What's new

BALKAN Ethnic Orchestra released// Final Hours of the Intro Special + Free Tenor Duduk available

Today we are happy to share some more demos with you showcasing the different styles of music BALKAN is capable of performing.

The first demo by the talented Jean-Gabriel Raynaud consists of 95% BALKAN. The other 5% are a jazz drumkit, which also is layered with the drums from BALKAN.

The second demo by Nathan Einhorn shows BALKAN in a contextual setting together with orchestra. Nathan also sent us a naked version of the track just featuring the BALKAN instruments he used.

Stay tuned for more demos and of course a veeeeery long and detailed walkthrough video by George himself!

This should come in handy if Guy Ritchie calls me to take care of the next Sherlock movie :unsure:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

the time has come to show you a complete walkthrough video of BALKAN Ethnic Orchestra.

BALKAN Ethnic Orchestra features over 40 different Eastern European instruments (Gypsy Band, Ethnic Folk, Ethnic Vocal Quartet, Pads and Percussion) and will be released on Monday Dec 11 at an attractive Intro Price of $329 ($399 RRP).

This library will be our first collection available for Kontakt Player and in addition to that NKS powered.

Enjoy!

Thanks a lot for your nice comments! Means a lot to us. We've been working on this collection the whole year. We even started recording the Kavals in 2016 already and spend as much time as needed to get them right. The library has tons of unheard and fresh sounds in it, which inspire you to write music you couldn't imagine before. Really looking forward to hear the music everyone of you will come up with!

Thanks a lot for your nice comments! Means a lot to us. We've been working on this collection the whole year. We even started recording the Kavals in 2016 already and spend as much time as needed to get them right. The library has tons of unheard and fresh sounds in it, which inspire you to write music you couldn't imagine before. Really looking forward to hear the music everyone of you will come up with!

Waouh ! So much work for a library ! Can't imagine the work behind this one. But the sound is so fresh and inspiring. And so much articulations and instruments and pads and VOICES and percs ..... This is for ME !!! Thanks so much !!!

Gorgeous library - can't wait to see it released. I'm guessing with that much content it won't be cheap, so I may have to wait a while, but still looking forward to it.

Just one suggestion for a future update - a lot of the instruments (or their close relatives) are found in other regions of Eastern Europe and the Middle East. I think a micro-tuning option would really increase the versatility of this library (not that it's not incredibly versatile already).

This is very impressive and more versatile than the name would suggest.

Thanks everyone for your nice comments. :)

@Lode_Runner considering its content BALKAN is veeeeeeeery affordable. $329 Intro Price ($399 RRP). Try and find another collection featuring choir, percussion, band, folk instruments all sampled with different mic positions, true polyphonic legato with those instruments out there. We did some research before we started to work on this beast of a project and couldn't find any.

BALKAN is designed to be a all in one solution for Eastern European (Balkan region) instruments and playing techniques. Here's a rough overview of the instruments. Almost all of those instruments have true legato, phrases, ornamented and regular shorts and longs and are designed to be inspirational and playable out of the box. No extensive keyswitching needed. It was very important for us to capture the soul of these incredible soloists rather than sample normal straight, lifeless articulations, which need lots of scripting or programming to make them shine in your music.
In addition to that BALKAN also features every major under the hood technique we've developed over the years, Syllabuilder Version 3, Distort Guitar Engine and X3M Percussion layout and to make it as affordable as possible for everyone of you we decided to go down the Kontakt Player and NKS route. It's also a great entry library into our world of creating virtual instruments which feel as lively as possible.

Once again here's a rough overview of what's included:

CATEGORY: ETHNIC CHOIR
Fully compatible with Freyja/Wotan/Arva/Rhodope! Unique recordings of a vocal quartet that feature the same content as Rhodope 2
Quartet: Eh Polyphonic True Legato
Quartet: Ah Polyphonic True Legato
Quartet: Syllabuilder Patch (Sustains & Staccatos)

CATEGORY: ETHNIC
Gadulka Ensemble
Solo Gadulka
Duduk Alto
Duduk Bass
Duduk Tenor
Bulgarian Duduk High
Bulgarian Duduk Low
Gaida (Traditional bagpipe)
Gypsy Clarinet
Gypsy Romantic Violin
Gypsy Violin
Kaval 1
Kaval 2
Tamboura
Zourna
Macedonian Kemane

CATEGORY: BALKAN BAND
Trombone 1
Trombone 2
Tuba
Euphonium
Trumpet
Flugelhorn
Gypsy Trumpet
Gypsy Guitar
Gypsy Bayan
Double Basse

CATEGORY: PADS
Fantasy pad soundscapes
Futuristic pad soundscapes

CATEGORY: PERCUSSION
Solo Tupan
- Beater
- Beater (dampened)
- Beater (rimshot)
- Clack
- Stick
- Stick (hit)
- Stick (dampened)

Single Chans (cowbells)
- 11 different types of "chans"

Multiple Chans (cowbells)
- 9 different combinations of chans

Klepalo (monastery wooden block)
- Klepalo - Big - Edge
- Klepalo - Big - Flat
- Klepalo - Big - played with "kiak" - wooden stick
- Klepalo - Small - Edge
- Klepalo - Small - Flat
- Klepalo - Small - played with "kiak" - wooden stick

Tarambuka (darbuka)
- Brass (Low)
- Brass (High)
- Brass (Side)
- Brass (Flam)
- Brass (Triplet)

- Clay (Low)
- Clay (High)
- Clay (Side)
- Clay (Flam)
- Clay (Triplet)

- Gypsy (Low)
- Gypsy (High)
- Gypsy (Side)
- Gypsy (Stick)
- Gypsy (Stick dampened)
- Gypsy (Flam)
- Gypsy (Triplet)

Balkan Band
- Bass Drum (muted)
- Bass Drum (open)
- Hihat Muted (by tradition these are actually performed like piatti)
- Hihat Open (by tradition these are actually performed like piatti)
- Hihat Stick
- Snare Single hit
- Snare Double hit
- Whistling
- Shouts "Hey"
- Shouts 'Oy"

Gorgeous library - can't wait to see it released. I'm guessing with that much content it won't be cheap, so I may have to wait a while, but still looking forward to it.

Just one suggestion for a future update - a lot of the instruments (or their close relatives) are found in other regions of Eastern Europe and the Middle East. I think a micro-tuning option would really increase the versatility of this library (not that it's not incredibly versatile already).

Indeed you are right, that would be a perfect addition, but also a very elaborate process to get it right, since our soloists all brought in their own unique nuances. Something we have to discuss for an update, if enough people want it to happen we are definitely not againts that idea at all.

Indeed you are right, that would be a perfect addition, but also a very elaborate process to get it right, since our soloists all brought in their own unique nuances. Something we have to discuss for an update, if enough people want it to happen we are definitely not againts that idea at all.

Really good price... Really. I thought it would cost the double so..........because of the multi content.....

Really good price... Really. I thought it would cost the double so..........because of the multi content.....
Fantastic value, and I've only watched half of the walkthrough. I don't know if I can get this during the intro period but I absolutely will get it.

It sounds awesome! is it possible to keep the intro price running until the end of this month?:unsure:

Shakuman.

Last edited:
Top Bottom