What's new

BBC Panorama Opening

Very interesting sonically -- nice job!
Thanks for listening John! Yeah this stuff is thin on melody/harmony but seems like the more sound design-y stuff I do for them the more placements I get!

There's a lot of that these days. One of the cues I wrote for a very traditional drama makes use of the orchestral version of sound design and they use it all the time.

Calm and haunting piece, beautiful. Can I ask what vst you used?
Hey thank you very much for the kind words and taking time to listen!

So here's a breakdown of the libraries I used:

- Low String Drone - Spitfire Chamber Strings - Flautando, of course, because that's one of the most beautifully sampled patches I've ever heard, although even more beautiful in mid-ranges :)

- The violin is Virharmonic's Bohemian in polyphonic mode

- There's a texture pad from the original Albion I Legacy - hidden gems in that folder I tell ya!

- More texture atmosphere from Heavyocity's Natural Forces

- Some really nice organic, undulating string textures from Heavyocity's NOVO

- Output's REV is used for some melodic pad

- String Audio's Alchemist adds some repeating transition FX

- And finally the loops are from an oldie but goodie AEON from Heavyocity

Had a blast with this project, thanks again for listening!

Thanks for listening John! Yeah this stuff is thin on melody/harmony but seems like the more sound design-y stuff I do for them the more placements I get!
For me this is an excellent example of how simply great taste and soundworld design can often be more to the point than sheer musical complexity (although I'm sure just from listening to this that you can do that too).

For me this is an excellent example of how simply great taste and soundworld design can often be more to the point than sheer musical complexity (although I'm sure just from listening to this that you can do that too).
Great point, and I actually feel like getting the right tone/atmosphere/texture is really challenging! It takes a long time to search through patches and libraries to find the right vibe but when it all comes together, it can be unique. On a side note, when I went back to this project to see what VI's I used, I was blown away that there was no Omnisphere! Ha, usually in every track in some form or another...

Top Bottom