What's new

Automate/Macro Cubase 10.5 Audio+Midi Export

Furexus

Hey everybody,

I have a lot of projects that I want to export in a certain manner and doing it all by hand takes so long, so I decided that I want to automate the process. Also I want to be able to do the same thing in new projects so that I always have up-to-date files.

What I want to do:
  • I press a key (combination) and a windows opens which asks how the export should be named. That input is taken and four files with the input as the name are created: A) A wav-file (44.1 16bit) with the master chain turned off, saved in an "unmastered" dir, B) A wav-file with the master chain turned on, saved in a "mastered" dir, [A and B can also be only one file, if it proves to be too hard to automate the "switch on/off master chain"] C) A 192kbit mp3 file, saved in an "mp3" dir, D) A midi-export, saved in a "midi" dir.
As far as I know there is no way to achieve that via Cubase also, one has to use some kind of macro/automation software - I tried Pulover's Macro Creater, but I'm not really sold on this one. A few components can be done via Cubase-macro, like selecting everything, setting the locators and running the Audio-Export, but that can be done via Pulover as well. Trouble really starts as soon as the Audio-Export window appears. In 6.5 (which I used before), you could hit the "tab" key, and be able to pretty much enter all the needed values by keystrokes. This isn't possible in 10.5, hitting keys does nothing. You can only reach the buttons my clicking on it.

There are 2, maybe 3 approaches on how to deal with his:
  • Use Image Search to find the button descriptions, position the mouse curser with an offset, click. Unfortunately, the image search doesn't work for me in Pulover at all. I followed the youtube tutorial

()

pretty much exactly, also running the programm in admin mode because the std-save-path is copyprotected, so the screengrab function isn't working when you run it normally. I also checked the "Wait until found" button, but it just doesn't find anything. Since the programm seems to be pretty old and not really that well updated, I figured that maybe that has something to do with Windows 10 but idk. So Image Search is pretty much out.
  • Move the mouse cursor to exact coordinates and doing the clicking this way. Touble is, that as soon as you move the export window (which might happen), the whole macro stops to work.
  • Maybe there's a way to directly access the control ID-s of the buttons? I have no idea if this is even possible (esp. with the weird non-standard way cubase UI is implemented).

So, has anyone a similar problem or an idea how to solve this? It would be great to have Cubase doing that stuff on its own or AT LEAST have Export-Presets, which would also help a lot.

Kind Regards
Furexus

Just a short update. I reached out to the autoHotkey Discord and they gave me advice on how to do the imagesearch part. I'm pretty sure that I have now all the tools to do this. It will take however a big of legwork. If anyone is interested in this I could also share it once it's done. But don't expect that to be very soon, as I'm still new to autoHotkey and don't know how long the scripting will take.

Top Bottom