Audioswift - Use Your Trackpad As A MIDI Control Surface (MAC)

Discussion in 'Your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)' started by davidgary73, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Golden Frog

Golden Frog Developer | Musician

Jan 16, 2018
    Here are some tips and tricks when working with a trackpad. We start with the most used macOS multitouch gestures, then some different setups using AudioSwift, and I show you my custom shortcuts using BetterTouchTool.

Producing Music with a Trackpad

We are having a Black Friday Sale at www.audioswiftapp.com. Offer ends November 27, 2018.

BlackFriday.gif

2. Golden Frog

Jan 16, 2018
    Hi. I was messing around with AudioSwift and made this short video in Logic Pro.

First of all, sorry for my lack of keyboard skills :). I made a setup where I'm controlling Studio Strings and the Articulation Sets in realtime with the trackpad and a CME Xkey 25:
    • X-axis of one finger sends CC1 (Dynamics)
    • Y-axis of one finger sends CC11 (Vibrato) and returns to default value 0
    • Switch of one finger sends CC25 (Sustain)
    • Switch of two fingers sends CC26 (Staccato)
    • Switch of three fingers sends CC27 (Spiccato)
    So with one finger I control both dynamics and vibrato, and without lifting the finger, I switch between articulations by tapping the other fingers. If I want to return to sustain, I release all fingers and touch the trackpad again. Maybe you find this setup useful, maybe not. Just wanted to share.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  3. Fox

Fox New Member

Oct 2, 2017
    Bought a copy. thank you!

Golden Frog likes this.
  4. Golden Frog

Jan 16, 2018
    Thank you for your support Fox!

5. Golden Frog

Jan 16, 2018
  6. Golden Frog

Jan 16, 2018
  7. Golden Frog

Jan 16, 2018
    Our Holiday Sale ends tomorrow December 31, 2018. Get AudioSwift with 30% off using coupon code HOLIDAY30.

Visit: www.audioswiftapp.com

Have a great 2019!

8. Golden Frog

Jan 16, 2018
    In this article I'll show you two methods to reroute AudioSwift's MIDI messages out of the computer. This way you can also control your favorite external synths using the trackpad like an XY pad or ribbon controller.

Using AudioSwift with External Synths.

9. LamaRose

LamaRose Gato Mighty!

Oct 26, 2015
    Are these CC numbers user assignable? For example, could I switch CC25 to CC2? This is an awesome app for Mac users!

10. Golden Frog

Jan 16, 2018
    Yes, you can set any controller to the CC number you want.

LamaRose likes this.
  11. MexicanBreed

MexicanBreed New Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Hello! This app looks seriously good and useful. I am a PC user and was wondering if you are considering porting the app or developing a similar one for Windows. I got a Faderport, and it is fine for what it does, but I can't assign other CCs. I tried Touchdaw, but I think I'd rather try something like this.

And... If anyone could suggest another option, I'd be much obliged.

12. Golden Frog

Jan 16, 2018
    Thanks. I wish I could tell you yes, but for the moment I'll be just supporting AudioSwift for macOS.

MexicanBreed likes this.
  13. MexicanBreed

MexicanBreed New Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Thanks for your answer. Hopefully someone comes upw ith a similar solution for Windows users.

14. Golden Frog

Jan 16, 2018
    Hi. I've finished the official AudioSwift User Guide. If you'd like to download it for quick reference, go to our tutorial section.

I'm working on a new update that will include new features for the Trigger Mode, very useful for people triggering samples or instrument's articulation from the trackpad.

AudioSwift is on sale until March 31, 2019. Get 30% off using the code GOLDENFROG30. Go to www.audioswiftapp.com.

SpringSale.gif

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 10:46 AM