What's new

Audiobro Modern Scoring Strings

Ooh, it sounds good. And I really like that the library can be used both in a simple "load and play"-way and a more advanced way with full control over all the little details.
As a (potential) new Audiobro customer, it seems the best move if I want this library, is to buy Genesis Choir or another library first, at least if I want to buy the expansion as well.
Does anybody have a clue as to how long the sales prices in the store will last?

With each video that they release, MSS is a more spectacular and complete product. I am practically convinced that this is going to be an instant purchase. More videos please !!

What if. I am a proponent of giving developers the peace of mind and time they need to have the product fully polished upon launch. It's worth the wait.

If I have understood correctly, the introductory prices will remain for 1 month after the launch of MSS.
Thanks, but I think that just pertains to the MSS prices. The other, older libraries are also for sale (Black Friday- sale), and I kinda worry that they suddenly will go back to full price before I make up my mind about MSS :)

Thanks, but I think that just pertains to the MSS prices. The other, older libraries are also for sale (Black Friday- sale), and I kinda worry that they suddenly will go back to full price before I make up my mind about MSS :)
Oh, okay. I had misunderstood you. The duration of those prices I do not know. Hopefully they last a long time to make it easier for us to get the complete collection.

And saying this I retrieve a question for @dxmachina to answer when he has some time. What can we expect from Audiobro in the future? Beyond LASS 3.

Are you going to work on releasing a possible "Modern Scoring Woodwinds" and maybe a "Modern Scoring percussion"?

A greeting!

Hi! Can you provide additional detail regarding MSB and VEPro? I'm aware of some general issues with CPU/RAM (and have followed the similar Audiobro topics for Genesis, which I bought and love), but is there additional issue with MSB in VEPro?

I'm interested in picking it up, but it would definitely be on a secondary server. Thanks!
I just find that the MSB VEPro instance is RAM intensive and is the one part of my template most likely to get "hung up" requiring a reload or restart of VEPro.

website trying to show off those legs, shorts were getting in the way.
Yes heard that too, shorts sounded very detailed some good texture going on there, was trying very hard to get a handle on the legato, they did sound very nice but yer they were well in the back ground and I think it got my attention more than the shorts vid

I just find that the MSB VEPro instance is RAM intensive and is the one part of my template most likely to get "hung up" requiring a reload or restart of VEPro.
You can use batch resave, for faster I loading times

Never had any issues with VEpro and MSB

Wow ... after hearing the Shorts ... and the subtle demo playing at the beginning ... I'm quite excited about this library. This just might become my top 2-3 string libraries of use.

I love the resonance, even without the IR. And then all of the extra features?! No brainer.

One question ... is this library automatically panned according to the Divisi setup?

Stage-6-reduc.png

If I had a "wish list" ...

1) Is it possible to add the Ostinato feature to the Brass and Choir libraries?

2) Any chance to allow the LASS samples inside MSS to build massive combos?

@dxmachina Excellent video. Each new one only raises the hype. Those mics sound excellent (even if the Surround mic doesn’t sound quite as distant as I’d hoped, but that’s barely even a nitpick).

One question – how quiet does the library get using the modwheel? One great thing about strings is they can fade in from/fade out to basically complete silence, with almost no apparent jump or drop-off in volume. Some libraries replicate this (EWHS for instance can play extremely softly at very low CC1 levels), but some have a “minimal” volume level that has to be compensated for with CC11. It’s a minor detail, but I hope you can demonstrate MSS’s full dynamic range – from absolute softest to absolute loudest – in a future video. :2thumbs:
well they are surround mics, not far far away mics;)

The raw sound may be masked by the (IMO overly) wet reverb used in their videos, but does anyone else think these instruments have a very dark tone? They remind me of CSS.

It would be great to hear different sonic profiles, as I personally prefer a brighter, more present string sound.

haha this is awesome!^^

Sadly no-one wants too connect me to this one Newman family that has a good run in LA
LA, schmell-A. As long as you're not tricked into visiting germany by someone like @OrchestralTools

it's known that teldex is home to one of the largest collections of Neumann mics... infact, they only read your emails because after a late night of cutting samples they thought your name was "Neumann, Mics"

you here looking at the divisi strings boatman?

edit: they've already got you in their sights, I thought you were living somewhere in scandinavia.

Top Bottom