What's new

Audiobro Modern Scoring Strings

Unfortunately they did not include a Bumpy-Legato articulation option. I might have to check other libraries for that.
I am very disappointed in this. They obviously do not listen to what users want! 🤪. Without it there’s not many things for us to all come here and fill 500 pages up with arguments and bashing the library until they make a fix for us.

I mean everyone loves a good legato with a huge sucking sound legato gap in it. Maybe they will make us a button for that 😁.

You'll easily find bumpy legatos on eBay within not too long. But they may become very pricey of course – vintage pruducts are often that.
Don't make fun of Bumpy-Legatos, they are becoming more valuable than you think, they are a collector's item now, totally Vintage, especially the very bumpy ones. :laugh:

There could be 2 reasons for why the legatos haven't been shown till this stage:
1-they're either incredibly beautiful, so they want to end the walkthrough series with it, as in the "Big Finale" or...
2-they're just ok or not so good, so they're releasing all other cool features first to raise our excitement bar for those features on one hand as well as to absorb our shock about the legatos on the other hand, leaving us with a final impression/subconscience of "hey... I'm not sad about how the legatos turned out. Not everything is about legatos and there are so many cool features already so I'll buy the library anyways.."

I really hope we're not in front of scenario #2 cause my obsession with audiobro's stuff will likely force me to buy the library either ways..

There could be 2 reasons for why the legatos haven't been shown till this stage:
1-they're either incredibly beautiful, so they want to end the walkthrough series with it, as in the "Big Finale" or...
2-they're just ok or not so good, so they're releasing all other cool features first to raise our excitement bar for those features on one hand as well as to absorb our shock about the legatos on the other hand, leaving us with a final impression/subconscience of "hey... I'm not sad about how the legatos turned out. Not everything is about legatos and there are so many cool features already so I'll buy the library anyways.."

I really hope we're not in front of scenario #2 cause my obsession with audiobro's stuff will likely force me to buy the library either ways..
Scenario #1 all the way. :dancedance:

Scenario #1 all the way. :dancedance:
Sure, most likely. Since Audiobro was a pioneer and released convincing legatos 10-12 years ago, and have spent a lot of time working on MSS, why would they release it with useless legatos? Doesn't really make sense.
But are the bass pizzicatos long enough? That's an important topic for me, since I already have too many too short bass pizzes.

I’d bet on Scenario #3 – the legatos will be great, but that part of the patches is still getting its finishing touches, and @dxmachina already said they basically make and put out videos covering each respective feature the moment it’s complete.

Also, a quick Q for @dxmachina: Will it be possible to morph between sul tasto/nat./sul pont. as a player can (great for smooth transitions), or are they more like an on/off switch? Definitely a reach, but I thought I’d ask.

Keep up the great work, can’t wait to give you all my money. :2thumbs:

Sure, most likely. Since Audiobro was a pioneer and released convincing legatos 10-12 years ago, and have spent a lot of time working on MSS, why would they release it with useless legatos? Doesn't really make sense.
But are the bass pizzicatos long enough? That's an important topic for me, since I already have too many too short bass pizzes.

Well it happened with Synchron Strings and Berlin Symphonic Strings (to a lesser extent) and they are both well renowned developers.

Both have a sterile "dead" sound , especially in the high strings. I dont know what goes wrong, but the end results just ends up not capturing the realism and expression that is so sorely needed.

Fingers crossed Audiobro have nailed it though.

True - there are some other companies too, which launched new string libraries with less believable legatos than they had before. And there's no need to speculate, really – we'll all soon know. But I still trust that this will be good, both because Audiobro is a company with few products, and because the other stuff in MSS seems to have been worked properly on. They can't afford send potential users on a bumpy ride.

I think you guys are totally off the tracks here. First of all, the library is done. What I can understand it's already at NI. Like @dxmachina told us, there would be no videos if the library wouldn't be ready. 2nd, there is no way they are thinking about this the way you are. They are just two guys excited about the unique features in their upcoming library. Legatos will be killer and I am sure that you will see and hear it soon in a video. Audiobro has always been really upfront with all the videos, demos, etc. No reason why they would need to soften the blow with anything. Btw...loving the short articulations and the close mics sound amazing as well!

Top Bottom