What's new

Bass guitar library that sounds like... (Please help)

Uncle Jesse

Hi, I was looking for an electric bass guitar library that sounds like the intro to this song

Not sure what sort of bass that is but the closet I've been able to get to replicating this sound is with the 'NI Scarbee Rickenbacker Bass' using the 'palm mute' patch.. I'm guessing the bass playing is a little muted in this recording too.

thanks!

Violin Bass in Modo and choose "pick" in play style. Try that.
Thanks for the suggestion mate. I gave it a go and while it does sound pretty close the library sounds lifeless and dull.. Like it's sampled really badly. Do you reckon it's a violin bass on the recording?

Thanks for the suggestion mate. I gave it a go and while it does sound pretty close the library sounds lifeless and dull.. Like it's sampled really badly. Do you reckon it's a violin bass on the recording?
I have no idea. Tons of stuff could be involved, distortion, reverb, tape. Try to add some tape and reverb on that modo patch and experiment till you get close.

Maybe some of the ample sound basses (precision maybe) could help you as those sound the most real to me. This is very exposed rif though, and it's a solo instrument which means you rly need a ton of editing to make it come alive.

Also, you need some great amp simulation plugin, those in modo are not that good. Uad has some great ones.

How about this? You like it ?

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/bass-for-youtube-video-mp3.18913/][/AUDIOPLUS]

It doesn't really sound like a real bass to me. It lacks the warmth and life from the recording and is very thin and clicky. I appreciate you trying to replicate it for me though. Is that with modo?

It doesn't really sound like a real bass to me. It lacks the warmth and life from the recording and is very thin and clicky. I appreciate you trying to replicate it for me though. Is that with modo?
Trilian, with some compression, saturation and room reverb.

Only listened on laptop. You could use a clean jazz bass or similar with a distortion or saturation plugin on the audio track.

Maybe just add some crunch from BIAS amp or something like that... it’s a picked bass but amped from what I could hear on my iPad....

Definitely a short scale, probably Hofner Violin Bass (probably with a bit of autotune, those things were bastards to intonate). Maybe a Fender VI? Lots of EQ and compression of course.

Yup, was gonna say, either a shortscale hollowbody or a Fender Bass VI (that's the shortscale 6-string, not VI as in VI Control), probably with flatwound strings, picked close-ish to the bridge, and run through a fairly cranked-up old-school amp. I have some free Bass VI samples: https://www.karoryfer.com/karoryfer-samples/wydawnictwa/pastabass - maybe could get close with something like an Ampeg B-15 sim.

This modern reissue of a Teisco TB-64 is actually remarkably close, so Bass VI types might be the best way to go.

Bass player here. That sounds like a bass (most likely a precision bass) with flatwound strings being played with a pick.

Hi, I was looking for an electric bass guitar library that sounds like the intro to this song

Not sure what sort of bass that is but the closet I've been able to get to replicating this sound is with the 'NI Scarbee Rickenbacker Bass' using the 'palm mute' patch.. I'm guessing the bass playing is a little muted in this recording too.

thanks!

https://beneshbach.com/resources/music/music/bass%20bit.mp3

Top Bottom