What's new

BBC Symphony Orchestra – Available to Pre-Order!

Re buying tickets, I've been to the Barbican Centre, and I can't imagine that hiring any space there comes cheap... or any central London venue for that matter.
We're not talking about meeting down in a pub here... it looks like a major announcement. :)

Last edited:
Re buying tickets, I've been to the Barbican Centre, and I can't imagine that hiring any space there comes cheap... or that any central London venue for that matter.
We're not talking about meeting down in a pub here... it looks like a major announcement. :)
I agree. There might well be a live music performance included, but not revealed yet in order to keep the announcement shrouded in mystery. I really think it’ll be more than Paul Thomson with a PowerPoint presentation.

A VR gaming tie-in will enable you to conduct the BBC SO orchestra in a VR environment whilst the music will be created by direct interfacing with your brain connected to virtual instrumentalists who will trigger the correct samples. Under the chair of each keynote attendee you will find a set of VR goggles which will enable you to experience the virtual orchestra for the first time.

Reactions: FH_
London Calling...London Calling...it must be the raw ultimate Clash library!!! No??

BBC.jpg
This looks like the mic used in their poster. "This is London Calling" was used in WW2 by the BBC World Service, so that fits so far. I wouldn't be surprised if they are starting a music school or academy. It's their biggest 'announcement', not their biggest 'release' or biggest 'product.' London, calling the international composers of the world. Just a hunch!

BBC.jpg
This looks like the mic used in their poster. "This is London Calling" was used in WW2 by the BBC World Service, so that fits so far. I wouldn't be surprised if they are starting a music school or academy. It's their biggest 'announcement', not their biggest 'release' or biggest 'product.' London, calling the international composers of the world. Just a hunch!
Yep. :2thumbs:

Spitfire Radio Station?

Isn’t that a close up of a BBC Marconi Type A ribbon microphone?

83C94BE4-6C8A-4AC7-8BA0-5F196F61FF19.jpeg
75F6FD1E-51C2-4D36-B1A2-3F0D81F467FE.jpeg

Top Bottom