What's new

Base Template building - CinePerc, CineBrass, CSB...

muadgil

Hi
I'm building an orchestral template, following the various sales from editors, and classifieds.
Right now, I'm ok for WoodWinds (VSL I & II), kind of ok for Strings (SStS, VSL Orchestral, waiting for SCS Sale).
But Brass and Perc are not yet fine to my ears. I'm using VSL SE 1 and VSL Brass I (which is fine for solo intruments, but less convincing with ensembles I think).
I don't plan to buy many differents libs of the same sections as composing is just a hobby for now. But I'm trying to create a efficient and versatile template.
I was waiting for the Spitfire Spring sale for JB Perc, and was not yet decided for the brass section.
Then, there is a huge Cinesample sale from Native Instruments right now, and I read that their Perc and Brass libs are quite appreciated here.
No brainer ?

What are the other options?

cineperc is excellent
for brass cinebrass has its hits and its misses, cant do the fastest passages convincingly. cinebrass and CSB are really close honestly- cinebrass having the edge on sonic character and csb having more consistency/articulations.

JXL is beastly but considerably more pricey

CineBrass & CinePerc would be excellent choices for you. Their raw sound is some of the best out there!

Keep in mind that only Cinebrass Core is included in the package. And that has only legato for the solo instruments. So no staccato, marcato, tenuto etc. for the soloists.

Keep in mind that only Cinebrass Core is included in the package. And that has only legato for the solo instruments. So no staccato, marcato, tenuto etc. for the soloists.

Thanks for pointing that out ! So one point less regarding CineBrass Core for versatility...

Reactions: muk
Another option would be :
-CinePerc or Rhapsody Orchestral Percussions (heavy sale right now)
-CSB : I keep reading how wonderful it is, and it's more recent, so I'm quite curious

Last edited:
Top Bottom