What's new

Auras - Now £99

Hey, seems very nice to test on my sadly not so used Roli Seaboard 49. Just one question, what about the VAT discount for EU buyers?

Have you had any contact with kontakt? (!) Or NI, rather - in terms of the next version and MPE compatibility? And if Kontakt embraces MPE would that mean updates/future versions would be easier or would you have to redo a lot of stuff to get it working?

Preordering now :)

Hi Richard, thanks for ordering! Yes, we are working with NI on a couple of things, including trying to get it into a Player version (the way we have to do the scripting etc is not compatible with their NKS format at the moment). Regarding MPE, not sure how soon that will be implemented in Kontakt as its probably not a simple task. It would make updates etc easier but it's gradually getting easier for us anyway as we discover our own workflow to make it as simple as we can.

Still, we already have 2 updates planned for AURAS - one not too long after release, which will cover a bunch of little tweaks and ideas we have that we can't fit into this delivery schedule, plus any bug fixes etc that you guys may discover.

Then we have a few big ideas for it that we need to get our heads into and will take a bit of work, but aiming to do it within 6 months or so...

Hey, seems very nice to test on my sadly not so used Roli Seaboard 49. Just one question, what about the VAT discount for EU buyers?

Hey Gregory, we've set up this as a new company now we've gone public with our releases and are not currently VAT registered. So at the moment there is no VAT included in the price.

Which also means getting at the intro price is a bigger steal than it seems for those not VAT registered as the full price will be £179 + VAT once we do get registered.

Hey all, quick update. We've had some issues in the final packaging up etc with duplicate files, compression etc. We're just trying to work all that stuff out and then we'll get it uploading, probably won't be until tomorrow morning until its done though. Again will email everyone to let you know when its up and ready to go.

Anyone having a hard time finding the "littlefoot" folder on a Mac, try opening the contents of the Roli Dashboard app in Applications>Resources>Littlefoot.
I'm guessing it's an issue on my Mac because I moved my Home folder to a different drive.
I also couldn't update the Dashboard so I downloaded the latest and installed it.

It was a 4am finish to get it done but we got there, thanks for your patience guys.

Overview/walkthrough vids to come next week. Look forward to hearing what everyone does with the library!

We'll be straight on to working on some update ideas we've had :)

Is there a reason pitch bend range isn't set to 12 for all patches? Apart from that, and some CPU gobbling (to be expected) I'm loving it. It really rewards experimentation and playing around with the options - a bit like the Seaboard itself. Full of wonderful and evocative textures. Smashing job.

Is there a reason pitch bend range isn't set to 12 for all patches? Apart from that, and some CPU gobbling (to be expected) I'm loving it. It really rewards experimentation and playing around with the options - a bit like the Seaboard itself. Full of wonderful and evocative textures. Smashing job.

Hi Richard,

Really happy you're enjoying the library and cool video, its exciting to see people using it after the work that's gone into it.

The pitch bend range is set to as a stylistic choice. Most of the patches are quite layered and can start sounding a bit 'sample bendy' quite easy when the pitch bend is set to 12. Also a lot of our patches already have a bit pitch movement in so we didn't want to make it so sensitive to pitch that it starts wobbling all over the place with small movements.

What's the difference in the .mode between the lite and the normal?
Its essentially a limitation on voices to four voices so it will voice steal but keep down a bit of cpu usage.

Nothing complex but thought it was an easy way for people to just click on it if they want to try and keep cpu down.

Hi Richard,

Really happy you're enjoying the library and cool video, its exciting to see people using it after the work that's gone into it.

The pitch bend range is set to as a stylistic choice. Most of the patches are quite layered and can start sounding a bit 'sample bendy' quite easy when the pitch bend is set to 12. Also a lot of our patches already have a bit pitch movement in so we didn't want to make it so sensitive to pitch that it starts wobbling all over the place with small movements.

Thanks - makes sense to me, but it's nice I've got the option to quickly set the range to 12, so I can do pitch-per-note slides if needed. Good luck with the release!

Anyone having a hard time finding the "littlefoot" folder on a Mac, try opening the contents of the Roli Dashboard app in Applications>Resources>Littlefoot.
I'm guessing it's an issue on my Mac because I moved my Home folder to a different drive.
I also couldn't update the Dashboard so I downloaded the latest and installed it.
I haven't moved my home folder and it was in the same place for me. Maybe a High Sierra thing. Great sounds! I was gassing for the Olafur EVO that I don't have and I think this just solved that for me;)

Do u guys have any return policy on this library? Any trial version? Don’t get me wrong it sounds awesome, but I’ve bought alot of libraries in the past where Reality was different from expectation. Just thought I’d ask before clicking that buy button. No offence meant.

Do u guys have any return policy on this library? Any trial version? Don’t get me wrong it sounds awesome, but I’ve bought alot of libraries in the past where Reality was different from expectation. Just thought I’d ask before clicking that buy button. No offence meant.

Officially there is no returns policy, due to the difficulty of 'returning' a digital product such as this, we would judge each case individually though. Sorry but thats about the best I can say right now.

We'll be putting out some walkthrough/overview videos next week. Maybe you could wait for those and see if it gives you some more insight?

Officially there is no returns policy, due to the difficulty of 'returning' a digital product such as this, we would judge each case individually though. Sorry but thats about the best I can say right now.

We'll be putting out some walkthrough/overview videos next week. Maybe you could wait for those and see if it gives you some more insight?
Thanks for the quick reply! Yeah I understand it can be kind of sketchy. Yeah good idea, i might wait and see some more videos. Thanks for being so friendly and helpful!

This library is very, very good. My 14yo daughter has been playing our Seaboard Block and all the patches for hours at this point (while I've only had a few minutes' try... ) The quality of sound and expressiveness is wonderful. She has also stepped through all the Colors parameters. It is very well designed and recorded and presented. Thanks!

Hey -- is there documentation? Just wondering if you have more wisdom than I do for getting everything set up.

Cheers.

This library is very, very good. My 14yo daughter has been playing our Seaboard Block and all the patches for hours at this point (while I've only had a few minutes' try... ) The quality of sound and expressiveness is wonderful. She has also stepped through all the Colors parameters. It is very well designed and recorded and presented. Thanks!

Hey -- is there documentation? Just wondering if you have more wisdom than I do for getting everything set up.

Cheers.
I agree with everything you said! It's wonderful! I just got lost in The Faun Minor for half an hour! There was a quick start guide with the email that explains everything pretty well.

Top Bottom