What's new

Batch resaving again after an OS reinstall ?

Kubler

Hi everyone !

The title pretty much sums up my question… I recently reinstalled W10 (moved it from HDD to SSD.) As I consequently had to reinstall all my softwares as well, I was wondering if a new batch resave of my Kontakt libraries was necessary. My understanding of the operation is limited to "it makes loading times faster", but if I'm not mistaken, it involves Kontakt memorizing things, not the library's files themselves being altered. So I guess that a total OS reinstall should have reset everything ?

Hi everyone !

The title pretty much sums up my question… I recently reinstalled W10 (moved it from HDD to SSD.) As I consequently had to reinstall all my softwares as well, I was wondering if a new batch resave of my Kontakt libraries was necessary. My understanding of the operation is limited to "it makes loading times faster", but if I'm not mistaken, it involves Kontakt memorizing things, not the library's files themselves being altered. So I guess that a total OS reinstall should have reset everything ?

Im on mac but this recently fixed allot of little K5.8.1 issue I seemed to be having with finding samples, patches, and of course made loading quicker.

Last edited:
it involves Kontakt memorizing things, not the library's files themselves being altered. So I guess that a total OS reinstall should have reset everything ?
A batch resave alters the instrument files of the corresponding sample library. An OS reinstall should not reset anything here.
If you are on a different OS than before it might do something. When you only reinstalled the same one, I doubt batch resaving again improves anything. I might be wrong though. You might try with one library if it improves anything.

A batch resave alters the instrument files of the corresponding sample library. An OS reinstall should not reset anything here.

Well I was mistaken ahah. I didn't change the OS so i should be good here. I guess I'll know soon enough when using my libraries :) Thanks for the answer !

Top Bottom