What's new

Audiobro Modern Scoring Strings

Yes, shorts are indeed niiice. They were already great in LASS. I also love the room sound in general, not too small, not too big.

If only SySI/SSP shorts would sound like this, then this would be a better library. Don't like the shorts at all.

Sorry if I missed some questions... haven't been able to pop my head up for a while. I can't update further on release date beyond what I already mentioned - that we're doing our best and working like crazy. One thing I will say is that we can't (or won't, I guess) do videos until the library is finished... and we also prefer demos to use the very last version of the library if possible (so it matches exactly what you get). The fact that videos are coming out should give you an indication where we're at. I promise we're not trying to make you all crazy!

Yes, we did real Violins 1 and Violins 2 (both with divisi). They come as a combined patch (for 1a+1b+2a+2b) as section patches (1a+1b and separately 2a+2b) and also as 4 split divisi patches for those hoping to increase their DAWs track count. :)

If I missed a question let me know. More videos coming up!

I'm sure this was already asked or will be covered, but is the articulation selector and ostinato feature functionally the same as it would be for hard programming the notes in? For orchestration and prep purposes, although the sound is great, it makes it a little bit more difficult when under the gun with tight deadlines if everything is stored under the hood.

Just with the videos released thusfar, I'm sold.

@dxmachina I noticed something in the shorts video with the violins close mics only. Is it me, or do the violins seems to shift a bit in the stereo field? I ask because this is what actually happens when players are moving around with close mics - they move, but the mics don't. I feel like a lot of developers go out of their way to neuter this phenomenon, but for added realism, I feel like it SHOULD be there.

The real question - was this intentional/deliberate? ;) Answer wisely.

Looks really nice. I do wish the demos were a bit drier but I realize that the snapshots and mixes/IRs are a feature and will be explained further. I love my close mics and these sound great.

And WOW the tighten knob was a lot more than I expected. I thought it would be a sample start offset. But it's more like having a time machine patch for every short articulation, except it's all-in-one shorts. Something crucial to realistic phrasing that I constantly pull my hair out wishing for.

The shorts sound great and I really like all new features and options. Also. it's very refreshing to see just 3 mic positions plus mix:). So far so good!

Good showing of the features. I do like that Close mic.

With libraries like this that have a Rhythm Tool or Arpeggiator, how do people go about them if they're on a VEPro server separate from the DAW? Do you just use Coupled instances so the DAW project stores these attributes?

Close mics seem to sound particularly good in those examples. Looks like the short articulation implementation is pretty well thought out. I'm probably going to get this when it comes out.

Wasn't crazy about the sound of the basses though; seemed a bit midrangey.

Also, learned a new word in that video: "CC-able".

Given what @dxmachina wrote above, I'm guessing the videos we are watching are not done using the final-release version of MSS. So, we might have to wait for them to finalize it for release, and also wait for NI to encode it, which takes another few days.

So... I think we will see it officially released in Feb. but would love to be wrong.

"One thing I will say is that we can't (or won't, I guess) do videos until the library is finished...The fact that videos are coming out should give you an indication where we're at."

Pretty clear.

How many solo bass pieces have you heard?
Stanley Clarke would like to have a word with you...

No, but really, its not about using a solo instrument only as a solo - its a layer. If you're going to have first chairs, you should have a bass - its not only common courtesy to our bass player first chairs out there, but also makes sense from a template standpoint - consistency.

Last edited:
"One thing I will say is that we can't (or won't, I guess) do videos until the library is finished...The fact that videos are coming out should give you an indication where we're at."

Pretty clear.
OK, so did I read it the other way around, the library is completed, and ready for release, that's why they are releasing videos ?

OK, so did I read it the other way around, the library is completed, and ready for release, that's why they are releasing videos ?
I interpreted it to mean that if a video is released on a certain aspect of the library, then that particular aspect is completed but elements which do not yet have videos are still in progress. The takeaway for me, then, was that the library is mostly completed.

Top Bottom