What's new

Batch Pitch Correcting Samples - Help!

harrylinden

Hi all, I'm new to this forum so please bear with me on formatting and the like.

I am building a collection of vocal samplers at the moment and was wondering if anybody new of a fancy way of batch pitch correcting all of my samples at once.

They all have the intended pitch written into the file name and I was hoping there might be a piece of software that could read these pitches from the file name and pitch correct to this information?

Bit of a long shot but thought I'd ask in the hope I could save myself a load of time.

Thanks.

Harry

OP
harrylinden

harrylinden

You need to do this at the cutting/editing stage. We just had a discussion about this recently actually.
Starting here: https://vi-control.net/community/threads/where-to-start.73698/page-2#post-4262187
Thanks for the reply, it was helpful to have a read through your work flow. I've ended up exporting out the samples and then re-importing them into a new 'pitching' project which is organised with each channel as a note (as per your recommendation I think). I found it easier to edit with the whole thing originally with each channel as one articulation.

d.healey

Music Monkey
Thanks for the reply, it was helpful to have a read through your work flow. I've ended up exporting out the samples and then re-importing them into a new 'pitching' project which is organised with each channel as a note (as per your recommendation I think). I found it easier to edit with the whole thing originally with each channel as one articulation.
Not sure what you mean by each channel as a note but do what works for you :)

d.healey

Music Monkey
Just having each iteration of the same note on one channel.
Oh I get what you mean. Yes I have one track per mic position and all of the articulations, dynamics, round robins etc. are on the same track. I used to have each articulation in separate projects but I don't do that any more.

Top Bottom