What's new

AVA - PRISM - Modern Pop Drums

karelpsota

send nudes
--- This is an old post, see bottom for update ---

Super excited to present our new baby!

Just like the previous AVA library INSTINCT - Trailer Sound Effects,

PRISM
is a small sample library with a very simple UI.

Focus on quality over quantity - all the samples have passed the test of time. They were used in tracks cumulating over 100 millions of views. (mostly pop records and notably the Shazam and LEGO 2 trailer).

Basically, we've trimmed the fat of my personal library and decided to share it with you.

Also, because I'm feel like drums sound different on their own VS. in a mix.

I've produced 11 demo tracks to show how the drums function in context.

Obviously, if your focus is orchestral music, that library is not for you.

But if you're interested in the production from artists like Ariana Grande, Charlie Puth, Foster The People, DNCE, Madeon... I'd recommend downloading the free pack (bottom of the link) and make an opinion for yourself ;)

Content:
- 20 Kicks
- 8 Toms
- 27 Snares
- 16 Claps
- 35 Hi-Hats
- 38 Drum Loops
- 15 Hi-Hat Loops
- 3 Cymbals
- 16 FX

Format:
- Audio files .wav 16-bit 48K
- PRISM Drum Engine (requires full retail Kontakt)

GET IT HERE ($67 intro offer, goes back to $99 after cyber-Monday)

edit 1: added walkthrough.

Interface Overview: 0:07
Sample Playthrough: 0:50
Assign Mode Feature: 3:14
Audio Effects: 5:04
Creative Mode: 6:40
In Context with Music: 8:30

edit 2: added tutorial on how to import your own samples.

General display: 0:07
Changing snares: 0:31
Saving the new patch: 1:18

Sep 2020 Update:

The content has been updated and expanded.
Fixed some samples, produced more samples, and released the recording sessions and tool-kits.
350+ samples total.

The UI has not changed. I think the Kontakt engine is great for drums with round robins and multi-mics but for pop stuff where it's just one-shots... it's pretty basic. I use it for sketching because it works straight out of the box.

For the drum mixing enthusiasts, I recommend the Ableton - Drum Rack or NI - Battery. They're ideal for processing those samples further.

Last edited:

PRISM is a small sample library with a very simple UI.

Focus on quality over quantity - all the samples have passed the test of time. They were used in tracks cumulating over 100 millions of views. (mostly pop records and notably the Shazam and LEGO 2 trailer).

Basically, we've trimmed the fat of my personal library and decided to share it with you.

But if you're interested in the production from artists like Ariana Grande, Charlie Puth, Foster The People, DNCE, Madeon... I'd recommend downloading the free pack (bottom of the link) and make an opinion for yourself ;)

Content:
- 20 Kicks
- 8 Toms
- 27 Snares
- 16 Claps
- 35 Hi-Hats
- 38 Drum Loops
- 15 Hi-Hat Loops
- 3 Cymbals
- 16 FX

Format:

I'll upload a walkthrough video tomorrow!

-KP

Glad you have a walkthrough coming. I’m not sure I fully understand the interface or everything that this can do based on what’s presented so far. Is there a sequencer included or is that done “in DAW”?

Demos sound great. Very crisp and modern.

I think it's a bit on the pricey side though, for what essentially a bit more than a piano's range of keys worth of drums + a bunch of loops.

Demos sound great. Very crisp and modern.

I think it's a bit on the pricey side though, for what essentially a bit more than a piano's range of keys worth of drums + a bunch of loops.

I totally get your point. Especially at a time where libraries sell you on file numbers.

The library had 400+ sounds initially but we wanted to only keep the best, so users don't waste their time browsing. It also helps to a have fewer sounds to build a sonic memory of each sound.
(at least that's how I work as a producer).

The one comment we got the most from our previous library was:
"INSTINCT is so small but I use it all the time, thanks for not putting fillers"

So that kind of became our philosophy.

Of course, if there's a huge backlash from the purchasers. We will adapt ;)
We don't mind sending more samples to our customers if there's a demand later.
But usually, our users don't mind less when the quality is high.

I totally get your point. Especially at a time where libraries sell you on file numbers.

The library had 400+ sounds initially but we wanted to only keep the best, so users don't waste their time browsing. It also helps to a have fewer sounds to build a sonic memory of each sound.
(at least that's how I work as a producer).

The one comment we got the most from our previous library was:
"INSTINCT is so small but I use it all the time, thanks for not putting fillers"

So that kind of became our philosophy.

Of course, if there's a huge backlash from the purchasers. We will adapt ;)
We don't mind sending more samples to our customers if there's a demand later.
But usually, our users don't mind less when the quality is high.
I downloaded the demo pack - not a big fan of doing it via Messenger though to be honest.

