What's new

Audiobro Modern Scoring Strings

Fuck it.
Just pulled the trigger on MSS full package!
:cool::2thumbs:
Ok so far the installation process is very annoying. I made sure my computer would not go to sleep when the display goes off and turned the display to 'never' in the energy saving settings...

& I came home after being out for 4 hours, legato downloaded no problem but the main package was stuck with 80 gb left to install and I hit pause and resume multiple times to no avail so I had to stop it and restart...wtf?
Starting over again, do I really have to sit at my computer for 3 hours while this installs?

Ok so far the installation process is very annoying. I made sure my computer would not go to sleep when the display goes off and turned the display to 'never' in the energy saving settings...

& I came home after being out for 4 hours, legato downloaded no problem but the main package was stuck with 80 gb left to install and I hit pause and resume multiple times to no avail so I had to stop it and restart...wtf?
Starting over again, do I really have to sit at my computer for 3 hours while this installs?
I didn't have to babysit the download. Its big, though, good luck.

That's why I always voice the general opinion that all these proprietary downloaders are stupid. If we just got normal download links which we can feed into a standard (and free) download manager (e.g. jdownloader) there wouldn't be all this cursing left and right, because those things have been developed over years to work and they do and have features that those proprietary things can only dream of.

Although, that said, I have to note that my MSS download went smooth even on a relatively slow internet connection.

Pour another glass! Life's too short even during a long download. It's gonna to be all right in the end.

That's why I always voice the general opinion that all these proprietary downloaders are stupid. If we just got normal download links which we can feed into a standard (and free) download manager (e.g. jdownloader) there wouldn't be all this cursing left and right, because those things have been developed over years to work and they do and have features that those proprietary things can only dream of.

Although, that said, I have to note that my MSS download went smooth even on a relatively slow internet connection.

Pour another glass! Life's too short even during a long download. It's gonna to be all right in the end.
yup, all good tho! Got it, now figuring my way thru it without watching videos because I like to dive in dirty!

It's very different at first compared to any other string library I own. A lot of control options here!
I'll watch the videos later once I hit a wall haha

yup, all good tho! Got it, now figuring my way thru it without watching videos because I like to dive in dirty!

It's very different at first compared to any other string library I own. A lot of control options here!
I'll watch the videos later once I hit a wall haha (I've already watched a few before I bought it but I wasn't listening to all the control info, more so just the sounds)

yes I made adjustments, these are not default patches. but nothing crazy imho, only simply stuff I do to most strings parts in my mixes.

actually i started with the result of my EWHO comparison video and made minor adjustments from there
Do you use the built in placement possibilities, or do you think it ruins audio quality too much? I am still undecided on that (having only the Extended Legato library for now).

I think the download was the trickiest part of the library, when I finally got through after the 4th attempt I awarded my self a medal, the download king

Do you use the built in placement possibilities, or do you think it ruins audio quality too much? I am still undecided on that (having only the Extended Legato library for now).
WOuld like to know the answer to this too. I prefer a dryish sound and the positioning seems ok as is , so , probably best not to use the additional placement ?

So how about the Expanded Legato as it stands - Is the Sordino convincing, especially in terms of legato.

As I understand it that is getting updated pretty soon. How much extra/value does the Expanded Legatos add to this ?

How the people from Audio Bro are handling all this
and their response and cooperation i would buy it
even if it was the worst product on the Planet...
(i bought it and it almost the Best product with little tweaks).

Yeh , the interaction on here and taking on board criticism/comments and rolling out relatively quick updates is really good to see.

So how about the Expanded Legato as it stands - Is the Sordino convincing, especially in terms of legato.

As I understand it that is getting updated pretty soon. How much extra/value does the Expanded Legatos add to this ?
personally, not so much. the sul pont are underwhelming at least, wish they kind of dug in more it's only audibly sul pont to my ears on certain RRs/notes, to the point where I feel like I need send those on a separate stem labeled sul pont so the orchestrator knows to write that.

First Attempt to piece something together with it. Playing with the Viola and Violin ostinatos and Viola Rhythm shorts... I've only had a few hours to explore MSS but so far I'm loving it. Paired it here with Abbey Road Ones drums/sparkling winds and OT's Dagu Drum/Junkie XL horns!

Attachments

• MSS First Cue .mp3
    1.4 MB
Top Bottom