the arrows (17) and extend the range of the instruments up and down an octave, I think this will save you a few minutes ;)
(Just to be clear: your submission is fine, no need to change it; just wanted to point out this feature)

You can click the arrows (17) and extend the range of the instruments up and down an octave, I think this will save you a few minutes
thanks, Ben, that saves indeed a few minutes. I feel I´ve only scratched at the surface of all the possibilities of this library.

Reactions: Ben
Original Thread/Post: https://vi-control.net/community/threads/vsl-bbo-whats-next-guess-and-win.89169/page-13#post-4576234

Hi there!

You are really quick guessing names and already got the names... And because we have some time left, I thought it would be fun to extend this competition: we will give away 2x2 additional licenses (BBO L and BBO M):

- Compose a short original piece with the any of the BBO libraries (including the free Big Bang Orchestra).
- Only BBO libraries are allowed, but feel free to make use of the included features of the Synchron Player like FX, time-stretching, ...
- Post it here in the thread (attachment, Soundcloud-Link, YouTube-Link...)
- one submission per person.
- Deadline is the 29th June 13:00 CET.
- Guy Bacos and myself will evaluate all compositions and choose 2 winners from the submissions (as was the will of the people)
- The theme for the composition in this round is "Final Hours".

Have fun!
Unfortunately my package (with the elincese key in) got stuck for "covid" reasons (facepalm) and it still didn't make it to my address. Pity. I wanted to participate!

• Sad
Reactions: Ben
Unfortunately my package (with the elincese key in) got stuck for "covid" reasons (facepalm) and it still didn't make it to my address. Pity. I wanted to participate!

Man, that's a shame. :sad: Any idea when you're gonna be getting the stuff?

Generally not a lot happening in this thread still. I myself had a super busy month and never had the time to work on anything up until yesterday. Maybe the deadline can be pushed back a little? Perhaps it would give some folks time to contribute.

Man, that's a shame. :sad: Any idea when you're gonna be getting the stuff?

Generally not a lot happening in this thread still. I myself had a super busy month and never had the time to work on anything up until yesterday. Maybe the deadline can be pushed back a little? Perhaps it would give some folks time to contribute.
Were I to get it Monday in the morning I would try to do something in 2 hours that has value, I like challenges, but at the moment the tracking number says
The status of your parcel has changed.
but looks like it's in the same town for 4 days.

Were I to get it Monday in the morning I would try to do something in 2 hours that has value, I like challenges, but at the moment the tracking number says
The status of your parcel has changed.
but looks like it's in the same town for 4 days.

2 hours? I need two hours just to remember how music works at all, haha.

Four days without an update sounds like they either screwed something up, or it'll be arriving on Monday. Hopefully 11:00 CET at the latest so you can go crazy in those two hours :grin:

I, too, have very little hope to finish in time. My fault: I’ve started working in Logic, just to discover that these libraries can work even more effectively in Dorico. They are so expressive, that one can get excellent results even in a notation program. So I made my expression maps and converted the piece to Dorico, learning how the combo works. Useful, but a lot of time stolen to actual composing.

Should the deadline slip, I wouldn't be unhappy...

Paolo

Hm... I understand; it was a busy time for me as well...
This competition should stay something fun and I would like to hear what you guys come up with, so let's say we move the deadline to at least monday the 1st, and in the meantime I will talk with my colleages about this and we see what can be done :)

2 hours? I need two hours just to remember how music works at all, haha.

Four days without an update sounds like they either screwed something up, or it'll be arriving on Monday. Hopefully 11:00 CET at the latest so you can go crazy in those two hours :grin:
Ha, nice one Jimmy
I deliberately tend to forget how music works :grin:.

Hm... I understand; it was a busy time for me as well...
This competition should stay something fun and I would like to hear what you guys come up with, so let's say we move the deadline to at least monday the 1st, and in the meantime I will talk with my colleages about this and we see what can be done :)
Hi there Ben, thank you for being so kind.
Did you mean Wednesday the 1st?

Thank you Ben! I've spent the whole night on my track but I haven't finished it yet. It's cool to have two more days.

Top Bottom