Sounds great, but when you're an old Stylus RMX user, using static loops just becomes too limiting, so I wouldn't personally use the loops.
I appreciate the 'keeping the best sounds only' thing, but I just think there's too few for the cost. Especially when I won't be using the loops.

How does the GUI work? Is it just a fancy way to select kick, snare and hihat that I could just hit on my keys or is there more to it? I can't seem to find any explanation on the website.

Last edited:
That's the thing about Karel's libraries, every sound just works. :) I use AVA Instinct all the time. Even when I have a track loaded up with huge orchestral sounds and percussion already, I can always find a sound or two in Instinct that cuts through and adds something in the frequencies I want without overwhelming everything else. I'll be buying this as soon as I get a library assignment that needs modern drums!

Last edited:
I downloaded the demo pack - not a big fan of doing it via Messenger though to be honest.
This. Also, on the website it definitely implies you are downloading a trial version, not just a sound set. Big difference...might be worth it to make that more clear with the wording. Definitely interested though, and the WAV samples do sound great!

Oh no. Why discussing the pricing of other libraries comparing to this one?
No need to do that. It is a great new drum library with great new sounds.

I just purchased it and I do not think anymore of my elder purchases from other companies.
Man, this is 67 Dollars....
What do you want more?

Responded to e-mail, but do not do FB. AVA responded to Subscribe /free samples inquiry, but no Prism stuff ...:sad:

Oh no. Why discussing the pricing of other libraries comparing to this one?
No need to do that. It is a great new drum library with great new sounds.

I just purchased it and I do not think anymore of my elder purchases from other companies.
Man, this is 67 Dollars....
What do you want more?
Fair enough.
I've edited my post.

I still think there's plenty of sub $67 options out there - particularly around Black Friday, but let's just leave it at that.

Fair enough.
I've edited my post.

I still think there's plenty of sub $67 options out there - particularly around Black Friday, but let's just leave it at that.

Have no issue with your Post. Also looong-time StylusRMX user with massive selection of loop libs (RMX /RX2) from Loop Loft. Also Ni_K11U drums content, AddictiveDrums2.
Would audition without bias if Demo provided other than FB.

I added a walkthrough of the engine with a bunch of tips and tricks.​

Interface Overview: 0:07
Sample Playthrough: 0:50
Assign Mode Feature: 3:14
Audio Effects: 5:04
Creative Mode: 6:40
In Context with Music: 8:30

I'll let my marketing partner know about the FB messenger stuff. Sorry about that ;)

Last edited:

PRISM is a small sample library with a very simple UI.

Content:
- 20 Kicks
- 8 Toms
- 27 Snares
- 16 Claps
- 35 Hi-Hats
- 38 Drum Loops
- 15 Hi-Hat Loops
- 3 Cymbals
- 16 FX

Format:

edit: added walkthrough

This sounds awesome, a pre-mixed modern drumkit is something I have been wanting for a while.

This is exactly what I was looking for.
What a brilliant idea to deliver the drums premixed and song-ready in this quality for modern pop music purposes. Great.

Until now, I used a "Battery drum kit" or a similar drumcomputer within my DAW - and I was still searching for the "perfect sound" to fit with my other tracks in my song. A time-consuming process.

Now, I totally understand what Karel Psota means when he says that "all the samples have passed the test of time".

An awesome product. I can recommend it.

OK. I think I get it now. Sounds really good, and can see how this could speed-up workflow. I like it. Can you map the triangle (rotation between kits)? You did mention trigger function for live performance so I'm guessing that's a yes. And can you swap out samples to any given slot (you mentioned there are more samples than those included in the 10 kits)?

Just bought it ,sounds are awsome. Is there some additional content or addons to be expected in the future?

Yes, we usually like to give away more free stuff to people that buy the library. We have a few bonus packs in works for Christmas ;)

OK. I think I get it now. Sounds really good, and can see how this could speed-up workflow. I like it. Can you map the triangle (rotation between kits)? You did mention trigger function for live performance so I'm guessing that's a yes. And can you swap out samples to any given slot (you mentioned there are more samples than those included in the 10 kits)?

Yes! They are more samples in the folders. I omitted:
  • Toms. Because of their tonal nature, they can clash with a track.
  • FX
  • "whoosh-hit-claps". It's not fun aligning pre-hits with midi.
  • Genre-specific drums. Some are too complex and only work in some precise genres like trap or future bass.
  • Tonal kicks (like "trailer - kick") and claps ("confident - clap")
  • Some weird high hats (like "foley - metal hit")
  • Some sample variations.
The UI contains the most versatile and easy to use samples. They should work with almost everything and is a great place to get started.

Then I would recommend working in audio for all the loops, FX and more complex samples.

I will do an extra walkthrough video to show the folders. I work a lot with audio and have a few tips and tricks.

Regarding the import, it is possible to import your own sample in the engine. My partner told me he'll do a video about it this afternoon.

Top Bottom