What's new

Automating Bouncing Stems

composerguy78

I thought some fellow composers might find this useful. It's a macro I set up which is basically a recording of the key commands used to bounce stems. As long as you use track stacks and set up your session in this way it might help take some of the tedium out of bouncing stems.
https://youtu.be/YK5XicqyIWk
(click to view -->) How to Automate Bouncing Stems in Logic Pro with Keyboard Maestro

Okay here is a first draft of the stems automation that I set up using Keyboard Maestro. It's basically a macro of key commands for the stem bouncing process. It does require the application Keyboard Maestro.

Feedback welcome - my aim is to improve this process.

I have attached keyboard Maestro Macro file.

Attachments

OP
composerguy78

composerguy78

But does that include reverbs on Auxes per stem? By that I mean that whatever is sending to Bus 1, 2 etc. will does not get printed to stems.

You can batch export in Logic too, but it will create 'dry' stems. Also, the stems cannot share reverbs. Otherwise a cymbal crash on the percussion stem would ruin any other stem.

I would be really interested to know what Cubase can do.

Thx

Felix

Gerhard Westphalen

Scoring Mixer
Well yes, you need to have it properly bussed as it only does 1 pass recording everything simultaneously. If you have any sort of dynamics processing, printing individually won't work so it's better off to have it properly bussed. You can then still have a master buss compressor on the stems but sidechaining them.

I believe there's a program you can buy that does same thing you did for Logic but in Cubase.

OP
composerguy78

composerguy78

So basically this doesn't do this in Cubase? - I am not sure I understand what you mean by "properly bussed".

I wish it were able to do this in Cubase! But it's good that there is an app that does this automation for Cubase.

OP
composerguy78

composerguy78

Looks very nice. Thx for sharing Daryl! No use to me of course, but I expect it will be to somebody here reading this.
Felix

Top Bottom