What's new

Automating VEPro channel enabling/disabling with expression maps

Nite Sun

Going out to any Cubase / VEPro users who might be willing to help!

I've nearly finished building a massive single track per instrument template with a ton of Expression maps. All the instruments are disabled in Vienna Ensemble Pro by default and I'd like to set up automation of channel enabling/disabling in VEPro triggered by my iPad (Composer Tools Pro for Lemur) so that I don't have to root around in VEPro to get an instument loaded. What I'm trying to figure out is whether this is going to be a huge hassle given the fact that a lot of my Expression Maps define midi channel changes to access multiple patches within Kontakt. Does this mean that I'd have to set up VEPro automation mapping on EACH midi channel for EACH kontakt instance, or is there a clever way around this? In other words if my 'Violin 1' track addresses all midi channels from 1 - 16 then do I need to set up VEPro mapping for all these channels just to allow for enabling/disabling for this one instrument?

Possibly I'm missing some obvious logic here or maybe something clever that could be done with an input transformer...

Would greatly appreciate any tips from template veterans.

Cheers

Top Bottom